Page 314 of 376 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 7,826 to 7,850 of 9382
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs could start by trading LMA, Danny and Dijon for Melo and O'Quinn.
    And I assume an unprotected first from NYK

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Melo wants to play with his friends Paul and Harden...he even prefers that over playing with LeBron in Cleveland and I wonder why...
    That is absolutely false. Melo came out immediately and said that he would be willing to waive his no trade clause for only one team - Cleveland. He then, later, said that he would be willing to except a buyout for only one team, Cleveland - and a trade to Houston. He now has excepted that Cleveland cannot work out a trade with NY, but he knows that Houston is aggressively pursuing him and willing to put something together at all costs. If he were to secure a buy out, there is no doubt which team he would join to have the best chance at making the Finals and winning a Championship - and that team is in Ohio. If he wants to max out his value AND play with his friends (while accepting that he's not even making the Finals), he joins Houston.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    What do you mean? All four of them will be free agents next summer and the Spurs are projected to have massive cap space available (with an elite player already on the roster). I would say it's far more likely that all four of them take a discounted rate together (similar to the way LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did in Miami) as opposed to Harden, Paul, and Melo being maxed out (which is why CP3 and Melo want(ed) trades so that they can retain the option for that fifth year) and LeBron and Wade signing for the minimum. Sorry, nothing that Wade or LeBron has EVER done would lead anyone to believe that they would be willing to do that.

Regardless, it's all a moot point anyway since it's not happening with either team.
    If the Rockets couldn't beat the Warriors with a lineup of CP3, Harden, Melo, LeBron, Wade, I'd LMFAO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean? All four of them will be free agents next summer and the Spurs are projected to have massive cap space available (with an elite player already on the roster). I would say it's far more likely that all four of them take a discounted rate together (similar to the way LeBron, Wade, and Bosh did in Miami) as opposed to Harden, Paul, and Melo being maxed out (which is why CP3 and Melo want(ed) trades so that they can retain the option for that fifth year) and LeBron and Wade signing for the minimum. Sorry, nothing that Wade or LeBron has EVER done would lead anyone to believe that they would be willing to do that.

Regardless, it's all a moot point anyway since it's not happening with either team.
    If I'm not mistaken only Harden would be the one making the max? Or Maybe Melo and Harden?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I assume an unprotected first from NYK
    Heck, I would settle for the right to swap firsts. (As if Melo would agree to come here... Or that Pop would like it either.) But a rotation that included Kawhi, Melo and Gay (assuming he is healthy) at the 3/4 positions with a smattering of Anderson and Bertans would be pretty cool.
    Last edited by sasaint; 07-17-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Rockets couldn't beat the Warriors with a lineup of CP3, Harden, Melo, LeBron, Wade, I'd LMFAO.
    I wasn't implying that that team couldn't beat the Warriors (or at least give them a VERY difficult time) - if healthy (which would be a HUGE "if" in the D'Antoni system). I was pointing out the virtual impossibility of it happening because of the financial aspects.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm not mistaken only Harden would be the one making the max? Or Maybe Melo and Harden?
    Again, CP3 wanted a trade and Melo wants a trade to maximize their financial earning (which no one can fault them for). They are not losing that potential and accepting HUGE paycuts while Harden is making over $30M next year, sorry. If Harden wasn't willing to take less (which I'm not saying he should), why should everyone else?

Again, while I know that the likelihood is infinitesimal, I could see the four of them agreeing to come to San Antonio to join Pop and Kawhi (in a system more suited for them) for ~$14M each, instead of joining Harden in Houston with three guys maxed out and LeBron and Wade on minimum deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a nice feeling about Rudy Gay. Dude should be a good contributor as a swing player and a good second or third option after Kawhi and Lamarcus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a nice feeling about Rudy Gay. Dude should be a good contributor as a swing player and a good second or third option after Kawhi and Lamarcus.
    I agree. I see him as a Comeback Player of the Year candidate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, CP3 wanted a trade and Melo wants a trade to maximize their financial earning (which no one can fault them for). They are not losing that potential and accepting HUGE paycuts while Harden is making over $30M next year, sorry. If Harden wasn't willing to take less (which I'm not saying he should), why should everyone else?

Again, while I know that the likelihood is infinitesimal, I could see the four of them agreeing to come to San Antonio to join Pop and Kawhi (in a system more suited for them) for ~$14M each, instead of joining Harden in Houston with three guys maxed out and LeBron and Wade on minimum deals.

Because Harden is there long term..

And if Paul, Melo wanted a trade to max their financial earnings why would they go to SA for 15M per? That doesn't make sense. Also you're expecting Paul and Melo to leave their friend (Harden) to go play with Kawhi? Paul would've just came to SA if that's the case..but Harden is in their "circle" and Kawhi isn't.

And why would LeBron etc sign minimum deals in Houston but 15M in SA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it makes some feel better...

5 Worst NBA Contracts at Every Position

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Harden is there long term..

And if Paul, Melo wanted a trade to max their financial earnings why would they go to SA for 15M per? That doesn't make sense. Also you're expecting Paul and Melo to leave their friend (Harden) to go play with Kawhi? Paul would've just came to SA if that's the case..but Harden is in their "circle" and Kawhi isn't.

And why would LeBron etc sign minimum deals in Houston but 15M in SA?
    I don't know if we're misunderstanding each other or you're not really reading my posts. On more than one occasion, I said that neither is likely to happen - and I spelled out EXACTLY why I thought that the Spurs' scenario was more likely of the two options. Are you really saying that "Melo and CP3 agreeing to take $15M instead of a max money makes no sense" - yet in your mind LeBron and Wade agreeing to take ~$3M instead of max money does? Not only that, in my scenario ALL members are sacrificing money which makes it easier for all other members to accept less. There's no way that LeBron and Wade take minimum money while the rest of their buddies max out - especially considering that one of those minimum players would be the best player on the team.

Again, I'll say that NEITHER scenario is going to happen next year - so it is a moot point and we've already put more time and consideration in discussing it than is warranted. These players have ALL shown how much they love their money and there is no way that they are giving up THAT much - especially considering the fit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when are LMA and Green getting traded? Today? Been waiting a month already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean most improved player?

Zero chance most likely. This award is predicated on an advancement of stats as the measuring stick. He will most likely average less points, rebounds, etc.

The he became a team player and bought into spurs system argument will not cut it as far as him receiving the award.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if we're misunderstanding each other or you're not really reading my posts. On more than one occasion, I said that neither is likely to happen - and I spelled out EXACTLY why I thought that the Spurs' scenario was more likely of the two options. Are you really saying that "Melo and CP3 agreeing to take $15M instead of a max money makes no sense" - yet in your mind LeBron and Wade agreeing to take ~$3M instead of max money does? Not only that, in my scenario ALL members are sacrificing money which makes it easier for all other members to accept less. There's no way that LeBron and Wade take minimum money while the rest of their buddies max out - especially considering that one of those minimum players would be the best player on the team.

Again, I'll say that NEITHER scenario is going to happen next year - so it is a moot point and we've already put more time and consideration in discussing it than is warranted. These players have ALL shown how much they love their money and there is no way that they are giving up THAT much - especially considering the fit.
    Harden- Max
    Melo-Max or I'm not sure if he can opt out..
    Paul-Will be a FA
    LeBron-Will be a FA
    Wade-Will be a FA

So only Harden and maybe Melo will be on the books..Paul, James, Wade can sign for whatever works best but it doesn't have to be minimal deals like you're referring to. You're saying Paul, Harden, Melo will all be max deals and that's not true...

I think that's where the confusion is coming from?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm disappointed that the front office chose Lauvergne over him for this season. I doubt that Lauvergne's production will make up for the lost value of having Milutinov on a rookie scale deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it. I'd rather cut him than give him more than the rookie scale. Stashing is officially dead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any credible source confirming milutinov would have come over on the 1st round scale amounts? Or did he choose to hold out another year?

If the former then that's a bad move to not go ahead and bring him over. His agent probably told him to stay put so he could cash in later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any credible source confirming milutinov would have come over on the 1st round scale amounts? Or did he choose to hold out another year?

If the former then that's a bad move to not go ahead and bring him over. His agent probably told him to stay put so he could cash in later.
    Right. It's not like a guy is forced to sign a rookie offer. My guess is that he got more than the rookie scale contract to stay in Greece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have too big of a problem with giving a first-rounder who's proven himself to be a good starter overseas room-exception money. I simply can't abide giving him MLE money when he is just a rotational big, though. Unless he takes a big leap forward, he's not worth the trouble. I'd rather give that money to an NBA rotation big so we don't have to worry about his game translating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it. I'd rather cut him than give him more than the rookie scale. Stashing is officially dead.
    wtf do you think happened Chinook? They promised him more to not come over this season??? Why would they do that? Why?
    Spurs really had a need for bigs on the cheap this season, and Milutinov was showing signs of progress against better compe ion than he would see in summer league. He's still 22 or something years old? He's in an upward trajectory of improvement. In fact a season with the team at the end of the bench would allow him to practice and learn from both LMA and Pau, before one or both is not reupped next season. This move still doesn't make sense to me except for one thing and I KNOW you will hate it: Spurs saving up a roster space for Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donatas Urbonas @Urbodo
    2m
    There was no talks between Donatas Motiejunas and Panathinaikos yet, I was told. His priority is still the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm disappointed that the front office chose Lauvergne over him for this season. I doubt that Lauvergne's production will make up for the lost value of having Milutinov on a rookie scale deal.
    Disappointed too. He should have come over this season in a rookie scale cost controlled contract. He's shown some improvement and at 22 years old is in a upward trajectory. He would have benefited from being in the team this season just learning.. practices with Pau and LMA would have helped him too.

Spurs offseason:
    I am thinking this are the Spurs holding up a roster spot for Manu.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says the Spurs will give Milutinov the MLE? There should be a lot of room between the rookie scale and that.

But yeah, using a late first round pick as a stash is dead. If players would rather stay overseas than take that rookie scale then it would be beneficial to both parties if he was a second round pick. But the NBAPA won't ever allow draft picks to get more than the rookie scale.

Thread Information