Page 104 of 376 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 9382
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

32 but last season:
    -had the 2nd best assist to turnover ratio
    -tied for 1st in steals
    -also...

concern over his age is overblown. spurs missed out badly.
    Didn't say he wasn't still a great player, but he's going to receive a super max deal..Spurs would be paying him 30+ per year while he's 35-37 they'll be losing to the Warriors and have nothing to look forward to..

Now, if they ultimately sign some other old players to long-term deals and actually allow Parker to play until he's 40, then I'll agree with you hopefully they aren't thinking this way, though..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can get hill for around 20 to 23 million a year I'm okay with it. If higher, look elsewhere
    That's so much money though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs weren't going to have CP3 on the books if it meant having Parker and his $15 million as well. The team wasn't going to carry $50 million a year at the point guard position. If you truly believed the Spurs aren't going to trade Parker and his contract, then the Spurs making a run at CP3 wasn't a realistic option seeing that a big percentage of the cap was going to be tied up at one position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Gibson will make at least 12 mill a year. He's coveted.
    If that's it, it's very possible. Roughly calculating, moving LMA and Green gets $55 Million in cap space. $12M for Taj, $31M for Gordon and $11M for Pau. Would leave enough for Simmons' hold and plenty under the tax for his Arenas offer.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    CP to HOU is a great move esp if it gets Harden off the ball. Money longer term aside HOU is stacked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that's it, it's very possible. Roughly calculating, moving LMA and Green gets $55 Million in cap space. $12M for Taj, $31M for Gordon and $11M for Pau. Would leave enough for Simmons' hold and plenty under the tax for his Arenas offer.
    If you can't get Hayward - which is HIGHLY unlikely - then they're not better off with Gibson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, if the spurs could pull that off...but i still think gordon winds up in beantown with PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with the cap being lower than projected and PGs being a dime a dozen in todays NBA, i'm not so sure teams will be lining up to give Hill the max, spurs may be able to get him on a "cheap" deal, or at least a little less than a max for him
    I think this is an important point. there are more quality PG's looking for a home than there are teams looking for a PG. Patience could very well pay off there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I hope this happens. Sign me up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

32 but last season:
    -had the 2nd best assist to turnover ratio
    -tied for 1st in steals
    -also...

concern over his age is overblown. spurs missed out badly.
    How many sure all-star level years you give him, before drastic decline ? 3 at best, Houston is paying 220 mil for that. Spurs weren't going to do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can't get Hayward - which is HIGHLY unlikely - then they're not better off with Gibson.
    All right. I dunno if Hayward would come to the Spurs or not. I was just saying that he and Gibson could work along with re-signing Pau

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, pretty sure Stern would nix this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for them. At least they're trying to compete and not throwing seasons away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's so much money though.
    It is. All contracts are now crazy. I don't really like it but it is what it is.

In my mind his production is worth 15 to 17 million. But the market will dictate much more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ROCKETS GAVE UP TOO MUCH!

Oops. Forgot the blue font.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should be transitioning, anyways..they should be taking fliers on young players and getting assets in return for win-now players like Aldridge and DG..nobody is near the Warriors, right now, take the next year or 2 to retool, rather than blowing your future on ancient players like Chris Paul and Millsap(they'll still win 50+, regardless, by just having Kawhi and Pop)
    I don't get this "it's ok to stand pat cause we'll win 50 anyway" mentality. that. If they going to retool tank the out of the Season tbh. What's the difference in winning 49 to 50 if you're out of the 'Ship contention regardless? To keep alive a stupid record?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get this "it's ok to stand pat cause we'll win 50 anyway" mentality. that. If they going to retool tank the out of the Season tbh. What's the difference in winning 49 to 50 if you're out of the 'Ship contention regardless? To keep alive a stupid record?
    Kawhi is way too good to tank, tbh..he's a top 3 player in the league and can carry a team to 50 all by himself..combine that with Pop coaching his last few years before retirement and they would never tank..

Realistically, Spurs would never actually commit to my ideal plan of re-tooling..they're trying to win now, clearly..with the centerpieces of the franchise(Pop and Parker) nearing the end, Manu and Gasol potentially returning and Kawhi in his prime, they'll try to win immediately by signing George Hill or somebody of that nature..

Hill might be ideal for them(I don't want him, personally) because he can slide over to the 2 and keep Parker's seat warm, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is way too good to tank, tbh..he's a top 3 player in the league and can carry a team to 50 all by himself..combine that with Pop coaching his last few years before retirement and they would never tank..

Realistically, Spurs would never actually commit to my ideal plan of re-tooling..they're trying to win now, clearly..with the centerpieces of the franchise(Pop and Parker) nearing the end, Manu and Gasol potentially returning and Kawhi in his prime, they'll try to win immediately by signing George Hill or somebody of that nature..
    Signing GH doesn't help you win now, imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Signing GH doesn't help you win now, imo.
    I'm not a fan, but he's at his peak, right now, he's familiar with the organization and he can play next to Parker..seems perfect for what Pop and Buford are looking for..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan, but he's at his peak, right now, he's familiar with the organization and he can play next to Parker..seems perfect for what Pop and Buford are looking for..
    He's injury prone now, eats up all your cap, and playing next to an old guy who just had a horrible injury doesn't sound great at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of those is not like the other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things are lining up perfectly for the Spurs.

JJ Re ? (Nobody seems to mention him.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things are lining up perfectly for the Spurs.

JJ Re ? (Nobody seems to mention him.)
    Because he's 33, on the decline and wants to get paid.

Thread Information