Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despite the loss last night, it was the first time Ive really seen Kawhi completely take over a game in the playoffs. I know he's done it regular season, but he needed to prove he could do it when it mattered. I think to himself as well. It was a huge step into supers om.

He showed he's an assassin that even when the game looks over, you've got to watch out for him because he coming he can still steal if from you.

And he's only going to get better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too bad he's surrounded by .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pray to god he doesn't leave...we will be unbeatable when tony and many leaves

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I pray to god he doesn't leave...we will be unbeatable when tony and many leaves
    New Spurs "fans...".

Manu and Tony earned 4 championship trophies... they are the only active NBA players with more than three... Father Time catches up to everyone... none can escape him...

Bunch of ingrates and internet warriors up in here...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Spurs "fans...".

Manu and Tony earned 4 championship trophies... they are the only active NBA players with more than three... Father Time catches up to everyone... none can escape him...

Father time does catch up with everyone. Doesn't mean we shouldn't call for a change as soon as it has.

Personally I think both can be serviceable however

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not going to be invited to the dance every year. Get over it. Just be glad you're still watching your team play in the post season. Many fans here never experienced missing the post season or have a really ty team. Just talk to the Lakers trolls and such, or the Mav fans for perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Spurs "fans...".

I'm far from new...been on this board before even you I'm sure...but I'm a SPURS fan...I loved many and parker back in the day...but they are hurting the team right now...should we keep them on the team forever because they won championships for us? Smh...player fans...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Spurs "fans...".

we know father time catches up to everyone. it's up to the COACH to make sure these guys aren't playing. Ginobli is done and the scary thing is that I'm 100% sure he's gonna get another contract for next season to things up

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we know father time catches up to everyone. it's up to the COACH to make sure these guys aren't playing. Ginobli is done and the scary thing is that I'm 100% sure he's gonna get another contract for next season to things up
    My problem with Manu is not so much he sucks but the fact that he demanded to get overpaid during the summertime. He took that 15 mil and is definitely not worth it all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Father time does catch up with everyone. Doesn't mean we shouldn't call for a change as soon as it has.

Personally I think both can be serviceable however
    ginobli has not scored a single point in this series. NOT ONE POINT!!! Are you aware of this?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm far from new...been on this board before even you I'm sure...but I'm a SPURS fan...I loved many and parker back in the day...but they are hurting the team right now...should we keep them on the team forever because they won championships for us? Smh...player fans...

I've been a fan since 1989... Robinson's rookie year... you became a Spurs fan with Duncan's arrival... I'm not saying TP9 and Manu are the same players they've always been... they do deserve the fan bases' respect. And they're not getting it from the noobs... you're feeding into that dynamic...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Kawhi but he needs to bring the Ws, tbh... it's not that he didn't try, and as Roberto said, it might well be that he's surrounded with (in which case, who's fault is it?).

He had the game in his hands, had a clean look with plenty of time, and couldn't deliver... you can only hope he gets better at it...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love Kawhi but he needs to bring the Ws, tbh... it's not that he didn't try, and as Roberto said, it might well be that he's surrounded with (in which case, who's fault is it?).

He had the game in his hands, had a clean look with plenty of time, and couldn't deliver... you can only hope he gets better at it...
    Wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well, are we going to hold him to the same standards that Timmy set? or not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put a loss like this on Timmy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was basically kicking the corner kicks and scoring the goals at the same time

If he had won last nights game it possibly would be one of the greatest performances in playoff history. And the series would be over

But cant blame him for going 5 of 6 or whatever from 3 point in the final minutes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put a loss like this on Timmy.
    When Tim played like Kawhi last night, we won.. a lot... it's all I'm pointing out... there's a million reasons that have nothing to do with Kawhi for last night's loss

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Tim played like Kawhi last night, we won.. a lot... it's all I'm pointing out... there's a million reasons that have nothing to do with Kawhi for last night's loss
    Most of the time whenever Tim scored 40 plus points in the playoffs the spurs actually lost. The only time they won with a 40 plus point game from Tim was in '08 against the Suns when he hit that 3 on Shaq.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of the time whenever Tim scored 40 plus points in the playoffs the spurs actually lost. The only time they won with a 40 plus point game from Tim was in '08 against the Suns when he hit that 3 on Shaq.
    ehhh... he dominated against the Lakeshow in '03, and we won... we were basically riding him as much as we're riding Kawhi now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop acting like we won every close game with Tim.

Kawhi hit the amazing 3 to send it to OT but Pop bad defense scheme on that play gave Marc a shot...Remember Tim's amazing shot vs Lakers before Fisher hit that one?

Well, Kawhi already did what Tim. Put his team at the best position to be successful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy had his career playoff high (41 pts) in a game 7 we lost at home (vs Mavs in 2006) in which he missed a put back layup buzzer beater..

To even imply that he or Kawhi have to take a smidgen of blame for thee gut-wrenching losses is absolutely ridiculously... It happens, and we know exactly who bottled the game in both instances..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ehhh... he dominated against the Lakeshow in '03, and we won... we were basically riding him as much as we're riding Kawhi now...
    Fact is fact whenever Tim scored 40 or more the Spurs lost. You can look up all of Tim's 40 point playoff games and you will see a bunch of loses except for the '08 suns game. One of my favorite Duncan 40 point games was in '01 against the Lakers in game 2 of the WCF. Duncan dominated that game and was a one man show but it wasn't enough to overcome Kobe and Shaq but it was a pretty heroic game in my eyes. Just because a superstar has a dominant game doesn't guarantee a win. I always gave Duncan a pass when the spurs lost because I knew he showed up and gave it his all. That's the standard I have held Kawhi to. Last year I was one of Kawhi's biggest critics. I called him out a lot for not showing up for half of the series against the thunder. If you look up my old posts you will see it. A lot of people called me a Kawhi hater. I was impressed by Kawhi in this game because historically the last few years in the playoffs whenever he has a bad game he tends to be for the rest of the series. If Kawhi disappears in the upcoming games I will criticize him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop acting like we won every close game with Tim.

Kawhi hits the amazing 3 to send it to OT but Pop bad defense scheme on that play give Marc a shot...Remember Tim's amazing shot vs Lakers before Fisher hit that one?

Well, Kawhi already did what Tim. Put his team at the best position to be successful.
    0.4 was robbery, we all know that. And Tim did actually hit what was supposed to be the gamewinner then... not an airball. Look, it's not even hating on Kawhi, I want him to get better. Maybe it's asking too much, being too greedy.

I hate that the team wasted such an amazing performance, but let's not gloss over he had the game in his hands with plenty of time...

Thread Information