Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    tp doesn't make the players around him better, has been taking shots away from la.

would not say he's been great. good is even debatable... our starting PG is averaging 2 assists ! i can't believe people just brush that off.

spurs go 61-21 on:
    la: 14.6 FGA (.477 shooting)
    tp: 9.0 FGA (.466 shooting)

spurs in the playoffs:
    la: 11.3 FGA (.500)
    tp: 12.3 FGA (.469)

the sooner in the game that la gets confidence, the better. tp should take shots away from the bench, not from the starters.

i thought tp would be unreliable in over the next few rounds. turns out he decided to change up the offense early.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course tp shooting more doesn't actually make us better. That's fools gold.

Dude has played 4 games in the playoffs. Dude is probably gonna have some "injury" issues next series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how do you come away from these memphis games thinking LMA needs the ball more ... TP kept us afloat in the first half last game. he's been surprisingly effective on offense outside of game 3

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taking shots away from LA The is he going to do?

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see OP is trying shield for his countrymen scoring ZERO points thru 4 games, but....

Tony Parker - 55 points on 23/49 (46.9FG%) in 102 minutes
    Ginobili, Green, Mills - 56 points on 19/68 (27.9FG%) in 242 minutes

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA isn't shooting that % when you feed it to him and tell him go score.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    how do you come away from these memphis games thinking LMA needs the ball more ... TP kept us afloat in the first half last game. he's been surprisingly effective on offense outside of game 3
    la needs confidence early. whether you want that kind of player is a different story.

i don't want a starting PG who averages 2 assists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    la needs confidence early. whether you want that kind of player is a different story.

i don't want a starting PG who averages 2 assists.
    of course parker is a subpar point guard. but it is what it is, we have to work with what we have. he has exceeded expectations so far. same can't be said for LMA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs go 61-21 on:
    la: 14.6 FGA (.477 shooting)
    tp: 9.0 FGA (.466 shooting)

spurs in the playoffs:
    la: 11.3 FGA (.500)
    tp: 12.3 FGA (.469)
    Tony takes more threes than Aldridge and actually had a higher 2pt FG% than Lamarcus (and we know from this series has been shooting a lot more threes). When you're using stats to make a point, at least use ones that tell the whole story. Especially if taking up space on the front page of the forum with a new thread.

Also, Tony's FG attempts are probably up because Manu has proven totally inept in this series and penetration is one of the only ways to create open shots for others.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course parker is a subpar point guard. but it is what it is, we have to work with what we have. he has exceeded expectations so far. same can't be said for LMA
    WTF??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Parker vs Manu civil war the OP and several other posters have had going on for the last 3 years is pretty re ed. Manu has been crap in this series just deal with it. I'm on neither Manu or Tony's side. Both are inconsistent role players at this point of time. For this series Tony has been very solid we'll see what will happen in the next few games.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Tony Parker living rent free in OP's head.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    This Parker vs Manu civil war the OP and several other posters have had going on for the last 3 years is pretty re ed. Manu has been crap in this series just deal with it. I'm on neither Manu or Tony's side. Both are inconsistent role players at this point of time. For this series Tony has been very solid we'll see what will happen in the next few games.
    this isn't parker vs manu. manu has shot so terribly that words don't do justice.

this is about tony taking more shots than the highest paid player on the team. tony has shot worse than him btw.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing sucks that Parker has to share minutes with a midget Microwave, tbh...

Playoff Per-36 Parker:
    19.8ppg (46.9FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Microwave:
    12.8ppg (35.7FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Manure:
    0ppg (0.0FG%)

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Tony Parker living rent free in OP's head.
    i prefer my starting PG averages more than 2 assists a game. different for you obviously.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ing sucks that Parker has to share minutes with a midget Microwave, tbh...

Playoff Per-36 Parker:
    19.8ppg (46.9FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Microwave:
    12.8ppg (35.7FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Manure:
    0ppg (0.0FG%)
    this isn't parker vs manu. manu has shot so terribly that words don't do justice.

this is about tony taking more shots than the highest paid player on the team. tony has shot worse than him btw.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see OP is trying shield for his countrymen scoring ZERO points thru 4 games, but....

Tony Parker - 55 points on 23/49 (46.9FG%) in 102 minutes
    Ginobili, Green, Mills - 56 points on 19/68 (27.9FG%) in 242 minutes
    Damn. Other than HOTS, we have a dumpster fire for backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony and LMA have the same True Shooting percentage FYI.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    you can be the biggest parker fan... should he be averaging more shots than la? no. we signed la for his offense. his defense has been a plus.

tp has been the separation between kawhi and la establishing a two man game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what were your expectations for parker for the memphis series, compared to how he has played so far?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what were your expectations for parker for the memphis series, compared to how he has played so far?
    6 assist per game. And to feed LMa in his spots.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    i prefer my starting PG averages more than 2 assists a game. different for you obviously.
    Tony Parker would have more assists if the players he passed to took and made the shot rather than bricking open jumpers or putting the ball on the floor. This isn't the 2012-14 Spurs. As far as LMA is concerned, I could care less how many less shot attempts he takes per game because I'm sick and tired of watching him take and brick countless 20 ft. off balanced mid range jumpers with a hand in his face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you can be the biggest parker fan... should he be averaging more shots than la? no. we signed la for his offense. his defense has been a plus.

tp has been the separation between kawhi and la establishing a two man game.
    TP has setup LMA plenty of times. If you watch the games, TP HAS to take most of the shots he's taken because MEM , outside of GM3 dared him to do it. Luckily for SA TP came to play unlike most others.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Tony and LMA have the same True Shooting percentage FYI.
    that's great, not being sarcastic.

you cannot argue that he has taking shots away from lma though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony has never been a natural playmaker. He is who he is and at this point of time that's not going to change. As long as he's shooting a good FG percentages I can live with his production. On the other hand LMA is not being aggressive on the offensive end and asserting himself in this series and that's not Parker's fault. I have seen him at times get the ball and try to post up ZBO and Marc and then hesitate and pass the ball. I say this and I"m one of LMA's biggest supporters on this board if you look at my previous post history you will see that.

Thread Information