Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesnt have alot of coordination. Hes afraid of it getting stripped down low so chucks it. He should work out with Randolph in the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As already stated, cannot hate the dude he is battling on Defense like but yeah when your second best offensive player is a 34 y/o Parker you are in trouble tbh

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say LMa has been our second best player. Just my the sheer amount of time he plays on the floor. He is average on offense but consistent on defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Criticism is well deserved. He does compete on defense so he's hard to hate (hate is a strong word. One can criticize a player and not hate, a concept that's missed here often as trolls either love blindly or hate blindly). Anyways, I actually tend to dislike guys who play no defense (not a Lee fan for example but I do wish him the best as he's very skilled offensively).
    Anyways, Lamarcus game on offense tends to be limited and he's a very poor passer out of doubles whether bc of lack of low bbiq or being soft. He's playing like a role player, which won't get it done at times role players are off, shooters have a cold stretch, etc. At times he disappears too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA just needs to be dominant against GSW. Yes we will need him against Houston...but punishing GSW is what matters most. They don't have an answer for him and criticizing his play in that series would be fair if he doesn't play well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^ I think he needs to be dominant vs Memphis.

Need we be reminded we were up 3-2 vs the Clippers in 2015?
    Up 2-1 vs Billy Donovan and OKC?

I don't consider this series over. We could still be Popped.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really dont mind him not scoring alot because he gets worried and starts fighting hard. I think other guys respond to that like Mills. Just a feeling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA has been this way his whole career. He can play inside, but instead relies on his jumper. He was just getting twice the shots in Portland, and his jumper was more money then, so it inflated his offensive numbers.

Even I'll admit that he hasn't been the max guy that we thought we were getting...but he is still doing an admirable job and is under-rated around here. He is really putting in the work on defense and on the boards, and he is still a threat to go off in any game. Now he can even step out and stretch the floor a bit.

If he could put in a consistent 15 PPG and be a factor on both ends, I'd take that over him scoring 20 PPG and half-assing it everywhere else.

If he could do both...well that would be really really nice, but the world isn't a perfect place sometimes.
    Last edited by Dex; 04-26-2017 at 12:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not worried.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Refs have allowed both ZBo and Gasol to push and shove all the time when any Spurs big, mainly LMA, is trying to establish a position in the post. This is why in the halfcourt offense by the time the ball gets to LMA he's already pushed closer to the 3 point line than to the rim. I'm sure if they get called a couple of times now Fizdale will throw a tantrum again but that's very blatant and they get away with it every time.
    THIS!!!! and our coaches feel like they are too high brow to call it out, but if you dont, the refs are gonna just assume you dont think it's a problem...they MAUL LA everytime he touches the ball down low...with that said, he needs to BANG them down low because ZBO cant handle him in the post...and gasol will never leave his feet...LA gets trapped trying to pump fake gasol, when he needs to just take it into his chest...i dont even think gasol is averaging a block a game for this series...

i must say though...LA has been rebounding like a BEAST at crucial times...he just needs to keep it up the whole game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THIS!!!! and our coaches feel like they are too high brow to call it out, but if you dont, the refs are gonna just assume you dont think it's a problem...they MAUL LA everytime he touches the ball down low...with that said, he needs to BANG them down low because ZBO cant handle him in the post...and gasol will never leave his feet...LA gets trapped trying to pump fake gasol, when he needs to just take it into his chest...i dont even think gasol is averaging a block a game for this series...

i must say though...LA has been rebounding like a BEAST at crucial times...he just needs to keep it up the whole game
    LMA got Gasol to bite on a pump fake last night and drew two three throws from it.

I know that's just one example but...never say never.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see the pic, but I'm guessing a "that's what she said" joke?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA got Gasol to bite on a pump fake last night and drew two three throws from it.

I know that's just one example but...never say never.
    LA got lucky Marc bit on that fake, hes usually smarter than that. LA needs to have a better repertoire of moves. Despite that he had a great game though.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see the pic, but I'm guessing a "that's what she said" joke?
    Agggggghhhh yeah it showed up when I inserted it but when I clicked 'post reply', it disappeared

It was a Michael Scott gif

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This soft player will never step up.

He's a mental midget.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks putting excuses for LMA on this thread.

" b...but that Grizzlies frontcourt "

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this be the reason Portland always got bounced

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good match up for him, too physical...

If we pass the grizz, he'll be the man of the next series.
    He will pay dividends when he's not battling monsters down low. Also, I was very encouraged with some of his aggression. He's trying to rip the rim down and being more assertive.
    Yall don't get it that Zbo and Marc Gasol are a mean ing tandem. That team is really just a Paul George away from being dangerous. Rudy Gay didn't do it, but Paul George would make them scary because he's also a great defender. Imagine having George, Allen, Gasol, Zbo and Conley on the floor. You couldn't score.
    He's been good, I think. Sure, he's not had offensive explosions, but he's the only consistent big, both on offense and defense. He's the second best scorer, leading rebounder, has had only a couple of turnovers for the whole series, while at same time defending against the Gasol-Randolph front line, which he's done quite well too. Also, one thing he always does when switched on guards is to try to defend the shot, instead of going for the rebound. Watching Gobert, for example, he constantly let the Clippers guards to shoot open mid range Js and just turned his back on them and went to chase the rebound.

I think he's actually been very physical and not allowed to be pushed around by these two. There's hardly a more physical front line they'd get to play against in the playoffs.
    Love LMA's D. Would love more offense from him but he's literally going against a former DPOY every possession; gotta be real with what we expect from him on that end.
    I think he's been fine all things considered. That frontline hes going up against is no joke.
    Considering how much Z-Bo cheats when the ball is in the air (never seen a player get away with more shoves to the other guy's necks), LMA's been fine. It's hard to fault the Spurs' top three options right now.
    Not realizing it wasn't a matchup problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's looked awful; no spin on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not realizing it wasn't a matchup problem.
    Not saying anything about it till now because you're a pussy

Sure it's a matchup problem. It's always a matchup problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not saying anything about it till now because you're a pussy

Sure it's a matchup problem. It's always a matchup problem.
    The does that suppose to mean? I said all this during the Grizzlies series. How ing slow can you be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The does that suppose to mean? I said all this during the Grizzlies series. How ing slow can you be?
    From the "Dream Offseason" thread..

-Tim comes back.
    -Manu comes back (reduced 15/20 minutes role with less ball-handling responsibilities).
    -Resign Danny, Belli and Baynes.
    -Sign Aldridge.
    -Hope Parker can regain his form.
    -Develop Kyle Anderson and/or sign/draft a young athletic wing.
    -Sign/draft a stretch 4.
    -See what you can get from Tiago if nothing good comes up keep him as a backup center.

Tony/Patty/Joseph
    Green/Manu/Belli
    Leonard/Anderson/Wing
    Aldridge/Diaw/Stretch 4
    Duncan/Tiago/Baynes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the "Dream Offseason" thread..
    So? He was the biggest free agent name out there, of course getting him was great. His first season here he was pretty damn good, and this season he was decent enough.

He was definitely worth getting, despite how soft he is on the offensive end he is still by far our best bigman. And if anything, he still gives us value on any possible future trade we can get involving him.

That doesn't take away from the fact that he needs to find a way to stop being a ing cancer on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So? He was the biggest free agent name out there, of course getting him was great. His first season here he was pretty damn good, and this season he was decent enough.

He was definitely worth getting, despite how soft he is on the offensive end he is still by far our best bigman. And if anything, he still gives us value on any possible future trade we can get involving him.

That doesn't take away from the fact that he needs to find a way to stop being a ing cancer on offense.

"I said... I said.... I said"

You didn't want to claim that "I said" did ya?

Just checkin assholes, you was next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"I said... I said.... I said"

You didn't want to claim that "I said" did ya?

Just checkin assholes, you was next.
    Wow, you trully are one dumb ass human being, tbh.

What the does "Aldridge needs to step up" have to do with thinking getting Aldridge was the no-brainer move at the moment?

I still think it was the correct move, but let's pretend like I changed my mind and think getting Aldridge was not worth it at all. What does that have to do with the fact that I currently think he needs to step up on the offensive end and that I knew that the "matchup" thing wasn't really the reason he had a subpar offensive series in the first round?

Thread Information