Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For what it's worth. Kawhi has a 5-3 head-to-head record vs LeBron, not counting the 2013 & 2014 NBA Finals. LeBron has the advantage in points, assists, and FG%. Kawhi has the edge in rebounds, steals, blocks, and FT%.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/..._id2=jamesle01
    Last edited by Thomas82; 04-19-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: To include a link.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still wouldn't feel comfortable putting Kawhi over LeBron (put it this way - if I'm having to choose one player out of anyone in the league for one playoff run, I'm still going with LeBron)...but he's pretty much cemented himself as the #2 guy IMO, which is a of an achievement in a league with guys like Durant, Harden, Curry, and Westbrook.

Depending on how the rest of this postseason goes, I could maybe see Kawhi jumping ahead of him. We still haven't seen Kawhi dominate on a consistent basis while leading a team deep into the postseason (really hope no one actually tries bringing up 2014 to argue this). If he can get us to the WCF and at least make the series against GS compe ive while playing at the level he played at all year, then I might change my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the second best player in the world but its kinda unfair to put him above the current champion of the world. Maybe next year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi has been better than Lebron ever since the last 3 games of the 2014 finals. Basically, Kawhi's defense outweighs Lebron's passing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LBJ is good at defense, Kawhi is great. Kawhi is a better shooter than LeBron, but LeBron is a superior passer, floor leader, driver to the basket, and ball handler. Though LeBron is on the decline and Kawhi isn't in his prime years yet, I'd give the edge to LeBron. He just does more stuff better right now. But that's not a knock on Kawhi. You could make an argument that Kawhi is better, which is something that couldn't be done the last 8-10 years that LeBron was in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal have slated Leonard as the 2nd best player as of now.

That's some high praise coming from two guys who don't say things for show or attention... they honestly believe Leonard is up there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LBJ is good at defense, Kawhi is great. Kawhi is a better shooter than LeBron, but LeBron is a superior passer, floor leader, driver to the basket, and ball handler. Though LeBron is on the decline and Kawhi isn't in his prime years yet, I'd give the edge to LeBron. He just does more stuff better right now. But that's not a knock on Kawhi. You could make an argument that Kawhi is better, which is something that couldn't be done the last 8-10 years that LeBron was in the league.
    Ill still say Lebron is better but I like Kawhis decision making better. Kawhi passes it too but he'll make a move to the basket first, then finds the open man. Lebron just passes it from the three point line all the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't mean if LeBron makes it to his 7th straight Finals...

Kawhi has to get there and dethrone the King for him to take the #1 spot. Regular season is nice and all but it's what happens in the PO that creates a legacy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal have slated Leonard as the 2nd best player as of now.

That's some high praise coming from two guys who don't say things for show or attention... they honestly believe Leonard is up there.

I don't know if you remember, but Reggie Miller said towards the end of Game 2 that Kawhi might have passed LeBron.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    lmao hahahaha he has never led a team past the 2nd round of the playoffs

lmao he disappeared in the playoffs 2 years in a row

ill let Nick Wright speak the truth here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao hahahaha he has never led a team past the 2nd round of the playoffs

lmao he disappeared in the playoffs 2 years in a row

ill let Nick Wright speak the truth here

Dude said beyonce is the most beautiful women in the world...... and gaymond was the best defensive player the last two years...

Okay..... those takes seriously dent his credibility.

Beyonce is fine and all but isnt the most beautiful woman in the world. I just saw a chick at a gas station who was hotter than beyonce.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Spurs with Kawhi at the helm take out Houston/OKC, and then Golden State, I'm willing to entertain the notion. I want to see Kawhi do something like Lebron did in last season's finals. Pull that off, then yes, you are #1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude said beyonce is the most beautiful women in the world...... and gaymond was the best defensive player the last two years...

Okay..... those takes seriously dent his credibility.

Beyonce is fine and all but isnt the most beautiful woman in the world. I just saw a chick at a gas station who was hotter than beyonce.
    Stop getting sucked in so easily dude
    Benoit is the most obvious troll on here other than Bieber. He doesn't even believe what he says

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the Spurs with Kawhi at the helm take out Houston/OKC, and then Golden State, I'm willing to entertain the notion. I want to see Kawhi do something like Lebron did in last season's finals. Pull that off, then yes, you are #1.
    Would be nice to have Kyrie and Love. Love and Aldridge are at about the same level when healthy. Kyrie is where Lebron has the advantage. If the Spurs had a top 10 PG, they'd have a good chance against GS. Lebron is a better player than Kawhi now, but I wouldn't judge that based on if the Spurs beat GS. If we swapped Kawhi for Lebron this season, I still don't see how we could beat GS without injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he can get us to the WCF and at least make the series against GS compe ive while playing at the level he played at all year, then I might change my mind.
    When the Spurs with Kawhi at the helm take out Houston/OKC, and then Golden State, I'm willing to entertain the notion..
    And? ONE great player has to make compe ive a series against FOUR All-Stars in their prime? Yep...Fair expectations.

LeBron is the best player in the world but I wonder if he would have played 6 straight Finals playing in the West instead of the Weak-East.

Anyway, if Kawhi leads this current Spurs team to the WCF, we should build some Kawhi's statue and make it the favorite SA tourist attraction over River Walk and The Alamo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is the second best player in the world but its kinda unfair to put him above the current champion of the world. Maybe next year
    -----------------------------------

Unless we win the NBA le this year, wouldnt you agree Sir Apalisoc?

hmmmmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU BECOME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT.

If the Spurs really, really believe they can win the NBA le, then they shall win it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop getting sucked in so easily dude
    Benoit is the most obvious troll on here other than Bieber. He doesn't even believe what he says
    I know. Just wanted to discredit the beyonce overhype. She is fine but there are plenty of hotter chicks in each decent sized city in america.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And? ONE great player has to make compe ive a series against FOUR All-Stars in their prime? Yep...Fair expectations.

LeBron is the best player in the world but I wonder if he would have played 6 straight Finals playing in the West instead of the Weak-East.

Anyway, if Kawhi leads this current Spurs team to the WCF, we should build some Kawhi's statue and make it the favorite SA tourist attraction over River Walk and The Alamo.
    No, LeBron wouldn't make 6 straight Finals playing in the West...I don't think there's much debate there.

As for Kawhi, I'm not saying he needs to beat GS or even push them to 7...but he needs to play at a high level and again, at least make the series somewhat compe ive. I don't think that's unreasonable to expect from a guy who we're supposedly arguing as the best basketball player in the world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The eastern conference is a joke. I vote for Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got Kawhi at #1 right now. He's younger, plays harder on D, and his post game is better than Lebron's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget the gaymond suspension and the warriors choke job. And it was kyrie hitting all the big shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever thinks Kawhi is better than LBJ is a nutcase.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever thinks Kawhi is better than LBJ is a nutcase.
    He will be, eventually, once Lebron (finally) ages

Thread Information