Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep lee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee will more than likely opt in for next year.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lee will more than likely opt in for next year.
    I believe so too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will in July, if players are renounced and both teams are under the cap. IIRC

Right now it won't work, as the incoming aggregate Gasol salary to the Grizzlies exceeds what's allowed via the 125% plus 100,000 rule. Both teams are currently over the cap.
    Don't really think that they would renounce Randolph, Green, and Allen just to get Pau.

Maybe Randolph, but the cap holds in Green and Allen take them over the cap I think

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expected after a stinker of playoffs .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't really think that they would renounce Randolph, Green, and Allen just to get Pau.

Maybe Randolph, but the cap holds in Green and Allen take them over the cap I think
    Randolph is the biggest hold. They'd have to renounce him & VC. Greens hold is barely anything. I can see them valuing Pau over Randolph. As for VC, If he wants to stay, he can pull a Manu and agree to get renounced but have a handshake deal under the table to re-sign after the fact.

Anyway, regardless Spurs won't have problems dumping Pau, if Spurs get a free agent they want, they'll be able to move Pau's 1 year deal pretty easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see a situation where Spurs do Gasol a solid and trade him to Memphis to finish his career where it all started and to play with his brother.

Whether if its Gasol to Memphis for a conditional second (if they can open up space to soak up Gasol). Or trade for Brandan Wright straight up. Spurs would net 11 million in space in the deal instead of 16, but they'd also get a Dedmon replacement for next year without committing 3-4 years.
    Great idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs target another PF/C, that player needs to be a good passer.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Trade Aldridge to Boston for Avery Bradley. Makes sense for both teams. Celtics get a starting PF that isn't Amir Johnson and Gerald Green, make playing time room for Fultz, and get something in return for their guard on an expiring contract. Spurs free up around $10M and get a perfect fit for us.

2. Trade Danny Green for a 1st round pick to free up his $10M due for next season.

3. Get Manu's huge cap hold out of the way. Sign him for the vet min or get rid of him. Doesn't matter

4. Max out CP3.

Spurs go into next year with a Starting lineup consisting of Gasol, Anderson, Leonard, Bradley, and CP3. On paper that lineup matches great defensively against Golden state, which should be the only objective from now on. Going into the 2018 offseason with Parker and Gasol's combined $30M off the books is a win as well.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres Cavs have no answer for Boston's Horford/Brown/Bradley/Smart/Rozier lineup (1C, 3G's, 1PG)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MaNu4Tres Cavs have no answer for Boston's Horford/Brown/Bradley/Smart/Rozier lineup (1C, 3G's, 1PG)
    That's the way you have to go to beat the best teams.

That's why last offseason I was so against Gasol. I wanted Harkless and to go small w/ LA - Harkless - Kawhi - Green. Hopefully Spurs can smell the roses and transition this summer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's the way you have to go to beat the best teams.

That's why last offseason I was so against Gasol. I wanted Harkless and to go small w/ LA - Harkless - Kawhi - Green. Hopefully Spurs can smell the roses and transition this summer.
    Really you dont even need a center. Especially out west. Spurs lineup should have been, murray manu, green/simmons, anderson, bertans. Guys who can pass, run, shoot three, and play defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Trade Aldridge to Boston for Avery Bradley. Makes sense for both teams. Celtics get a starting PF that isn't Amir Johnson and Gerald Green, make playing time room for Fultz, and get something in return for their guard on an expiring contract. Spurs free up around $10M and get a perfect fit for us.

2. Trade Danny Green for a 1st round pick to free up his $10M due for next season.

3. Get Manu's huge cap hold out of the way. Sign him for the vet min or get rid of him. Doesn't matter

4. Max out CP3.

Spurs go into next year with a Starting lineup consisting of Gasol, Anderson, Leonard, Bradley, and CP3. On paper that lineup matches great defensively against Golden state, which should be the only objective from now on. Going into the 2018 offseason with Parker and Gasol's combined $30M off the books is a win as well.
    Some tweeks:

1. Trade LMA to PHX for Bender, Dudley's contract, picks #32 and 54. Shave 6 million and get a young big on Kawhi/Murrays timeline for future.

2. Trade Danny to ATL for Dunlevy's expiring deal (team option) and #19. Shave 10 million after not picking up Dunleveys deal.

3. Have Pau opt out and resign for 30/3yrs , with deal starting at 9M. Shave another 7 million while keeping starting Center.

4. Deal with Manu cap hold

5. Use 19, 29, 32 to find wing help in draft or via trade to replace Danny.

6. Max out Paul

Run with:

CP3/Hobbled TP/Pick
    Murray/Pick/Forbes
    Leonard/Hanga/Dudley
    Bender/Bertans/Kyle
    Gasol/Mulitinov

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs a threat to take Gordon Hayward from Utah Jazz?

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/23...ard-utah-jazz/

Just little beads of sweat from Fans thinking about Hayward going to the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs a threat to take Gordon Hayward from Utah Jazz?

http://purpleandblues.com/2017/05/23...ard-utah-jazz/

Just little beads of sweat from Fans thinking about Hayward going to the Spurs.
    Since PHX is so under the Cap, can they just essentially take LMA into space?

If so, three way deal:

Utah S&T Hayword to Spurs

Spurs trade LMA to PHX

PHX sends 32 and Spurs 29 to Jazz for their troubles (they would have netted nothing had Hayword just walked)

Hayword and Leonard together would be awesome to go with Murray. Better than adding CP3 for 5 years I think.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If so, three way deal:

Spurs trade LMA to PHX

PHX sends 32 and Spurs 29 to Jazz for their troubles (they would have netted nothing had Hayword just walked)

Hayword and Leonard together would be awesome to go with Murray. Better than adding CP3 for 5 years I think.
    I would think we could get bender out of that exchange as well. From phx's perspective they give up bender and a late pick for Aldridge. ...not bad for them..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If so, three way deal:

Spurs trade LMA to PHX

Man that would be so awesome, you could get away with playing Leonard at the 4 because that's today's NBA (or trade DG if you want to go conventional I guess).

Murray
    Green
    Hayward
    Leonard
    *whoever*

and all of them except DG under 30.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If so, three way deal:

Spurs trade LMA to PHX

How did Hayward play against the Warriors? What were his stats?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- Jrue Holiday
    2- Green
    3 - Kawhi
    4- Kyle
    5- LA

1- Murray/ Forbes/ TP***?
    2- Hanga / Diallo ( Buy early 2nd - ATX Spurs)
    3- Simmons/ Sefolosha ( vet min)
    4- Bertans/ Lee
    5- Jordan Bell ( 29th pick)/ Withey/ Militunov?***

TP has trouble coming back/ retires
    Pau is salary dumped
    Patty signs in NY or Philly
    Dedmon signs elsewhere

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1- Murray
    2- Green
    3 - Hayward
    4- Kawhi
    5- LA

1- Simmons/ Mack/ TP??**
    2- Hanga/Forbes
    3- Bertans/ Sefolosha
    4- Kyle / Lee
    5- Jordan Bell ( 29th pick)/ Withey

TP has trouble coming back/ retires
    Pau is salary dumped
    Patty signs in NY or Philly
    Dedmon signs elsewhere

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pro tip: if you have Kyle as a starter or sixth man your plan sucks. He's just not quick enough in today's NBA to matter in the postseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pro tip: if you have Kyle as a starter or sixth man your plan sucks. He's just not quick enough in today's NBA to matter in the postseason.
    Good to know. Great takes as always.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Elite poster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should have no problem dumping Pau to land a FA they love even if it cost them their first rounder this year (worst case)

If the Spurs are half as good at drafting talent as the legend says, then losing this year's first round pick is a freaking disaster. Paying Pau for a year is a one-year inconvenience. What FA could they love that much, who has a legit chance of coming here? CP3, D-Wade, Hayward? Maybe. But that's pretty much the short list. Anyone else either isn't coming here, or isn't worth giving up Pau plus the first round pick.

You and I disagreed about rebuilding this past season. We'll never know, because of Tony and Kawhi both getting injured. But now, mortgaging the future to try and to a rebuild-in-place with this many holes and this many bad contracts? It's just not smart. It's a matter of "wasting" one year of Kawhi's prime vs. wasting multiple years.

The only exception to that I can see is if one or two vets decide to take a Spurs-friendly deal to allow them to fill out the roster. There's no way of planning for something like that to happen.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to know. Great takes as always.
    Fathead starter.

Thread Information