faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Does anybody else besides me think that we are going to start seeing more West African freaks like Giannis dominate in the NBA in the near future?

As everybody knows, the African has been a rare sight in the NBA. Occasionally we might see a Mutombo or Olajuwon but for the most part, a lot of these guys end up being project players who don't really impact the game at all a la D.J. Mbenga, Hasheem Thabeet, or Desagana Diop (except when he dominated Tim Duncan det one time rofl). IMO, West Africans have some of the best genetics in the world but have made a surprisingly small impact on a game where there body types should excel. And there's obviously plenty of them out there.

I think with Silicon Valley ting out hundreds of new apps a week and with the way the game is going global, a lot of these guys will be discovered at an early age and will be able to develop their skills when most American players would. Right now, I think that by the time Schlomo Shekelstein sees them dunking a coconut in high school, it is really too late to get them to learn the game and develop a passion for it. But in this day and age, there's no reason for them to go unnoticed for so long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting for that dude from the Air Up There to make it to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still waiting for Porker to make it to the NBA

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The NBA is actually building a basketball academy in Senegal, so they're clearly trying to grow the game and discover talent in Africa. They've also been running Basketball Without Borders camps around Africa for a while now. It shouldn't surprise anyone if more Giannis types start entering the league.

Thread Information