Page 3 of 376 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, 2014 was a VERY different team and those guys were on a mission after what happened in 2013. We need to stop comparing that year and the possible similarities that we could have with this season. Not near the same cir stances, not near the same team's structure.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Parker is not getting traded. Stop it.
    spurs would trade him to get cp3 imo.

for less than that i mostly agree with you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would use our two trade pieces this offseason. Lamarcus Aldridge and Danny Green. This team needs new blood. Trade LA to Phoenix and see if we can get Marquis Chriss or Alex Len back in the trade.
    Then see if we can trade Green to Orlando and get their first round pick and Hezonja back.
    Then in free agency bring in either Kentavious Caldwell-Pope or Tyreke Evans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep kawhi and Parker you trade all the rest tbh... except those two the rest is a massive disappointment those POs tbh...

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You keep kawhi and Parker you trade all the rest tbh... except those two the rest is a massive disappointment those POs tbh...

no, you don't keep parker.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. Also Manure can go play in Philly (really doubt Brett Brown would even offer the vet min at this point....)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

no, you don't keep parker.
    oh look the idiot village who cannot refrain himself talking about Parker

must suck for you...basically except Parker and kawhi all the rest is playing worst than RS so yeah you keep kawhi and parkr for the reliable vet off the bench and trade what you can starting by mills and fathead

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

must suck for you...basically except Parker and kawhi all the rest is playing worst than RS so yeah you keep kawhi and parkr for the reliable vet off the bench and trade what you can starting by mills and fathead
    Porker has played ok. Certainly not even good as 2014 POS porker yet. He is liable to go 2-7 tomorrow.

Mills hasn't lost us any games got.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And we all know porker has a durability issue. I wouldn't expect him to be part of any core for the Spurs going forward. We're getting past the grizz and I expect porker to flame out and get bailed out like his usual self.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is that the "idiot village" or village idiot"? hmmm...someone doesn't look to smart trying to call someone else an idiot.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

umm... i've never been kyle fan. see the thread i posted about tony.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would use our two trade pieces this offseason. Lamarcus Aldridge and Danny Green. This team needs new blood. Trade LA to Phoenix and see if we can get Marquis Chriss or Alex Len back in the trade.
    Then see if we can trade Green to Orlando and get their first round pick and Hezonja back.
    Then in free agency bring in either Kentavious Caldwell-Pope or Tyreke Evans.
    You really are trying to turn this into a lottery team but as long as Kawhi is around they're at least an 8 seed. You don't trade LA or Green for pennies on the dollar. Just because Len and Hezonja were drafted high doesn't mean they should have been.

KCP is a restricted FA so unlikely unless you go crazy with the offer (and how are you going to have cap space to make the offer)? Evans will never play for the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really are trying to turn this into a lottery team but as long as Kawhi is around they're at least an 8 seed. You don't trade LA or Green for pennies on the dollar. Just because Len and Hezonja were drafted high doesn't mean they should have been.

KCP is a restricted FA so unlikely unless you go crazy with the offer (and how are you going to have cap space to make the offer)? Evans will never play for the Spurs.
    Well I guess that is your opinion. I'm obviously not as high on LA and Green as you are.
    Last edited by palangi; 04-23-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs shouldn't just try to keep the boat afloat by applying temporary old band aids.

I said it last off-season, they need to start making moves towards the Warriors on a timeline that is 2-3 years out. There's no moves Spurs can make that can put them as equals to the Warriors for next year. There were none last summer either. That's why I didn't want to utilize the resources they did have on Gasol. They need to start building a young versatile/athletic roster to grow with Kawhi. Use resources to attain as many young two-way players as possible who are not defensive liabilities.

The next 3 years belong to Warriors, but if Spurs can build up to where they hit their peak while Warriors' level of play inevitably descends, Spurs may be right there again as Kawhi hits 28-30 years old. Kawhi's game should age well and Spurs should still win 50+ games going this route instead of the route they went last summer. It's time for change.

By no means does this mean, I"m suggesting they blow it up and be a lottery team. Spurs can still easily be a 50 win team going through this 2-3 year process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spending 14 million on Manu was stupid should have let him be a sixer

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- It's going to be extremely difficult to convince the Suns to give up Bledsoe so they can get Aldridge. What direction are they trying to take? There's better three-team deals out there that can give them a valuable expeiring. Plus, their terrible. The only way I can see the suns trading for Aldridge is if they're delusional enough to think they have a shot at the 8th seed. What I am confident with is, they're going to try to desperatlt trade Bledsoe and Knight..so who knows.

- The Wovles deal presented is realistic, but the spurs are going to be worse next season. I very much doubt the PATFO would make a move that makes their team even worse.
    Again, if the Suns stay in the top 2 and end up with Fultz or Ball, thereby making Bledsoe expendable. Here's why they'd potentially have interest . . .

I think it is possible only because bad GMs who know their jobs are on the line make dumb "win-now" moves to try and save their jobs, like when Hennigan traded for Ibaka and blew money on Biyombo and Green. McDunnough is in the same same boat now, and Sarver is missing that playoff money.
    Also, they were close with Aldridge 2 years ago, so they probably feel there's a good chance he'd re-sign and they've got to be realistic: they've been terrible from '11 on and no one with as much or more cache as Aldridge is signing with them.

As far as the Timberwolves deal and how much worse the Spurs would be next season, it would obviously depend mostly on how much the draft pick(s) are able to contribute, but I actually think it would hurt more in the regular season than playoffs. That team would probably win 50 instead of 60, but it's pretty obvious that this team would have struggled with any of the bottom four playoff seeds in the West anyway.

-The Idea of Trading Rubio has floated around in Minnesota for a few months now. I think, there's potential negotiation for a Bledsoe-Rubio-Aldridge deal that gives the Suns the Wolves 2nd round pick. Or best, if The wolves somehow end up with a top 3 pick that they can swap with the Suns to get Aldridge in a three way trade.

- I think its comical to get rid of Rubio and hand the PG reigns to lavine, but Rubio has been in trade rumors for a while now and he's been super up and down.

- The Suns are looking for a more Pass PG first. Maybe they're convinced wit Booker. If so, Blessoe would have to go.
    Rubio will be traded sooner than later and despite his terrible rookie season, the reigns will be handed to Dunn, with Jones backing him up. LaVine is strictly a shooting guard.

Not a chance the Suns move Booker to point guard. They purposely tanked for top 2 odds and should the lottery balls bounce their way, they will select either Fultz or Ball, with Ulis backing whichever up.

According to a rumor from a few weeks ago, the Pistons suspect the Nets might offer Cadlwell-Pope the max and are prepared to match it.

Why so definitive on Evans? Not saying it'll happen, but he doesn't strike me as not Spurs material and would fill an obvious need.
    Last edited by TD 21; 04-24-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, if the Suns stay in the top 2 and end up with Fultz or Ball, thereby making Bledsoe expendable. Here's why they'd potentially have interest . . .

Also, they were close with Aldridge 2 years ago, so they probably feel there's a good chance he'd re-sign and they've got to be realistic: they've been terrible from '11 on and no one with as much or more cache as Aldridge is signing with them.

As far as the Timberwolves deal and how much worse the Spurs would be next season, it would obviously depend mostly on how much the draft pick(s) are able to contribute, but I actually think it would hurt more in the regular season than playoffs. That team would probably win 50 instead of 60, but it's pretty obvious that this team would have struggled with any of the bottom four playoff seeds in the West anyway.
    I can definitely see PHX in the cards as a potential trade partner. Esp if Suns get a top 2 pick, as you said. Sarver is desperate, LA loves PHX. I can def see him signing there long term. PIf that's the case, I'd try to find a third team like Sacramento or maybe New York ( both are desperate for a PG).

LA to PHX
    Bledsoe to SAC
    WCS, Afflalo ( Spurs can opt out his team option and have 12 million to work with in FA), the 8th pick of the draft, and a top 10 protected future 1st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can definitely see PHX in the cards as a potential trade partner. Esp if Suns get a top 2 pick, as you said. Sarver is desperate, LA loves PHX. I can def see him signing there long term. PIf that's the case, I'd try to find a third team like Sacramento or maybe New York ( both are desperate for a PG).

LA to PHX
    Bledsoe to SAC
    WCS, Afflalo ( Spurs can opt out his team option and have 12 million to work with in FA), the 8th pick of the draft, and a top 10 protected future 1st.
    It seems the Kings have finally accepted re-building, so giving up Cauley-Stein and the 8th pick wouldn't make sense, especially when between said pick and probably the Pelicans (top 3 protected) one, they'll be in position to draft one of Fox, Smith or Ntilikina anyway. Throwing in a top 10 protected future 1st would be a flat out overpay.

That would be a no brainer for the Spurs though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seems the Kings have finally accepted re-building, so giving up Cauley-Stein and the 8th pick wouldn't make sense, especially when between said pick and probably the Pelicans (top 3 protected) one, they'll be in position to draft one of Fox, Smith or Ntilikina anyway. Throwing in a top 10 protected future 1st would be a flat out overpay.

That would be a no brainer for the Spurs though.
    Don't put anything past Vivek and Vlade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time envisioning any move that would make the Spurs worse even in the short term with a long view in mind. Unless Kawhi is injured like Drob way back, Spurs aren't going to tank and I would rather Lawhi not get injured. I don't think Kawhi would like or support any move that's not to improve the team and the Spurs have younger players they need to develop with a winning mentality and habits.
    I am not replying to anyone in particular with this. Just a general statement at that thought. I think this season in particular they chose to stand pat on purpose and weren't aggressive with any trade outside due diligence.
    I don't expect them to want to move anybody bc they knew going into this season where the weak links were and chose to not address them or simply went a different direction.

I guess in a way what I am saying is that I wish they were a bit more radical but I don't expect it.
    I think they will address the guard situation bc they have to, 2 of their current guards are FA and one is retiring so that's where I expect some improvement/change in personnel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA won't get traded, unless he wants out. It is that simple. It is not like the Spurs to trade him. And defiantly not for WCS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker has played ok.
    Fact

Certainly not even good as 2014 POS porker yet.
    Fact but nobody was expecting that from him anyway

He is liable to go 2-7 tomorrow.
    Opinion.

Mills hasn't lost us any games got.
    Never said otherwise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that the "idiot village" or village idiot"? hmmm...someone doesn't look to smart trying to call someone else an idiot.
    hmmm someone is acting like an idiot

idiot brings a notion of lack of intelligence, idiot village or village idiot kind of mistake is lack of attention which is quite ok when English is your third language anyway

if you want to call out someone do it properly got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    umm... i've never been kyle fan. see the thread i posted about tony.
    with the "trade what you can starting by..." I liaise my post with the thread, never said you were a fathead fan

just threw 2 names of players with some tradable value, quite random tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs shouldn't just try to keep the boat afloat by applying temporary old band aids.

I said it last off-season, they need to start making moves towards the Warriors on a timeline that is 2-3 years out. There's no moves Spurs can make that can put them as equals to the Warriors for next year. There were none last summer either. That's why I didn't want to utilize the resources they did have on Gasol. They need to start building a young versatile/athletic roster to grow with Kawhi. Use resources to attain as many young two-way players as possible who are not defensive liabilities.

The next 3 years belong to Warriors, but if Spurs can build up to where they hit their peak while Warriors' level of play inevitably descends, Spurs may be right there again as Kawhi hits 28-30 years old. Kawhi's game should age well and Spurs should still win 50+ games going this route instead of the route they went last summer. It's time for change.

By no means does this mean, I"m suggesting they blow it up and be a lottery team. Spurs can still easily be a 50 win team going through this 2-3 year process.

But what if the Warriors don't win it all this year? People need to stop assuming things tbh..season is far from over.

Spurs offseason boils down to 3 players. 1. LMA 2.Gasol 3. Manu

Regardless what happens this year the Spurs need a plan in place for these players..

LMA- Are they going to move on from him or nah? He's gotta be the first domino to fall in what direction they go. I had sources saying the trade rumors earlier this year were true. I don't think it's gone away tbh and I think he could get moved..

Gasol- Will he opt in or nah? I'm sure his role going forward determines a lot tbh. I think he's opting out regardless if he comes back or not. Spurs will offer him lead bench big man role and a chance to retire a Spur...make him resign a 3 yr deal for 27-30M range..but Spurs must stick with him on bench and Pau has to take it or leave it

Manu- I'm 75% sure he's retiring. But no matter what he does he needs to get replaced. Is Simmons that guy?? I'm uncomfortable with that idea unless Simmons takes discount

Now with all this said...Spurs need to go after and kick the tires on CP3. I don't care what BS reports are out CP3 will not resign with Clippers. Expect the unexpected and if he wants to contend for a le his time is NOW.

I also think it's literally impossible to dictate how this offseason will go..so many moving parts Melo, Griffin, CP3, and what do the Warriors do?

Thread Information