Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    everything

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I'm actually a impressed that he's still in the league. I wonder how likely it was at all that the three USC LBs coming out that year remain productive players

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Cleveland feels pretty good right now. Houston looked like trash and the Browns own their first and second round picks.

Overall Cleveland has 2 first round pick a, 3 second round picks, 1 third, 2 fourths, 2 fifths, and 2 sixths

If Kizer shows well... They'll be in decent shape

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    Sorry about your boy Savage. He doing ok?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Houston is a mega dumpster fire this year, like 2013. I actually think they win tomorrow, but if they don't,

Go Bungles tbh

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    so jaelen strong, how bad has he been. what was he supposed to be? jags just claimed him

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    so jaelen strong, how bad has he been. what was he supposed to be? jags just claimed him
    He's a decent possession receiver but he has no speed

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    congrats to the texans fan base. i might actually watch y'alls game this year. snagged the best qb in the draft and picked up my boy d'onte.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    He's the truth. Crow has never tasted so good.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    They FINALLY have a QB, now when Cushing, Watt return and another draft/free agents....hmmmm?

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Now Christian Covington is gone for the season too.

Houston doesn't need to worry too much about their record this year. Just get Watson the experience, shore up the secondary/Oline in the offseason and bring a healthy squad back next year.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah this kid is gonna be a top 5 QB next year. Crazy how banged up their defense is now that they have him.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Bill O'Brien must be the happiest man in Houston today. Thanks to the Astros, everyone's already forgotten about his pussy playcalling that cost the Texans a win.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    They FINALLY have a QB, now when Cushing, Watt return and another draft/free agents....hmmmm?

All I see is an RGIII clone. If he had Andy Ried as his coach I'd be more intrigued but lets not get all hot and bothered over a rookie QB basically getting lucky on a few deep balls. Seattle's defense is on the down slope and they still sacked and picked him off multiple times. Watson is a one read option QB. I like his potential though and it would be cool if he improved on reading defenses and not telegraphing every pass. His athleticism gets him out of trouble sometimes but he'll have to be a more cerebral QB or else he's going to be starting for the browns in a couple of years. Any decent defense that can cover will have a field day with this kid as he holds the ball forever and or makes bad decisions on the regular. Having said all that I'd still take him over bortles.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    All I see is an RGIII clone. If he had Andy Ried as his coach I'd be more intrigued but lets not get all hot and bothered over a rookie QB basically getting lucky on a few deep balls. Seattle's defense is on the down slope and they still sacked and picked him off multiple times. Watson is a one read option QB. I like his potential though and it would be cool if he improved on reading defenses and not telegraphing every pass. His athleticism gets him out of trouble sometimes but he'll have to be a more cerebral QB or else he's going to be starting for the browns in a couple of years. Any decent defense that can cover will have a field day with this kid as he holds the ball forever and or makes bad decisions on the regular. Having said all that I'd still take him over bortles.
    If he played for the jags you'd lick his balls. Just stop. I've literally watched him go through progressions and make the right throw, at the right time, on the money, over and over. The kid is amazing and will only get better. Leagues better than RGKnee.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    If he played for the jags you'd lick his balls. Just stop. I've literally watched him go through progressions and make the right throw, at the right time, on the money, over and over. The kid is amazing and will only get better. Leagues better than RGKnee.
    I clearly said I liked his potential and would take him over Bortles dumbass. Don’t get butt hurt because I call like I see it. His a decent run threat option qb. RgIII performed beautifully in his rookie season with all that option and misdirection bull . But when it was time to grow up and read a defense and play qb like a grown man he faltered. Watson can avoid that if he cuts the read option dependency and reads through a defense and multiple route progressions. Right now he’s throwing to open receivers and he’s clearly waiting a long time for those we to get open. That time will not be there against more stout defenses. He will need to be able to anticipate the wr and make timely throws. This is something he struggled with in college and made mistakes. The Texans don’t have a great pass blocking oline and he’ll be hurt running around. It’s a matter of time before opposing defensises key in on his tendencies and make him look foolish. But if his coaches coach him up and build around that line he might be pretty good. It’s not surprising when young athletic run oriented qbs come in and have early success. Even Blake Bortles threw 35 passes in essentially his rookie season. It eventually if they don’t adjust they usually always fail.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    Houston dumped Duane Brown for Jeremy Lane and a 5th and a 2nd round pick. Not a bad deal for Houston at all. They badly need to shore up the secondary and getting a second along with that is a nice return for still good but malcontented, aging lineman.

My Team
    Houston Oilers
    Post Count
    So Jeremy Lane failed his physical...now a 3rd round pick has been added to the trade instead of a 5th. So a 3rd next year and a 2nd the year after. Still a nice haul.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Watson has played well so far, but a lot of these young read-option QBs get exposed once the league has enough tape on them. Only time will tell if the hype is justified.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I clearly said I liked his potential and would take him over Bortles dumbass. Don’t get butt hurt because I call like I see it. His a decent run threat option qb. RgIII performed beautifully in his rookie season with all that option and misdirection bull . But when it was time to grow up and read a defense and play qb like a grown man he faltered. Watson can avoid that if he cuts the read option dependency and reads through a defense and multiple route progressions. Right now he’s throwing to open receivers and he’s clearly waiting a long time for those we to get open. That time will not be there against more stout defenses. He will need to be able to anticipate the wr and make timely throws. This is something he struggled with in college and made mistakes. The Texans don’t have a great pass blocking oline and he’ll be hurt running around. It’s a matter of time before opposing defensises key in on his tendencies and make him look foolish. But if his coaches coach him up and build around that line he might be pretty good. It’s not surprising when young athletic run oriented qbs come in and have early success. Even Blake Bortles threw 35 passes in essentially his rookie season. It eventually if they don’t adjust they usually always fail.
    RG3 and Watson aren't comparable. At all. Other than skin color of course.

I'd say the style of offense is more comparable to what the Eagles do.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Watson has played well so far, but a lot of these young read-option QBs get exposed once the league has enough tape on them. Only time will tell if the hype is justified.
    A lot........??? Who?

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    RG3 and Watson aren't comparable. At all. Other than skin color of course.

I'd say the style of offense is more comparable to what the Eagles do.
    Im talking about how they both impressed and excelled in their rookie seasons. Don't get me wrong Watson is looking very good for what hes doing right now. My comparison comes in when you acknowledge the fact that the offense is a simple one to defend due to the fact the QB is not running a complex offense. All hes being asked to do is make one read and hand off or pass to his main target on a given play call. The real question is what will Watson do when that main pass option is covered and the running lanes are plugged. Will he resort to running or will he be able to know where the holes are at in the secondary due to reading and breaking down what the defense is showing? By the looks of it on two of his INTS against Seattle he's not reading the defense he's simply passing to the main target on the play call. This is what ed RGIII. Once NFL defenses shut that down because they knew what he wanted to do RGIII could not react quickly and it cost him.

The same can be said about Kaepernick. He looked fantastic that first year and it fooled a lot of people. Mainly the 49ers them selves. They ate that up. Paid him a 100 mil contract, traded the true star and QB who mind you was having a career year til he got injured in Alex Smith. In comes Kaepernick with the Run/pass read option bull and it looked unstoppable. I remember seeing kaep pass these beautiful deep balls to wide open receivers for big gains and TD's. Sounds like Watson is going through the same thing now. What Texans fans should hope for is they Get Watson away from that style of play and have him use his athletic ability like a Steve McNair. Hes the one QB that had that down. Steve would scan the field read the defense tuck the ball and jog for 6 yards out of bounds. Then come back read the defense and pass for 8 yards and get the first down. All day long. If Houston lets this go on and believe that the NFL wont catch on, they're going to ruin the out of him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Im talking about how they both impressed and excelled in their rookie seasons. Don't get me wrong Watson is looking very good for what hes doing right now. My comparison comes in when you acknowledge the fact that the offense is a simple one to defend due to the fact the QB is not running a complex offense. All hes being asked to do is make one read and hand off or pass to his main target on a given play call. The real question is what will Watson do when that main pass option is covered and the running lanes are plugged. Will he resort to running or will he be able to know where the holes are at in the secondary due to reading and breaking down what the defense is showing? By the looks of it on two of his INTS against Seattle he's not reading the defense he's simply passing to the main target on the play call. This is what ed RGIII. Once NFL defenses shut that down because they knew what he wanted to do RGIII could not react quickly and it cost him.

The same can be said about Kaepernick. He looked fantastic that first year and it fooled a lot of people. Mainly the 49ers them selves. They ate that up. Paid him a 100 mil contract, traded the true star and QB who mind you was having a career year til he got injured in Alex Smith. In comes Kaepernick with the Run/pass read option bull and it looked unstoppable. I remember seeing kaep pass these beautiful deep balls to wide open receivers for big gains and TD's. Sounds like Watson is going through the same thing now. What Texans fans should hope for is they Get Watson away from that style of play and have him use his athletic ability like a Steve McNair. Hes the one QB that had that down. Steve would scan the field read the defense tuck the ball and jog for 6 yards out of bounds. Then come back read the defense and pass for 8 yards and get the first down. All day long. If Houston lets this go on and believe that the NFL wont catch on, they're going to ruin the out of him.
    Or McNabb.

Good post(s), I agree. That's what I'm scared of...having Dak regress like RGKnee did. Fortunately he moves around looking to pass before anything else, tbh.

My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Or McNabb.

Good post(s), I agree. That's what I'm scared of...having Dak regress like RGKnee did. Fortunately he moves around looking to pass before anything else, tbh.
    Dak has the fortune of having a great oline affording him time to scan the field. Another season and Dak should be able to read the defense before the play and have two passing lanes picked out in his mind. If Dak gets to that level he'll be able to play quick and smart. Dak seems like a great prospect.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count
    benefactor

Rick Smith's wife diagnosed with breast Cancer. Texans likely to replace as GM.

Thread Information