Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this 5'10 dude is underrated because he's never one to chase counting stats...But my God..The level of decision making he showed tonight and in the last couple games is unrivaled in the NBA.

I think only Lebron is at this same level of dominance. The Stats aren't eye pooping but its pretty darn clear Paul knows orchestrsting an offense is all about creating an offensive flow.

The decisions he made in the third and the fourth...

He was getting open shots for himself, his teamates, and if he wasnt assisting, he was dictating the flow of the offense as base.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best pure PG tbh

Vanilla Griffin and DeMonkey wouldn't average more than 5 ppg without him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Using mids logic of scoring..Paul is easily the second best Scoring PG..not saying I agree.

Its just crazy how a 5'11 dude is posting up a 6'3 Guard and making buckets surrounded by bigs and Guards chasing his ass.

Unbelievable.

His level of dominance in the pick and roll is unrivaled

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Using mids logic of scoring..Paul is easily the second best Scoring PG..not saying I agree.

Its just crazy how a 5'11 dude is posting up a 6'3 Guard and making buckets surrounded by bigs and Guards chasing his ass.

Unbelievable.

His level of dominance in the pick and roll is unrivaled
    Curry is overrated. I've thought a lot about this, and I see why basketball fans once thought the 3 point shot was a silly gimmick. It took 40 years, but we're finally seeing the blowback. So I ask myself: How would this player fare without the 3 pointer? Chris Paul would still dominate. Curry, not so much.

Someone will argue I'm just butthurt that the Spurs don't play like the Warriors, Rockets, etc, so I'm lashing out. No. I WANT the Spurs to play like those teams, because I understand how effective the style is, and they ain't moving the 3 pointer back anytime soon, so might as well get on board. Doesn't change the fact the 3 pointer is broken from a design point, though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP's way of downing Lebron's johnson, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is overrated. I've thought a lot about this, and I see why basketball fans once thought the 3 point shot was a silly gimmick. It took 40 years, but we're finally seeing the blowback. So I ask myself: How would this player fare without the 3 pointer? Chris Paul would still dominate. Curry, not so much.

Someone will argue I'm just butthurt that the Spurs don't play like the Warriors, Rockets, etc, so I'm lashing out. No. I WANT the Spurs to play like those teams, because I understand how effective the style is, and they ain't moving the 3 pointer back anytime soon, so might as well get on board. Doesn't change the fact the 3 pointer is broken from a design point, though.
    Pistol Pete > Stephen Curry
    John Stockton > Chris Paul

"The man was just born into the wrong era." / #7 A Man Before His Time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White American 60's players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CN will continue to scapegoat him to semen shield ginger tranny

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The Chris Paul of these last two games - the one that looks for his shot early and plays aggressively all game - s all over Stephanie.

Unfortunately, there's still too many games like Game 1 where Choke Paul shows up, afraid to shoot for most (or sometimes all) of the game and expecting scrubs like Jamal to bail him out. That version of Paul isn't even elite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is more a SG in my book. Looks for his long 3 first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Chris Paul of these last two games - the one that looks for his shot early and plays aggressively all game - s all over Stephanie.

Unfortunately, there's still too many games like Game 1 where Choke Paul shows up, afraid to shoot for most (or sometimes all) of the game and expecting scrubs like Jamal to bail him out. That version of Paul isn't even elite.
    Is there any explanation for it? He's always seemed capable enough to be an elite or at least very capable scorer, but is usually passive. Is he too busy trying to pad assist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any explanation for it? He's always seemed capable enough to be an elite or at least very capable scorer, but is usually passive. Is he too busy trying to pad assist?
    It's called "being an actual point guard and distributing the rock." New-age PGs should try it sometime.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP's past his prime. He has to pick his spots. Domination is not an option.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The excuse is that he's "trying to make his teammates better." But his teammates have said countless times that they want him to be aggressive and that they play better when he's aggressive.

IMO, it's a mental thing. I think CP3 psychs himself out before big playoff games and convinces himself that he's not going to win. So by deferring to scrubs like Jamal, he's giving himself excuses and scapegoats for what he sees as an inevitable loss.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've always loved watching Paul play. Always been the best decision maker in the NBA outside of LeBron. Rarely makes a bad play but the Clippers do have a lot of late game gaffes/collapses in the Chris Paul era. I don't watch them enough so I don't know if it's just due to the fact that he's surrounded by knuckleheads (Crawford, Jordan, Griffin) or something else because it seems like he's a clutch player. He never complains either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issue is that CP3 is a ball dominant player and once the opposition is good enough to force th ball out of his hands, he's useless and his teams do not have the necessary backup plan to create any type of offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Paul's compe iveness, understanding of the game, passing and vision, but as the narrative goes, pass first PGs will never lead a team all the way. Regardless, Paul is probably a top 20 player all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    u know his good when on 2 broken legs he feasted on porker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Issue is that CP3 is a ball dominant player and once the opposition is good enough to force th ball out of his hands, he's useless and his teams do not have the necessary backup plan to create any type of offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is a great player, but since 2000 only two western conference teams have not reached the Conference Finals once ... its New Orleans and the Clips ... go figure

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The excuse is that he's "trying to make his teammates better." But his teammates have said countless times that they want him to be aggressive and that they play better when he's aggressive.

IMO, it's a mental thing. I think CP3 psychs himself out before big playoff games and convinces himself that he's not going to win. So by deferring to scrubs like Jamal, he's giving himself excuses and scapegoats for what he sees as an inevitable loss.
    Same thing happened when he was for the Hornets. He was too passive in that Game 7 loss against the Spurs where he deferred to Jannero Pargo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so basically just "doc river's ball movement sucks". when was the last time this dude had to create offense from nothing?

with the magic he had t-mac and grant hill for the most part

with the celtics he had payton and pierce then allen/rondo/pierce, then allen/rondo/pierce/garnett

with the clippers he's had cp3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Harden

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CP0 in that Dub offense would be off the chain.

Thread Information