Page 210 of 376 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 5,226 to 5,250 of 9382
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, at the end of the day, SA was good last year. Really good. If SA brings back the same team basically but loses Dedmon, Lee & Parker but adds: White, Blossomgame, Murray as the starter plus Hanga/Multinov another wing and big that are more 3/d types?

I would think that is a damn solid but subtle off season.

CJ Miles + Festus or something like that + the same team as last year + Murray now starting?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a chance to 3-peat barring injury. Klays contract is up the same time as Kawhi's. Would be nice to steal him since they wont have cap room unless Durant leaves after his two years is up or takes even less then.
    KD should be taking his 4 year deal next year it seems. 4 years / 160M

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow - KD taking a major discount:

"The 10-year deal with Nike has the potential to reach $300 million and includes a $50 million retirement package, two people familiar with the terms of the deal told USA TODAY Sports."

hero

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The 10-year deal with Nike has the potential to reach $300 million and includes a $50 million retirement package, two people familiar with the terms of the deal told USA TODAY Sports."

hero
    Nike desperate to be relevant again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree 100% and I'm fine with giving the keys to Murray. However, I view Hill as a combo guard and maybe Danny replacement in certain lineups in place of Mills.

I think the Spurs know they have to not go crazy with PG since Murray is there, but that means they have to make talent strides elsewhere.
    Do you view Murray as a Combo guard?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hero
    The servant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm serious maaan! This is getting wack as !! being a compe or anymore... These s with that can't beat'em, join"em mindset.. in teams an owner's 200 million over the cap tryna get the easiest road to a le. Paying these players millions to be pussy s. Dike ass Melo Anthony saying he'll take a buyout to join Cavs or Rockets.. You gonna pay this to leave to coat tail his way to a chance at a ring!?! Couldn't be me... I'd be like NAAAW ! Your punkass can void your contract an go join your friends, or you can sit you punkass at the end of that bench an off your next contract endorsements.
    You're right, but I kind of like the underdog role. The best fits for that are the Spurs, because you can never count them out and Boston, who's always lurking with a great coach and the fact that they always have assets to add talent.

I think the Spurs feel a little bit like Patrick Swayze and Red Dawn right about now and I actually like that feeling.
    I have a weird premonition that Murray feels the same "Us against the world" mentality and he's gearing up to work with his mentor Kawhi.

I think he shows Pop something and he gets the start at the beginning of the year, and he will take hold.
    Peeps be saying "when Tony comes back the minutes are gone"
    Bull .
    Pop will go conservative on him as much as the talent he has is producing.
    If Murray took this team over, he took this team over.

Of course, I write goofball for a living and take everything I say with a pound of salt, but...

BUT...

I may just be right. I got myself this far...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you view Murray as a Combo guard?
    I think it's possible, but I do think he should be developed as a PG if possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, at the end of the day, SA was good last year. Really good. If SA brings back the same team basically but loses Deadmon, Lee & Parker but adds: White, Blossomgame, Murray as the starter plus Hanga/Multinov another wing and big that are more 3/d types?

I would think that is a damn solid but subtle off season.

CJ Miles + Festus or something like that + the same team as last year + Murray now starting?
    Exactly. Maybe the Spurs overplay their hand with the current team as built, but honestly there was no home run free agency scenario to be had this year. With the Warriros staring down the league its hard to fault them for sticking with what got them to a place capable of stealing a few games from the warriors in a series when there's nothing available that obviously puts them over the top. Also, injuries happen. Right now GSW looks unbeatable but happens throughout the year so I'd rather they be risk averse.

It makes for a boring offseason but its par for the course for PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Maybe the Spurs overplay their hand with the current team as built, but honestly there was no home run free agency scenario to be had this year. With the Warriros staring down the league its hard to fault them for sticking with what got them to a place capable of stealing a few games from the warriors in a series when there's nothing available that obviously puts them over the top. Also, injuries happen. Right now GSW looks unbeatable but happens throughout the year so I'd rather they be risk averse.

It makes for a boring offseason but its par for the course for PATFO.
    And with watching how this FA market dried up so quickly for free agents and how few teams moving forward have reasonable paths to cap space, 2018 could be a great way to add some pieces that you maybe like better with less compe ion. That aspect coming into play has shed more light on that type of strategy to me.

But please, for the love of all things good, do not give Pau multiple years unless it's with a really low annual number like (3 years 24M).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on board with trading away LMA for pretty much nothing a week ago but now I've come around to the view that he will be here next year. I'm really hoping for small ball all year long. LMA might not be half bad as a small ball 5. We'll see what Pop can pull off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And with watching how this FA market dried up so quickly for free agents and how few teams moving forward have reasonable paths to cap space, 2018 could be a great way to add some pieces that you maybe like better with less compe ion. That aspect coming into play has shed more light on that type of strategy to me.

But please, for the love of all things good, do not give Pau multiple years unless it's with a really low annual number like (3 years 24M).
    At this point I'd rather they just resign him to a one year deal if we have to keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I'd rather they just resign him to a one year deal if we have to keep him.
    Oh I agree 100% but having depth up front (especailly with LMA maybe being gone) is not a terrible idea especially if it is a solid low deal (8M is like 9th man level money).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I tell you what: this is an eye-opening experience for FA's from those couple of Halcyon days of ridiculous expansion of the cap.
    They are gone and agents will now tell them- Set them sights lower, bud. You ain't getting what you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was on board with trading away LMA for pretty much nothing a week ago but now I've come around to the view that he will be here next year. I'm really hoping for small ball all year long. LMA might not be half bad as a small ball 5. We'll see what Pop can pull off.
    Imagine:

Murray (if he takes the next step), Danny, CJ Miles, Kawhi & LMA

Or

Murray, Danny, Simmons, Kawhi, LMA

Or

Simmons, Danny, Kawhi, Bertans LMA

Or

You get the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tell you what: this is an eye-opening experience for FA's from those couple of Halcyon days of ridiculous expansion of the cap.
    They are gone and agents will now tell them- Set them sights lower, bud. You ain't getting what you want.
    Agents are learning also, although, if I was their client- I would have asked them how up-to-date are they on current situations. I do with mine and we ain't even near as volatile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well last year was a gross over reaction from teams during a cap e and not really being honest with where they were at. There are ramifications now (look at POR for example).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right, but I kind of like the underdog role. The best fits for that are the Spurs, because you can never count them out and Boston, who's always lurking with a great coach and the fact that they always have assets to add talent.

I think the Spurs feel a little bit like Patrick Swayze and Red Dawn right about now and I actually like that feeling.
    I have a weird premonition that Murray feels the same "Us against the world" mentality and he's gearing up to work with his mentor Kawhi.

I think he shows Pop something and he gets the start at the beginning of the year, and he will take hold.
    Peeps be saying "when Tony comes back the minutes are gone"
    Bull .
    Pop will go conservative on him as much as the talent he has is producing.
    If Murray took this team over, he took this team over.

Of course, I write goofball for a living and take everything I say with a pound of salt, but...

BUT...

I may just be right. I got myself this far...
    I like what you're saying, but ultimately the Wolverines lost in the end because they were outmanned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to believe that the offense this year was an anamoly. I think the Spurs expected Pau to just slide into the Duncan role and that never happened. Kawhi emerged as an unstoppable force so they just rode that since they could never get anything else to properly work. If they can develop a system this year that properly works with Kawhi and can maximize the other players then we could see some marked improvement on that end. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but we should see improvement out of several players like Bertans, Murray, and maybe Simmons if the playoffs weren't fools gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like what you're saying, but ultimately the Wolverines lost in the end because they were outmanned.
    You dirty so-and-so...
    Let me have sweet dreams!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look at the supposed guard rotation now from a defensive potential perspective:

Murray - not a great defender, but obviously has the physical tools and can learn.

Danny - all nba level defender and stud

Hanga - question mark but his game is defensive

Simmons - made tremendous strides on defense.

White - was decent in college defensively - question mark at nba level, but obviously should have some defenseive tools.

We also have Mills/Forbes/Tony who no longer play defense well, but at least they can shoot. However, SA has a lot more defensive guards now than before.

Then at the wing position with Simmons/Danny/Kawhi/Blossomgame and then hopefully a wing like Casspi or CJ Miles, that could look damn good.

Losing Dedmon hurts the defense, but hopefully that can be addressed as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well last year was a gross over reaction from teams during a cap e and not really being honest with where they were at. There are ramifications now (look at POR for example).
    Yessir. I honestly believe NBA agents have the hardest jobs, in the biz, right about now.
    Things have been fluctuating so much and certain clients will certainly have certain expectations and then failure happens- because the climate changed.
    Just look at Georgie...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dirty so-and-so...
    Let me have sweet dreams!
    Sorry...now had you said Patrick Swayze in Road House....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say this, I was on board with the draft assuming we were making moves like trading Green. Now, if we retain Green and Simmons (which I hope we do) then that pick looks worse and worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want to believe that the offense this year was an anamoly. I think the Spurs expected Pau to just slide into the Duncan role and that never happened. Kawhi emerged as an unstoppable force so they just rode that since they could never get anything else to properly work. If they can develop a system this year that properly works with Kawhi and can maximize the other players then we could see some marked improvement on that end. Maybe this is wishful thinking, but we should see improvement out of several players like Bertans, Murray, and maybe Simmons if the playoffs weren't fools gold.
    Pau did great. His 3PT shooting was a major plus. The issue was LMA was not shooting well (which kills a lot of things) we had no guard that could penetrate (mills and TP were the only ones getting minutes and neither could do it).

Hopefully Murray solves that issue with the penetration. Hopefully LMA with a good off season in a contract year solves the other.

Get another wing shooter to pair with Danny, Simmons, Mills and SA could be in good shape. Hopefully Pop adjust the offense for LMA as well and gets him more in the Tiago mold (screen, then dive) with the ability to pull up unlike Tiago and that helps too.

Thread Information