Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This got just said in the presser that the game got out of hand "within the first minute, after two whole turnovers which ballooned the lead to 9".
    TO 9...9!!!

Cavs were -25 remaining 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter and Lou let his starters on court and also played them the whole 3rd quarter but Pop... SMH

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TO 9...9!!!

Cavs were -25 remaining 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter and Lou let his starters on court and also played them the whole 3rd quarter but Pop... SMH
    Not just 9, but 9 against the 20th ranked offense in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters weren't going to comeback. Stupid to have them play hard and risk injury, plus... them they weren't playing with any intensity. This guy has won championships doing this, you think you'd be used to it.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the reason no star ever comes here. Pop ruining Kawhi's PPG late in the season.... benching the starters in a playoff game down single digits.... ISO postup 1990's offense.... quitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And in which Parker had two dumb turnovers.
    You could tell from Tony's closed mouth and clipped responses in the post-game interview that Pop had already threatened to castrate him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the reason no star ever comes here. Pop ruining Kawhi's PPG late in the season.... benching the starters in a playoff game down single digits.... ISO postup 1990's offense.... quitter
    Read the post above you..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Subbing out Kawhi in that manner--with total disregard for his body of work in the series so far and season as whole-- was embarrassing and freaking disgusting..
    Kawhi was the only Spur making shots consistently...6/9 16 pts in the first half. After benched him early in the 3rd, he just took 2 shots in the 2nd half

Two things about that.

-Pop is the only one who can stop Kawhi in the series.

-Kawhi is quiet but not stupid.
    After Pop benched him, he was passing the ball instead of being aggressive taking shots/forcing it/drawing fouls... Going on his own way, Kawhi made a strong statement vs Pop..."You NEED me"

Sadly, Pop doesnt give a about that "Need you? Nah...They ONLY need ME"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starters weren't going to comeback. Stupid to have them play hard and risk injury, plus... them they weren't playing with any intensity. This guy has won championships doing this, you think you'd be used to it.
    They for sure weren't coming back from a 9 point deficit with 22 mins left, against a mediocre offensive team? Idiots like you are why Pop can pull like this without any criticism.

On second thought, you have to be a ing troll. No way are you for real.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was the only Spur making shots consistently...6/9 16 pts in the first half. After benched him early in the 3rd, he just took 2 shots in the 2nd half

Two things about that.

-Pop is the only one who can stop Kawhi in the series.

-Kawhi is quiet but not stupid.
    After Pop benched him, he was passing the ball instead of being aggressive taking shots/forcing it/drawing fouls... Going on his own way, Kawhi made a strong statement vs Pop..."You NEED me"

Sadly, Pop doesnt give a about that "Need you? Nah...They ONLY need ME"
    This is what I saw too. He did this game 7 of the clippers series. "Trust the team" failed him then, and Pop is doing it again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the post above you..

ing vanilla fans. Wouldnt be surprised if he believes in "CIA Pop"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a ty take. Bench Leonard because the Grizz made a tiny run. He needed to pull Parker at most. But you gotta let the stars try to figure it out and respond. Putting that second team in basically sent the message to Memphis that they were getting to the Spurs. Conley, Zee, and Gasol have been around long enough to know it was time to really get after it.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like when pop benched kawhi after 5 minutes in game 6 vs okc and the game blew up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a reason Pop wants no part of assertive and outspoken African american players. Him being a fan of Kobe/Lebron is one of the biggest facade put up in the entire league all over those years..

Going to be interesting to see how he deals with all those characters in Team USA..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    risk injury? with 24 mins to play? this is the ing playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have even taken out Enrique and everyone knows how I feel about him. He's done a decent job on Conley defensively and Paddy was hot with the bench unit in the first half. Just call a timeout and chew them out, tell them to get their heads out of their asses like any other coach without an inflated ego would have. That would've been more than enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a reason Pop wants no part of assertive and outspoken African american players. Him being a fan of Kobe/Lebron is one of the biggest facade put up in the entire league all over those years..

Going to be interesting to see how he deals with all those characters in Team USA..
    Will probably bronze it up again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like when pop benched kawhi after 5 minutes in game 6 vs okc and the game blew up.
    Yup...

That was disgusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it for two years now. Pop needs to go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi looked like he was planning his next team during the 4th quarter on the bench.

Unfortunatly this senile fraud will retire after he left the franchise in shambles
    This is why Kawhi will be somewhere else in a few years as well. Today it's about your bank account and that's not just your payroll from the franchise now. Kawhi could be making serious bank if the franchise he played for treated him like a marquee player instead of a cog. He could have multiple endorsement contracts because his quiet demeanor is marketable to a large NBA population who are tired of the showboat stars. and are attracted to the work ethic, shut up and work... but I get it, I'm a Spurs fan, and I want him to stick around. His demeanor suggests he's not interested in all the hoopla but there are only so many Tim Duncans around, big impact stars who will forego all the big money to also forego all the bull that goes along with it. If Kawhi wants wealth, if he realizes he could now be in a situation where he's on the WCF bubble every year, he could opt to make some lesser team better instead of sharing the space with the Tony Parkers of the world.

Then I caught a lot of for saying it.

I am a ing prophet here. I truly am.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't have even taken out Enrique and everyone knows how I feel about him. He's done a decent job on Conley defensively and Paddy was hot with the bench unit in the first half. Just call a timeout and chew them out, tell them to get their heads out of their asses like any other coach without an inflated ego would have. That would've been more than enough.
    I agree with the idea. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough. But he should have least given them that much respect. And a chance to somehow climb back...from 4 points. If they kept sucking, then whatever. But you're right..why not call a TO and get after them. Was he too lazy or was he overthinking everyone ing about his predictable time outs?

Of all the times for him to call a TO, that would have been a good one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    risk injury? with 24 mins to play? this is the ing playoffs
    Wouldn't surprise me if that's what Pop was thinking, tbh

Didn't Kawhi only play like 35 MPG vs. OKC in last year's playoffs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pop starting to believe his own
    "get over yourself", thinks he's the genius behind all 5 rings
    can't just dump it to timmy anymore; immediately gets exposed for the senile re he really is
    thinking this team can seriously compete for a championship without someone to regulate pop's insane ego

the more and more i see of pop the less and less impressed i am.

makes me respect 21 even more tbh...what a legend that man was. GOAT with pop hiding behind his skirt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Pop knew he was dealing with the momentum from Fizdale's meltdown. He'll be better next game. He expects to see SA show Memphis respect, play hard defense, not that Pau and David Lee were doing by letting fat ass Zbo dunk down a wide open lane.

It doesn't matter though, whether its Memphis or the next team. The Spurs have a glass ceiling called the Warriors. There's no trophy in store for winning the 1st or 2nd round, and unlike the Clippers they don't hang division banners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigger ego: Pop or fat boy DMC?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the idea. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough. But he should have least given them that much respect. And a chance to somehow climb back...from 4 points. If they kept sucking, then whatever. But you're right..why not call a TO and get after them. Was he too lazy or was he overthinking everyone ing about his predictable time outs?

Of all the times for him to call a TO, that would have been a good one.
    Pop got disgusted when fathead couldn't bring the ball up the floor without dribbling it out of bounds.

Thread Information