Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can just play defense and score like 2pts and get 15 rebounds. Hope the Spurs get to 2nd round and he models his game to Big Ben

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Wallace was so much better than Dedmon at everything but midrange shooting that he can't be described in the same terms at all.

Dedmon should strive for being a poor man's Mahinmi

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon giveth, then Dedmon taketh away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dedmon... he likely celebrates too much for Pop's taste... lotsa chest bumpin'

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have the discipline and Defensive IQ to be an all-time great defender. You can't be an all time great defender relying on just athletisim. Dedman is way to "jumpy".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando foolishly gave up on both of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't have the discipline and Defensive IQ to be an all-time great defender. You can't be an all time great defender relying on just athletisim. Dedman is way to "jumpy".
    This is why pop loved Bonner. He never jumped, and was always standing in the right spot. Of course he couldn't rebound in traffic, block shots, or have any defensive impact down low, but hey he was always standing in the right place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess he relies too much on his athleticism. Guess Detroit will take him then. Had high hopes when he was signed by the Spurs but looks like he got exposed even before the Memphis series

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, Big Ben is HoF material

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadman the foul machine playing against the team leading the league in Free Throws, Houston? Yeah, no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Wallace was huge. Not just tall...like a ing behemoth.

Dedmon is gonna have to start eating a lot more Whataburger and hitting the gym more to even get in the same category as Big Ben.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Wallace was huge. Not just tall...like a ing behemoth.

Dedmon is gonna have to start eating a lot more Whataburger and hitting the gym more to even get in the same category as Big Ben.
    Big Ben is 6-9, listed at 240 on bkref. I thought I remembered him being somewhat undersized for a center. Still a fantastic defensive player. I couldn't find an official number on his wingspan but 7-2 is listed in a couple of places.

I always thought that Dedmon's ceiling would be a poor man's DeAndre Jordan, albeit with a much better FT stroke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Ben is 6-9, listed at 240 on bkref. I thought I remembered him being somewhat undersized for a center. Still a fantastic defensive player. I couldn't find an official number on his wingspan but 7-2 is listed in a couple of places.

I always thought that Dedmon's ceiling would be a poor man's DeAndre Jordan, albeit with a much better FT stroke.
    That's what I mean though. Big Ben wasn't just tall...because he wasn't really THAT tall by NBA bigman standards.

But he was just massive. Stocky base, huge arms, just all muscle. He didn't need to be tall because he'd just power through you.

Dedmon is tall...but he is lanky as . I'm really hoping he works on putting on some muscle over the summer. He needs some weight to throw around under the basket if he doesn't want to get boxed out and outworked for rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Deadman is trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too dark skinned, doesn't show up well on camera and not very intelligent. Mike Finley overcame it somehow but the Spurs like light skinned blacks.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's what I mean though. Big Ben wasn't just tall...because he wasn't really THAT tall by NBA bigman standards.

But he was just massive. Stocky base, huge arms, just all muscle. He didn't need to be tall because he'd just power through you.

Dedmon is tall...but he is lanky as . I'm really hoping he works on putting on some muscle over the summer. He needs some weight to throw around under the basket if he doesn't want to get boxed out and outworked for rebounds.
    I see, I misunderstood when you said he "wasn't just tall."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought of this too, and he has a jumper he can show occasionally and some hook shots I have seen.
    He needs to clean up his mistakes though.. that is where he's held back and I like his aggressiveness at the basket but sometimes he tries to jam stuff with 3 guys in the paint and he's blocked or stripped when he could pass the ball back out. I don't know why he doesn't ... but it's possible he's such a poor passer (some TO from him have him throwing the ball where there is no one... ) so maybe he just tries to draw a foul.. but let's forget any passing ability whatsoever, if he could limit his mistakes a bit.. he'd be fine for a rotation big in a championship team.. as it is with mistakes added on top of his limitations on offense, we see where he's at: In the deep bench.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    a better question: why is this a thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deadman the foul machine playing against the team leading the league in Free Throws, Houston? Yeah, no.
    This

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought of this too, and he has a jumper he can show occasionally and some hook shots I have seen.
    He needs to clean up his mistakes though.. that is where he's held back and I like his aggressiveness at the basket but sometimes he tries to jam stuff with 3 guys in the paint and he's blocked or stripped when he could pass the ball back out. I don't know why he doesn't ... but it's possible he's such a poor passer (some TO from him have him throwing the ball where there is no one... ) so maybe he just tries to draw a foul.. but let's forget any passing ability whatsoever, if he could limit his mistakes a bit.. he'd be fine for a rotation big in a championship team.. as it is with mistakes added on top of his limitations on offense, we see where he's at: In the deep bench.
    Also this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a better question: why is this a thread?
    this should be the first response to all your threads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets called for bull fouls all game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand. Deadmon IS a poor man's Ben Wallace. A broke-assed, homeless, derelict man's Ben Wallace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy is the best rim protector in the league, who has improved his finishing. Once he learns to stay groundbound more and go straight up when necessary, he'll be a monster. Anyone that started playing organised ball at 18 is still learning the game, let alone learning the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben had a higher basketball IQ then Dedmon. Ben knew when to rotate on defense and could guard pick and rolls along with switching on screens much better than Dedmon. Dedmon also has a tendency to rack up a lot of stupid fouls through out the game which is something Ben rarely did. I think Dedmon can be a defensive anchor but he has to get smarter and stop fouling too easily.

Thread Information