Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Had Prime Parker and Ginobili. He also had the best 3 and D player in the league.

Kawhi doesn't exactly have that kind of luxury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fact is fact whenever Tim scored 40 or more the Spurs lost. You can look up all of Tim's 40 point playoff games and you will see a bunch of loses except for the '08 suns game. One of my favorite Duncan 40 point games was in '01 against the Lakers in game 2 of the WCF. Duncan dominated that game and was a one man show but it wasn't enough to overcome Kobe and Shaq but it was a pretty heroic game in my eyes. Just because a superstar has a dominant game doesn't guarantee a win. I always gave Duncan a pass when the spurs lost because I knew he showed up and gave it his all. That's the standard I have held Kawhi to. Last year I was one of Kawhi's biggest critics. I called him out a lot for not showing up for half of the series against the thunder. If you look up my old posts you will see it. A lot of people called me a Kawhi hater. I was impressed by Kawhi in this game because historically the last few years in the playoffs whenever he has a bad game he tends to be for the rest of the series. If Kawhi disappears in the upcoming games I will criticize him.
    Again, I'm not even hating. I really wanted him to hit that gamewinner... it would've been only fair for his amazing performance. It's just bittersweet, but I'm not putting the loss on him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0.4 was robbery, we all know that. And Tim did actually hit what was supposed to be the gamewinner then... not an airball. Look, it's not even hating on Kawhi, I want him to get better. Maybe it's asking too much, being too greedy.

I hate that the team wasted such an amazing performance, but let's not gloss over he had the game in his hands with plenty of time...
    Tim has had moments where he's missed the game winning shot or tying shot. He miss the game winning shot against the Sonics in game 4 in '05. He missed the final shot of the game against the Lakers which would have tied the game back in game 4 in '02. He missed what would have been a game wining tip in against the pistons in '05 in game 5 which would have won the game but instead it went to OT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nono, you really have gone off the deep end coinciding with this Manu train wreck. You are saying crazy things and seemingly deflecting everything.

I know you aren't a troll and you are a great poster, but you've been acting crazy since Manu has tanked and lost all objectivity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    0.4 was robbery, we all know that. And Tim did actually hit what was supposed to be the gamewinner then... not an airball...
    Kawhi made 2 shots to give Spurs a lead, those were supposed game winners too. But sure, blame Kawhi for any Spurs mistake on court. That's really fair.

Also, dont let a fact ruin your narrative "We win every game when Tim scored +40 pts"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I'm not even hating. I really wanted him to hit that gamewinner... it would've been only fair for his amazing performance. It's just bittersweet, but I'm not putting the loss on him.
    I definitely agree I wanted that shot to go in to. It would have been an signature moment for Kawhi and an ESPN classic type of game. It sucks that it didn't' work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim has had moments where he's missed the game winning shot or tying shot. He miss the game winning shot against the Sonics in game 4 in '05. He missed the final shot of the game against the Lakers which would have tied the game back in game 4 in '02. He missed what would have been a game wining tip in against the pistons in '05 in game 5 which would have won the game but instead it went to OT.
    By that token, he had the gamewinner in game 6 of that sonics series, which wrapped it up. Again, I hate to focus on one game or play, but we're talking about last night's game.

I want him to be money in those situations. Maybe, it's unfair or greedy, but whatever...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi, statistically this year, has been the best "clutch" shooter in the league with game winners FYI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nono, you really have gone off the deep end coinciding with this Manu train wreck. You are saying crazy things and seemingly deflecting everything.

I know you aren't a troll and you are a great poster, but you've been acting crazy since Manu has tanked and lost all objectivity.
    why? we're just talking here. I even wanted Bertans for Manu last night, posted so in the game thread. Manu doesn't change anything for me. He barely played these last two games anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why? we're just talking here. I even wanted Bertans for Manu last night, posted so in the game thread. Manu doesn't change anything for me. He barely played these last two games anyways.
    You wouldn't admit Manu is playing poorly. You campaigned for him to play more I think . You are saying weird stuff about Kawhi even though none of it's true (even what you had in mind from Tim) when evaluated. Just lot's of strange things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, dont let a fact ruin your narrative "We win every game when Tim scored +40 pts"
    Quote where I posted that? I didn't mention a single 40+ anything anywhere. Let's see the quote...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't admit Manu is playing poorly. You campaigned for him to play more I think . You are saying weird stuff about Kawhi even though none of it's true (even what you had in mind from Tim) when evaluated. Just lot's of strange things.
    I can quote myself agreeing with him playing badly. In this forum. The rest is trolling... come on son...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can quote myself agreeing with him playing badly. In this forum. The rest is trolling... come on son...
    K, was not sure I was getting concerned. I was cranky knowing Tim's last year was last year, so thought you might be going through the same things seeing Manu's last days be so cold and unforgiving.

When SA gets by MEM he will have better moments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By that token, he had the gamewinner in game 6 of that sonics series, which wrapped it up. Again, I hate to focus on one game or play, but we're talking about last night's game.

I want him to be money in those situations. Maybe, it's unfair or greedy, but whatever...
    Yes Tim won game 6 but he had moments where he didn't always hit the game winner or tying shots like I mentioned. It evened out in his career and the same will happen with Kawhi. You are just creating a ridiculous narrative. I didn't hate on Tim for not coming through in those moments and I'm not going to hate on Kawhi for similar situations. That answers you original question of should we hold Kawhi to same standards as Duncan which I'am so I don't know where you are heading now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes Tim won game 6 but he had moments where he didn't always hit the game winner or tying shots like I mentioned. It evened out in his career and the same will happen with Kawhi. You are just creating a ridiculous narrative. I didn't hate on Tim for not coming through in those moments and I'm not going to hate on Kawhi for similar situations. That answers you original question of should we hold Kawhi to same standards as Duncan which I'am so I don't know where you are heading now.
    I'm not hating on Kawhi. It's true it's unfair to compare to Tim, who had a whole lot more seasons. I just really wanted the W on what was Kawhi's signature game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K, was not sure I was getting concerned. I was cranky knowing Tim's last year was last year, so thought you might be going through the same things seeing Manu's last days be so cold and unforgiving.

When SA gets by MEM he will have better moments.
    I thought last year could've been Manu's last too... I'm at peace with it. The whole he's coming back next season for $10m is humor, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quote where I posted that? I didn't mention a single 40+ anything anywhere. Let's see the quote...

Kawhi, statistically this year, has been the best "clutch" shooter in the league with game winners FYI.
    Nah...Kawhi just sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah...Kawhi just sucks

So no 40+ point quote?? I'll wait...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Kawhi but he needs to bring the Ws, tbh... it's not that he didn't try, and as Roberto said, it might well be that he's surrounded with (in which case, who's fault is it?).

He had the game in his hands, had a clean look with plenty of time, and couldn't deliver... you can only hope he gets better at it...
    Don't even joke with this. This isn't chuckbrook going 50 points and -20. Kawhi was the only ing reason it was even a ball game. Lose the shtick brah.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also clutch shots in general. We can't discount shots that puts you in position. It was magic yesterday. The time ran out. That's the end of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no 40+ point quote?? I'll wait...
    "When Tim played like Kawhi last night, we won.. a lot..." Which isnt true. Spurs didnt win those games when Tim had +40.

Also, how Kawhi played? 43 pts 6 steals 7-10 3's

It sounds weird, very rare but neither Tim played like Kawhi yesterday because any other player in NBA history scored +40 pts +5 3's +5 steals.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was +18 out here with this lets blame Kawhi . It's not even remotely funny. ElNono

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah...Kawhi just sucks

nice airball at the end of 4 and refusal to pass to a wide open teammate. who cares about the loss when you got stats

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nice airball at the end of 4 and refusal to pass to a wide open teammate. who cares about the loss when you got stats
    Of course you'd give Kawhi blame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim Had Prime Parker and Ginobili. He also had the best 3 and D player in the league.

Kawhi doesn't exactly have that kind of luxury.
    100% true.

Kawhi has an over 30 past prime Aldridge, completely washed up Parker, and washed up beyond all imagination Manu.

Absurd situation.

Thread Information