My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shannon is correct. Russ with 4 total 4th quarter assists for the series, in 4 games. Russ with zero points in the 3rd but his team maintained the lead despite that. Russ 10 for 28 but the team was hot.

Russ has no help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharon also pissed Skip off whe n he said LeBron can retire as the GOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to shot myself listening to that Ignorant fool.

Westbrook is a +51 in the series. Is he an undeserved MVP..yeah maybe.

But this isnt a series he should be critisized for specially when Houston is playing much better without Harden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUP !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing I have a problem here is...they going to reward 1 man team mvps? then garnett should have more t hen 1 mvp back in the day as a wolve

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only thing I have a problem here is...they going to reward 1 man team mvps? then garnett should have more t hen 1 mvp back in the day as a wolve
    It's a media thing, like a promotion for the NBA which is a promotion for NBA sponsors.

Example:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted to shot myself listening to that Ignorant fool.

Westbrook is a +51 in the series. Is he an undeserved MVP..yeah maybe.

But this isnt a series he should be critisized for specially when Houston is playing much better without Harden
    No one is saying Russ isn't a difference maker, he's a big one. Only how valuable is a 1st round exit? You knew RW wasn't going to get past Houston, and they won 1 game, at home, narrowly. So he's valuable in terms of making the team watchable, and making it a dark horse for being dangerous (think Dallas/GS level dangerous) but he's not valuable enough to make a difference in the fate of the team. That's why low seeds should never have MVP awards given. You look at the best players on the best teams.

Russ is better than Harden. He's better than a lot of PGs in the league, but then so is Lillard. The Blazers made the playoffs without their all star big as well.

The problem is Russ isn't on a team that matters, so his output doesn't matter. If he still had KD and he put up those numbers and they landed at the top of the West, sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a media thing, like a promotion for the NBA which is a promotion for NBA sponsors.

Example:

ESPN going all in teat milking on this dead animal. Get all the sponsor milk you can, this thing is a carcass now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even the year Kirby avg 35ppg+, loss in the first round to phoenix, he didn't win mvp

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even the year Kirby avg 35ppg+, loss in the first round to phoenix, he didn't win mvp
    That's who I compare Russ to. He's basically a smaller Kobe and is in the same situation Kobe was in from '04-'08. Which is he's going to score a lot of points but his team is going to get bounced every year in the first round unless they pull off a Gasol like trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's who I compare Russ to. He's basically a smaller Kobe and is in the same situation Kobe was in from '04-'08. Which is he's going to score a lot of points but his team is going to get bounced every year in the first round unless they pull off a Gasol like trade.
    Russ isn't even close to prime Kobe. Kobe was an assassin from almost anywhere on the floor and didn't shoot 18 3s a night. Russ doesn't have the moves Kobe has. Russ has two moves really, the bowling ball dive to the rim (with great finishing finesse) and the 90" vertical short range jumpshot that he seems to never miss. If Russ would stay away from the 3pt line and only take the short range jumpers, he's probably unstoppable. As it stands, he stops himself just because he never wants to lose on anyone's shot but his. He didn't even trust KD when KD was the best shooter in the league. That's pretty bad. Kobe would have passed to KD, but not many others.

It wasn't until like 2004 that Kobe became a detriment, because that's when he started thinking he was a bigger part of the Lakers than Shaq, and thought shot attempts were his en lement. Kobe wanted to win though, he wasn't nearly as concerned with petty awards as Russ, but he's close enough to compare them as long as you don't get carried away by calling a 2 time Finals MVP and 5 time champ the same as a guy who never won and just got ousted by a crippled James Harden in the 1st round.

Thread Information