Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone giving Leonard a pass... he was passively a problem too. He was sort of tantrumming on offense, calling for the ball in odd places, and had some key defensive mistakes. It reminded me of when Kobe had that game where he stopped shooting to prove a point. Besides splashing a deep three, and one mean dunk Kawhi offense was so so... he left a few shots short... even that Jordan imitation fingeroll fail. I had to laugh at that trash. I love Kawhi but he needed to get his head out of his ass too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone giving Leonard a pass... he was passively a problem too. He was sort of tantrumming on offense, calling for the ball in odd places, and had some key defensive mistakes. It reminded me of when Kobe had that game where he stopped shooting to prove a point. Besides splashing a deep three, and one mean dunk Kawhi offense was so so... he left a few shots short... even that Jordan imitation fingeroll fail. I had to laugh at that trash. I love Kawhi but he needed to get his head out of his ass too.
    Not everyone:

Kawhi needs to step the up too. His passiveness is probably the second biggest reason (besides Poop's idiotic teaching moment) why their lead ballooned to 18.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Kawhis "tantrums" are whats right for the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't play well with the "one man gets 40pts" style of play. That's what the Spurs are relegated to now. It works ok in the RS when it's a one-two movement but when there's the one-two-three ball movement (or even four and five), you see a better point balance. Right now the Spurs don't have a nice scoring balance. It's troubling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't play well with the "one man gets 40pts" style of play. That's what the Spurs are relegated to now. It works ok in the RS when it's a one-two movement but when there's the one-two-three ball movement (or even four and five), you see a better point balance. Right now the Spurs don't have a nice scoring balance. It's troubling.
    Because Aldridge is a pussy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Aldridge is a pussy.
    He didn't become a pussy suddenly when he came to SA. He just had to adapt to the role of a cog instead of a star. Spurs are now cog heavy, star light. Tony and Manu no longer bring it, and there's no Boris Diaw/Tiago/Marco combo to move the ball around. Now you have a bunch of scrubs and Dedmon who is worse than Nazr. Pau Gasol and David Lee aren't the scorers they used to be, neither were ever even decent defenders. The Spurs built a 2nd round playoff team hoping that it would sell season tickets. They knew damn well what they were doing. Kawhi has surprised even them with his efficiency and abilities, but he cannot polish a turd into a diamond.

Spurs need a real point guard and a legit center. You could say the same for half the NBA but they don't have Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi is what you build around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't become a pussy suddenly when he came to SA. He just had to adapt to the role of a cog instead of a star. Spurs are now cog heavy, star light. Tony and Manu no longer bring it, and there's no Boris Diaw/Tiago/Marco combo to move the ball around. Now you have a bunch of scrubs and Dedmon who is worse than Nazr. Pau Gasol and David Lee aren't the scorers they used to be, neither were ever even decent defenders. The Spurs built a 2nd round playoff team hoping that it would sell season tickets. They knew damn well what they were doing. Kawhi has surprised even them with his efficiency and abilities, but he cannot polish a turd into a diamond.

Spurs need a real point guard and a legit center. You could say the same for half the NBA but they don't have Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi is what you build around.
    Yes, he's always been a pussy. He's just more of a pussy under Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't know how to make easy shots for jawhi and Aldridge... They always end up catching the ball at the 3 point line, then trying to make something out of nothing...no sets are run that have Aldridge catching it down low, and tony isn't good enough to run a decent pick and roll/pop because he isn't an offensive threat...kawhi needs to catch the ball in the mid post, and run a pick with LA...third thing they can do is run a curl for kawhi ...he will garner enough attention to where he dumps it to LA or dedmon...and if he doesn't, he eats

PRESSURE MAKES DIAMONDS
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TO 9...9!!!

Cavs were -25 remaining 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter and Lou let his starters on court and also played them the whole 3rd quarter but Pop... SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The little things can shift momentum in a series. Team started the 2nd half today similar to how they did in Game 3. And almost took home the W. Another playoff run of us questioning Pops decisions and it's costing the team again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about this got punting playoff games, how does it look now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup... now it's a 3 game series... we were down 9 in the 3rd too this game and took it all the way to OT, had a chance to win it in regulation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Media:
    What was the difference between game 6 coming from behind and game 3?
    Kawhi:
    We didn't get subbed out. Pop let us regroup and come back into the game and focus.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for posting sa girl.

Shocked to see media ask this question.

Surely, pops taught himself a lesson here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bumping this thread bc I think it was referenced elsewhere how no one had made a thread about Kawhi calling Pop out.
    Although many fans here had pointed out how Pop panicked and threw away game 3 with 22 minutes to go and only down 9...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very different cir stances... game 3 was the Grizz first playoff home game, they were fired up... even game 6, idk if anyone noticed, but from the jump it was nothing like game 3. Plus, it was coming after Fizales rant. No one knows for sure what Wouldve happened, but literally everything was going right for the Grizz that night.

Memphis had like 2 TO for the game, (had a couple extra in garbage time) and more of our guys looked ready to play last night. We missed like 12 FTs while Grizz went like 18-20..

I appreciate Kawhi saying that, hes a compe or, but there are many other differences between the 2 games

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very different cir stances... game 3 was the Grizz first playoff home game, they were fired up... even game 6, idk if anyone noticed, but from the jump it was nothing like game 3. Plus, it was coming after Fizales rant. No one knows for sure what Wouldve happened, but literally everything was going right for the Grizz that night.

Memphis had like 2 TO for the game, (had a couple extra in garbage time) and more of our guys looked ready to play last night. We missed like 12 FTs while Grizz went like 18-20..

I appreciate Kawhi saying that, hes a compe or, but there are many other differences between the 2 games
    We've swept the grizz a couple times now. It's not different. Kawhi is the Alpha and the Omega right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We can think they are differences but the real issue is how players feel about it.

Manu after that game and Kawhi after last game, talked about that decision. It's clear they think that Pop threw away that game with his subs ution parody

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just bumping this thread bc I think it was referenced elsewhere how no one had made a thread about Kawhi calling Pop out.
    Although many fans here had pointed out how Pop panicked and threw away game 3 with 22 minutes to go and only down 9...
    That was me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Onwards Spurs,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can think they are differences but the real issue is how players feel about it.

Manu after that game and Kawhi after last game, talked about that decision. It's clear they think that Pop threw away that game with his subs ution parody
    It's a good thing they felt slighted. It means they cared, instead of being careless and Pop's ploy ultimately worked. Seems like game 3 fresh in the memory helped stoke the fire in their bellies to finish Memphis in game 6.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it was manufactured adversity from Pop, he saw that we looked like we were sleepwalking and he decided to piss away the game to make things harder on us in the first round. Im sure he figured if we couldnt close these clowns out before game 7 we werent winning jack anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 60 win team who is probably one of the top two teams in the world. Yet, so many are miserable...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't know how to make easy shots for jawhi and Aldridge... They always end up catching the ball at the 3 point line, then trying to make something out of nothing...no sets are run that have Aldridge catching it down low, and tony isn't good enough to run a decent pick and roll/pop because he isn't an offensive threat...kawhi needs to catch the ball in the mid post, and run a pick with LA...third thing they can do is run a curl for kawhi ...he will garner enough attention to where he dumps it to LA or dedmon...and if he doesn't, he eats
    Sign a proper point guard. That will fix all those problems? Kawhi and LA Marcus are great 1 on 1 players bu doesn't bode too well for team ball.

The real answer is to get the ball OUT of Lma and Kawhi's hands and into the hands of a real pass first point guard who can set our two main men up. Imagine JKIDD and stevie Nash diming to Kawhi and LMA. It'd be quite a show. There'd be no one on ones, just crisp ball movemeny where the ball end up in anyone's hands. Chances are in that system then Kawhj and LMA woulk take a similar amount of shots.

ISO BALL would make it hard to win a ring
    2014 BALL we don't really have the team for thag

I'd like to see us sign a real point guard this offseason. Someone like JKIDD or stevie nash, their offenses never stalled and everyone had plenty of touches in the team. Yes i know JKIDDs and Stevie Nash's dont come around very often but we need a pass first point guard who can distribute the ball into a teammates hands based on where he is and hoa position to score, not pass to him because his name is LMA or Kawhi. Juat pass the ball to the righg person and the right time.

No more iso's, get the ball out of LMA and Kawhis hands and try get a JKIDD type PG to help our team into the future. Leave the on court decisions and pass rate distribution rate up to him. Yes yes i know Stevie Nash's and JKIDDS don't grow on trees but we need to somehoe get a pass first PG who can get the ball moving and set Gasol, Aldridge and Leonard up non stop. The iso stuff isnt working well, the team ball isnt workinv as well. Time to sign an awesome floor reading/leading pass first PG who can make the team his own while helping Kawhi LMA Gasol to some pretty gaudy stats. New pass first point guard should be the number 1 priority this offseason

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign a proper point guard. That will fix all those problems? Kawhi and LA Marcus are great 1 on 1 players bu doesn't bode too well for team ball.

The real answer is to get the ball OUT of Lma and Kawhi's hands and into the hands of a real pass first point guard who can set our two main men up. Imagine JKIDD and stevie Nash diming to Kawhi and LMA. It'd be quite a show. There'd be no one on ones, just crisp ball movemeny where the ball end up in anyone's hands. Chances are in that system then Kawhj and LMA woulk take a similar amount of shots.

ISO BALL would make it hard to win a ring
    2014 BALL we don't really have the team for thag

I'd like to see us sign a real point guard this offseason. Someone like JKIDD or stevie nash, their offenses never stalled and everyone had plenty of touches in the team. Yes i know JKIDDs and Stevie Nash's dont come around very often but we need a pass first point guard who can distribute the ball into a teammates hands based on where he is and hoa position to score, not pass to him because his name is LMA or Kawhi. Juat pass the ball to the righg person and the right time.

No more iso's, get the ball out of LMA and Kawhis hands and try get a JKIDD type PG to help our team into the future. Leave the on court decisions and pass rate distribution rate up to him. Yes yes i know Stevie Nash's and JKIDDS don't grow on trees but we need to somehoe get a pass first PG who can get the ball moving and set Gasol, Aldridge and Leonard up non stop. The iso stuff isnt working well, the team ball isnt workinv as well. Time to sign an awesome floor reading/leading pass first PG who can make the team his own while helping Kawhi LMA Gasol to some pretty gaudy stats. New pass first point guard should be the number 1 priority this offseason
    Name a PG that will be available to sign this offseason that's like Kidd or Nash.

Thread Information