Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Welcome to the Black QB club benefactor !!!!

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Welcome to the Black QB club benefactor !!!!

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    ...I swear the homer love fest for this jig is unreal. Some are saying he should start week 1. It's like they drafted Aaron Rodgers.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Let's count the ways...

He's 6'2, which would be doable if he didn't have a ty throwing motion where the ball comes out way too low. He led the NCAA in batted balls last season...I'm sure that will magically rectify itself at the next level.

He has questionable arm strength, so don't expect him to be able to stretch the field. He has accuracy problems with his deep ball too.

He threw a ton of interceptions, mostly because he's your typical one read QB who locks in on his receivers.

So lets be real here...he's a project...and if he does become a QB at this level he will be a game manager.

Bbbbut winz!!1!!1!!!!

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    That DB Houston just took is trash. Complete waste of a pick.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cunningham and Mckinney will terrorize s.
    I can say with supreme confidence that you have the best front 7 in the NFL.

------------Watt --------- Reader --------- Clowney --------------
    McKinney --------------------------------------------------- Mercilus
    ----------------- Cushing ---------- Cunningham -----------------------

Literally a 7 pro bowler front 7. Question is, how do you pay all of them??

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That DB Houston just took is trash. Complete waste of a pick.
    Who needs db's when you have the best front 7 in the league. And it's not like the guys they have in place are below average.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on this guy as a UDFA pickup...seems like a steal

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Keep an eye on this guy as a UDFA pickup...seems like a steal

just saw y'all signed him as udfa. if his foot is healed up then yea y'all got a good one.
    Last edited by Trill Clinton; 04-30-2017 at 11:38 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    congrats to the texans fan base. i might actually watch y'alls game this year. snagged the best qb in the draft and picked up my boy d'onte.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    congrats to the texans fan base. i might actually watch y'alls game this year. snagged the best qb in the draft and picked up my boy d'onte.
    If Deshaun Watson is the next Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott, the Texans are the team to beat in the AFC for the next 5-10 years with those receivers, Foreman/Miller, and dat front 7

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Two first round picks for a black QB. Jesus ing Christ
    Well two late first round picks (since Houston will likely be in the playoffs again next season) is a good deal IF the QB pans out.

tbh I think the days of black QBs automatically sucking might be over soon. The main issue is that they naturally want to depend on their athleticism and run, which doesn't work in the pros and leads to injury. But it's becoming common knowledge that being a run first QB will never work so maybe they'll start to abandon it and focus on staying in the pocket. I think that's the main issue not necessarily intelligence. I mean, if black people like Lebron James can shoot a basketball well and make the intelligent pass to the right teammate, I don't know why they wouldn't be able to do the same thing in football. It's not like they're being asked to split the atom.

Fabbs and I are currently doing a research study to see what effect intelligence has on the quarterback position. It's a mystery because there are guys like Fitzpatrick who go to Harvard and ace the Wonderlic test yet end up sucking.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    The problem I have with him goes beyond him being a darkie though tbh. As I said in a previous post in this thread, he's got some pretty big holes in his game he has to fix to be an effective starter. He doesn't have an elite arm, but he can be a good steady QB if he fixes his release point and learns to not lock in on receivers. He has some good anticipatory instincts when he makes throws to spots where he knows his guy is going to be open. If he can cut the mistakes down he can be a lot like Wilson and manage the game while the defense backs him up.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Well , Skip Bayless just said Houston had the best draft.

We're ed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The problem I have with him goes beyond him being a darkie though tbh. As I said in a previous post in this thread, he's got some pretty big holes in his game he has to fix to be an effective starter. He doesn't have an elite arm, but he can be a good steady QB if he fixes his release point and learns to not lock in on receivers. He has some good anticipatory instincts when he makes throws to spots where he knows his guy is going to be open. If he can cut the mistakes down he can be a lot like Wilson and manage the game while the defense backs him up.
    So basically he's rustle wilson.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Well yeah, dumbass...I said that.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Well , Skip Bayless just said Houston had the best draft.

We're ed.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Watson was on a loaded team with talent overwhelming everyone else. He's a horrible decision maker and has a very average arm. He maybe worse than Bortles. Hope He fails obviously because if the Texans find a way to hide his flaws the Division will easily be there's.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Watson was on a loaded team with talent overwhelming everyone else. He's a horrible decision maker and has a very average arm. He maybe worse than Bortles. Hope He fails obviously because if the Texans find a way to hide his flaws the Division will easily be there's.
    well it won't be yours, because bortles and the ol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    well it won't be yours, because bortles and the ol
    yup. bortles is arguably the worst starting qb in the league. jags have all that talent on their team but won't have anything to show for it because of their qb.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    yup. bortles is arguably the worst starting qb in the league. jags have all that talent on their team but won't have anything to show for it because of their qb.
    Really their talent is all on defense. They have big names on the DL (not sure on actual production though), one great corner and a great MLB who they don't play enough.

Their offense and special teams are bad. Even their receivers are just... average.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Some things from the first week of camp:

Savage has looked the part so far. He and Hopkins worked together a lot in the offseason and it shows. He gets through his progressions quickly and has shown some ability to adjust play calls at the line of scrimmage depending on the look the defense gives him. Watson has thrown the ball well, but as expected the speed of the game is going to be an adjustment for him. He's had several instances where he held the ball way too long in the pocket or was too quick to out to the edge.

Hopkins has looked phenomenal. He's caught everything that has gotten close to him. He's really going to have to have an elite season to keep this offense moving down the field. Braxton Miller is healthy and looking good in the slot. Having Welker on staff has helped both guys out and should continue to pay dividends throughout the season.

The thunder and lightning duo of Foreman and Miller is already taking shape. Foreman had a bit of a knock on him coming out of Texas that for his size, he would shy from contact. All reports indicate he is doing anything but that...running hard between the tackles and punishing defenders who go head up with him. Tyler Ervin has earned praise from O'Brien for his first week. The Swiss Army knife back is starting to show why the Texans took him in the 4th round...catching the ball well out of the backfield and using his speed to make the defense pay for trying to cover him with a LB.

The Oline is looking much better...and a big part of that is having Nick Martin back. He was highly touted as the long term started when he was drafted last year and now that he's healthy, he's showing why. During team drills he's giving DJ Reader all he can handle and Reader broke out last season as one of the better nose tackles in the league.

As it has been widely advertised, the front seven of this defense looks like one of the scariest this league has seen in a long time. Watt is going full speed with no lingering effects showing from the back injury and Clowney is doing Clowney things...regularly embarrassing the out of just about anyone who lines up in front of him. McKinney has drawn praise this from O'Brien this first week too and is now looking like one of the vets in his third year. I have no idea how any team is going to be able to block all of these guys. From a depth standpoint, OLB's Dylan Cole and Brennan Scarlett have impressed and have a good shot at making the team and being rotation guys. Cole is really one to watch...as he fits well in today's NFL at OLB(6'0 240lbs, 4.5 40, 32 reps on the bench, 39 in vertical) and should help immediately on special teams. In coverage he ran stride for stride several times with Akeem Hunt...which very few LB's can do.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    djohn2oo8

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    djohn2oo8

what are the rookies he's been around

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    djohn2oo8

I'm sure he is. He played in an elite college program and played in a lot of big games. But I still think unless Savage gets hurt he sits a year...which is preferable. He still has a ways to go learning the offense and catching up the speed at this level.

Thread Information