Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sign a proper point guard. That will fix all those problems? Kawhi and LA Marcus are great 1 on 1 players bu doesn't bode too well for team ball.

The real answer is to get the ball OUT of Lma and Kawhi's hands and into the hands of a real pass first point guard who can set our two main men up. Imagine JKIDD and stevie Nash diming to Kawhi and LMA. It'd be quite a show. There'd be no one on ones, just crisp ball movemeny where the ball end up in anyone's hands. Chances are in that system then Kawhj and LMA woulk take a similar amount of shots.

ISO BALL would make it hard to win a ring
    2014 BALL we don't really have the team for thag

I'd like to see us sign a real point guard this offseason. Someone like JKIDD or stevie nash, their offenses never stalled and everyone had plenty of touches in the team. Yes i know JKIDDs and Stevie Nash's dont come around very often but we need a pass first point guard who can distribute the ball into a teammates hands based on where he is and hoa position to score, not pass to him because his name is LMA or Kawhi. Juat pass the ball to the righg person and the right time.

No more iso's, get the ball out of LMA and Kawhis hands and try get a JKIDD type PG to help our team into the future. Leave the on court decisions and pass rate distribution rate up to him. Yes yes i know Stevie Nash's and JKIDDS don't grow on trees but we need to somehoe get a pass first PG who can get the ball moving and set Gasol, Aldridge and Leonard up non stop. The iso stuff isnt working well, the team ball isnt workinv as well. Time to sign an awesome floor reading/leading pass first PG who can make the team his own while helping Kawhi LMA Gasol to some pretty gaudy stats. New pass first point guard should be the number 1 priority this offseason
    Getting the ball out of you best players hands doesn't seem like a good idea. Spurs had plenty of success giving prime Timmy the ball all the time on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting the ball out of you best players hands doesn't seem like a good idea. Spurs had plenty of success giving prime Timmy the ball all the time on offense.
    "your best player" almost never equals "prime Timmy".

Tim didn't bring the ball up the court. He got into his spot with the defender on his back, then he called for the ball. KL needs the ball up top but he doesn't need to point forward the ball up the court. The Spurs offense seems sometimes too geared toward going away from KL instead of going toward him. I think that's because the other team's best defender is often on KL, so KL is pulling him to the corner so Tony can operate, but it looks bad when KL just nailed a 3 and doesn't touch the ball again for 4 or 5 trips down the floor.

Thread Information