My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Infamous drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman has a fortune of roughly $14 billion, and Sen. Ted Cruz thinks that will go a long way toward building the wall at the Mexican border "even in the face of Democratic obstruction."

"Yesterday I filed the El Chapo Act, that provides that if El Chapo is convicted, you know, the famed Mexican drug lord, the estimates are that his criminal fortune is roughly about $14 billion," the Texas Republican and one-time presidential candidate told Fox News' "Fox & Friends" program.
    Coincidentally, the estimates for the cost to build a wall range from $14-20 billion," he continued. "My legislation provides that if those assets are forfeited, though assets from El Chapo will go directly to building a wall and to securing the border."

Guzman led the drug cartels, said Cruz, which are the ones crossing the border to smuggle narcotics, engage in human trafficking, and are engaging in murder and extortion, and seizing his wealth to build a wall would bring a "sense of justice."

"A sense of this is [this is] what's right to say the people who are violating the border like crazy," said Cruz. "We should use their ill-gotten gains to finally build the wall and finally ensure we have the assets to secure our border."

Guzman's assets are scattered worldwide, said Cruz, but the U.S. government has extradited him from Mexico and is proceeding with a criminal prosecution.

"The first step is to convict him," said Cruz. "Once he's convicted, the government is seeking the forfeiture of $14 billion and the government will go and prove where the assets are, and go forward with forfeiture, following a conviction."

Ordinarily, seized funds go to the U.S. Treasury for certain uses, but border security is not among them, said Cruz.

"My legislation is very simple. It says El Chapo's assets, and for that matter, any other drug cartels whose assets are forfeited, their money would go to building the wall and keeping the border secure and keeping the country safe," said Cruz.

President Donald Trump has sought $1.2 billion from the pending budget to start the wall construction, but said this week he'd be willing to put the measure on hold until September in order to avoid a government shutdown this weekend.

But Cruz said there is still a "radical left base" in the Senate that has other Democrats "terrified."

"It's the reason a couple weeks ago that they filibustered Neil Gorsuch, the first partisan filibuster of a Supreme Court justice in history," said Cruz. "[Senate Minority Leader] Chuck Schumer's left wing radical base is demanding that they oppose everything. I think they are trying to provoke a fight.

"Schumer is just trying to put more and more unreasonable demands, trying to force a shutdown to apiece those who want total resistance, total opposition who don't want the Trump administration to succeed."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Booger Ted going full re .

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But Cruz said there is still a "radical left base" in the Senate that has other Democrats "terrified."

"It's the reason a couple weeks ago that they filibustered Neil Gorsuch, the first partisan filibuster of a Supreme Court justice in history," said Cruz. "[Senate Minority Leader] Chuck Schumer's left wing radical base is demanding that they oppose everything. I think they are trying to provoke a fight.

"Schumer is just trying to put more and more unreasonable demands, trying to force a shutdown to apiece those who want total resistance, total opposition who don't want the Trump administration to succeed."
    Lying Ted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nigas getting ideas from the interwebs and proposing them on national tv

what's next let's have Assad, Kim Jong and the Wolfman pay for our foreign debt?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about installing a tip jar on every mexican american neighborhood?

do it Ted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or how about a taco tax?

you eat a taco you pay 1c towards the wall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castro gunna castrate this nig in '18

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought this would be an Onion article

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh I pray this is true.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or how about a taco tax?

you eat a taco you pay 1c towards the wall
    San Antonio would have that covered before the end of this year's playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes, 2018 is going to be the year Texas turns blue? Just like 2014 and 2016?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yes, 2018 is going to be the year Texas turns blue? Just like 2014 and 2016?

Anyone that has a clue should know that if Texas was ever going to go blue its in the Trump era.

Trump won Texas by 9 points where he should have won it by 30 or more. Same reason why the special election in Kansas District 4 was as close as it was and why Georgia District 6 was almost won outright by a democrat which is now going to go to a runoff.

Guy hasn't even decided to run though.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/04...as-senate-run/

But interestingly enough a poll shows him beating Cruz...barely.

"A recent poll conducted by the Texas Lyceum showed Castro beating Cruz 35% to 31% and Cruz and O’Rourke tied at 30%."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoever wrote this article can't spell appease?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chuck Schumer's left wing radical base is demanding that they oppose everything. I think they are trying to provoke a fight.
    where'd they get that idea from?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castro will not run.
    http://m.mysanantonio.com/news/local...witter-desktop

Beto or bust.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Most likely bust)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say goodbye to whatever chance the dems had at that seat.

I get why he passed though. He has loftier ideas in the house.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say goodbye to whatever chance the dems had at that seat.

I get why he passed though. He has loftier ideas in the house.
    He passed because Cruz would have beaten him by 15+ points.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    asshole Krazy Kruz is unpopular in the Senate among the GOP assholes, and unpopular in TX with rightwingnut assholes. He might carry then TX Christian Taliban but they are as crazy

I bet GOP is looking for someone to primary KK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    asshole Krazy Kruz is unpopular in the Senate among the GOP assholes, and unpopular in TX with rightwingnut assholes. He might carry then TX Christian Taliban but they are as crazy

I bet GOP is looking for someone to primary KK
    The guy who beat Trump by 17 points in the Texas primary last year is going to get primaried?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP hates KK, any other TX Senator would be preferable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California RESISTING

Blacklisted For Building Trump's Wall? California Considers It

Democrats at the state level are getting increasingly elaborate in their efforts to oppose President Trump at every turn. You might even say they're trolling him.

And nowhere is that more evident than in several blue-state efforts to hinder or outright block the president's long-promised southern border wall.

In California, for example, state lawmakers are debating whether to blacklist contractors who help build the president's proposed border wall.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/02/526514203/states-move-to-blacklist-southern-border-wall-contractors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ted Cruz

"As of today, US authorities have not found not even one dollar of El Chapo's assets," Mexican Attorney General Raul Cervantes said in an interview with top local broadcaster Televisa, according to Reuters.

Mexican authorities said they have only found minor assets of the notorious drug kingpin.

“His money hasn’t been found, because he didn’t use the financial system,” Cervantes added.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looking under mattresses and in outhouses across mexico to pay for your wall

Thread Information