Page 8 of 376 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very true. The decline of Parker and Manu was evident and to this day Pop is still treating them like they're in 2007 form. Agree with Manu4tres that Gasol was just a horrible and useless signing as well. This roster was just horribly constructed since 2014 ended.
    Yeah, I've been against the Gasol signing from the beginning as well for the same reasons. A lot of the moves last offseason were made to keep butts in the AT&T Center (which failed) and to pretend to contend by signing names. Just hope they don't do the same this off season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than luck, it was signing Curry to a very friendly deal after his ankle injury.
    I think they also lucked out by losing Bogut in the 1st round of 2014, tbh..if he stays healthy, there's a good chance they beat the Clippers in game 7..if that was the case, maybe Mark Jackson keeps his job and they're still playing antiquated 90s ball with David Lee at PF what kind of team starts David Lee in 2017?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they also lucked out by losing Bogut in the 1st round of 2014, tbh..if he stays healthy, there's a good chance they beat the Clippers in game 7..if that was the case, maybe Mark Jackson keeps his job and they're still playing antiquated 90s ball with David Lee at PF what kind of team starts David Lee in 2017?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are making subtle comments about David Lee and Pop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to rub salt in the wound, other than KD what other guys were available this past offseason to fill that role?
    For FA -- I wanted them to try to pry Harkless when POR committed to Evan Turner. James Ennis was another option that was cheaper that I wanted them to explore.

As for trade, Wilson Chandler was on the trade market. Spurs could have used the space to soak up his deal w/ other small parts included ( Kyle, rights to Nikola)

They could have traded LA to a team like Boston for Amir, Crowder and a pick. ( Crowder being that guy).

Just a few on top of my head. Not saying all these were slam dunks, but it would have been nice if the effort was there to try to go this route instead of agreeing w/ Gasol before FA even started ( not giving thought at any other option).

There's ways to get creative. You don't have to use the space for a FA, you can use it in a trade as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want a big name in return for Aldridge, tbh, not that the Spurs would get one, anyways..I wouldn't expect major value, at this point, his stock is pretty low, especially if he doesn't step up in this series in a relatively favorable matchup..

I wonder if a team with limited assets like the Nets would still value his name..I'd take a RHJ/Levert/Booker package for him, for instance(sounds underwhelming, but I think the Spurs would benefit from just getting rid of him, similar to Jefferson)..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want a big name in return for Aldridge, tbh, not that the Spurs would get one, anyways..I wouldn't expect major value, at this point, his stock is pretty low, especially if he doesn't step up in this series in a relatively favorable matchup..

I wonder if a team with limited assets like the Nets would still value his name..I'd take a RHJ/Levert/Booker package for him, for instance(sounds underwhelming, but I think the Spurs would benefit from just getting rid of him, similar to Jefferson)..
    Remember when I said exactly this during the regular season and you laughed at me son?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when I said exactly this during the regular season and you laughed at me son?
    Maybe..I still had hope for Aldridge's offense to turn around, never thought it would get this bad..

He had a great defensive season, tbh..too bad the Spurs need him to be a star, not a role player..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have pulled the trigger if they had an enticing offer last summer after those rumors emerged..Agree with DAF: we are at "addition by subtraction" stage with Aldridge..Any major roster re-configuration will have to start by moving him.

Limited talent, poor intangibles, health concerns, and questionable work ethics make it hard to see him age well enough to be part of a future Spurs le contender, and he won't be alone from current team..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think Marks would do that. I think he likes Levert too much.

If you want Mozgov and Randle, maybe that. No thanks for me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Marks would do that. I think he likes Levert too much.

If you want Mozgov and Randle, maybe that. No thanks for me.
    Damn, forgot Marks was running BK now..doesn't seem like a clown that would get robbed, tbh

And no, I would also pass on that Lakers package

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should have pulled the trigger if they had an enticing offer last summer after those rumors emerged..Agree with DAF: we are at "addition by subtraction" stage with Aldridge..Any major roster re-configuration will have to start by moving him.

Limited talent, poor intangibles, health concerns, and questionable work ethics make it hard to see him age well enough to be part of a future Spurs le contender, and he won't be alone from current team..
    Hes traded this summer or he walks next summer when he opts-out. No way RC/ Pop extend him after his atrocious tenure here. Lazy ass has no winning aspect in his DNA. Sat on his lazy ass the past two offseasons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three way deal: If Suns get Fultz or Ball in draft.

LA to PHX
    Bledsoe to SAC
    WCS, Afflalo ( SA can waive him b4 FA), 8th pick to SA.

Or find a third team that needs a PG and has assets SA wld entertain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for the inevitable "stand pat and bring everyone back" moves when Chris Paul and George Hill say no to the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think LMA is going to opt out after next season? With the way he's played the past two years outside part of last season and the OKC series he hasn't played anywhere near max contract level. No reason to expect him to get a deal North of $20mil. , he might not even get $15mil. I think he opts in to get that $20mil then gets something like a 3/$42mil kinda deal. He knows his level of play with the Spurs has kinda ed him on any future contract, so he might play nice with a potential Spurs trade partner if he's promised a prominant role on offense (or at least gets to play with guards that will set him up/spoonfeed him on the regular).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ive seen the light. Isolation dependent teams won't win in this era. I thought Kawhi's individual greatness would give them a shot but MJ himself wouldn't win in today's NBA. Guys like midnightpulp are right, the three point shot is just too much to overcome. I don't think its Kawhi's game being antiquated as much as it is the Spurs team in general being antiquated.

A couple guys that can penetrate, 4 shooters at all times, and a mobile, athletic center who can switch and is a lob threat is the new blueprint. Personnel wise, the Spurs are way behind the curve, unfortunately.
    It sucks... it kills variety and with as many talented bigs as there are in the league they can't get into the postseason Anthony Davis, KAT, Porzingis etc. Meantime you have some players below them like Paul George and he gets in. Game favors 3 pts shooting and perimeter play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people think LMA is going to opt out after next season? With the way he's played the past two years outside part of last season and the OKC series he hasn't played anywhere near max contract level. No reason to expect him to get a deal North of $20mil. , he might not even get $15mil. I think he opts in to get that $20mil then gets something like a 3/$42mil kinda deal. He knows his level of play with the Spurs has kinda ed him on any future contract, so he might play nice with a potential Spurs trade partner if he's promised a prominant role on offense (or at least gets to play with guards that will set him up/spoonfeed him on the regular).
    I expect because of his personality.

He left Portland because he was jealous over Lillard. He also refuses to be a center, which is why he nearly signed with a crap PHX team because they signed a washed up Chandler. Also why the Spurs had to grab Pau. But that same personality that refuses to be center is the same personality that makes him too good to work out in the summer and keep the weight off.

The kind of guy to blame others instead of himself and opt out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I expect because of his personality.

He left Portland because he was jealous over Lillard. He also refuses to be a center, which is why he nearly signed with a crap PHX team because they signed a washed up Chandler. Also why the Spurs had to grab Pau. But that same personality that refuses to be center is the same personality that makes him too good to work out in the summer and keep the weight off.

The kind of guy to blame others instead of himself and opt out.
    He might be those things (don't believe it myself, just think he's a soft, finesse big) but he isn't stupid; if he opts out he won't get that kinda money ever again. If he makes it clear he wants out (or the Spurs make it clear they wanna move him) he'll prolly agree to help facilitate a trade as long as whatever team he goes to will help demonstrate his strengths so he can show off and entice some team to give him a large contract. Suns, Kings, Lakers, etc could be those teams and would prolly be willing to take that risk due to desperation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Portland will take him back. They have a redundance of talent on the wings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if they can get interest for Paul George trade.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32yr old 6'11 shooting guard with heart issues.

We're ed. Not even Magic Johnson the GM would bite.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32yr old 6'11 shooting guard with heart issues.

We're ed. Not even Magic Johnson the GM would bite.
    1. Get Bud drunk (not hard to do apparently)

2. Sign and trade for Milsap. Guys wanted to be a Spur like his whole career.
    Last edited by BillMc; 05-02-2017 at 03:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clarkson +Randle for LMA and a first, TBH.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've been saying that he was RJ 2.0 since last years regular season. Just too bad. This time he doesn't have social media accounts to shut down.

Thread Information