Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First casualty of Trumps "America First" policy: thousands of construction jobs in the US, and US homebuyers who will pay thousands of extra dollars for their homes.

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/04/...da-new-tariffs
    Trump administration hits Canada with new tariffs
    The Commerce Department announced new tariffs of 3 percent to 24 percent on Canadian lumber companies, saying the Canadian government unfairly subsidizes the industry. Some American companies will have to pay the fee retroactively for orders delivered in the last 90 days. This debate has been ongoing for decades, and Canada denies it unfairly supports its lumber industry. Meanwhile, U.S. homebuilders said the new tariffs will increase the price of construction.
    A long standing gripe goes into the tube as the first s lobbed at one of our trading partners.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol too scared to piss off China or Russia, so he picks on Canada instead. What a .

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    granada better watch their asses, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently they lost the war with mexico by losing their fishing trade war so they are probably just turning around and trying somewhere else

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canada won't want to be fwiends when this is all over, but MAYBE, just MAYBE we can be guys or buddies.

There will always be contractors and there will always be new homes built. A huge e in gas didn't prevent the resurgence in SUVs after the audience accepted the market, huge bubbles about to burst again isn't stopping people from buying and building new homes. Plus, Canada.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    's ok. Canada is soaking American milk producers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    's ok. Canada is soaking American milk producers.
    To some extent.

One has to wonder what we can do to help Wisconsin and other border states.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah..Pretty tough on them right now...Especially since their production is currently at near record levels. Abundant supply might be actually hurting them now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah..Pretty tough on them right now...Especially since their production is currently at near record levels. Abundant supply might be actually hurting them now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...123658037.html
    The Republican leader announced he would “address” Canadian milk imports and would allow US farmers to "start selling milk in our country.”

However his claims have been lambasted as making “no sense at all”, with many highlighting the minimal amount of Canadian dairy exported to the US - estimated at $112.6 million (£87m) in 2016 compared to the $631.6 million (£493m) of US dairy exports to Canada.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trudeau is a Globalist feminist cuck who enjoys flooding his country with radical Islamic terrorists to wreak havoc. He's working on a Carbon tax for the Canadian faithful

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trudeau is a Globalist feminist cuck who enjoys flooding his country with radical Islamic terrorists to wreak havoc. He's working on a Carbon tax for the Canadian faithful
    Boycott Canada!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this payback for bieber?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be careful bro, i heard trump won because liberals were guilty of too much namecalling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be careful bro, i heard trump won because liberals were guilty of too much namecalling
    No they were guilty of burying their heads in the sand just like Islam.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Typical neocon towing the company line with this overreaction. How did Republicans do last time they had control of all three branches? (Insert dumpster fire picture).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UPDATE:

Coal Caught in U.S.-Canada Lumber Trade War Sends Stocks Sliding

U.S. coal has become entangled in a trade war between the U.S. and Canada over lumber.
    British Columbia Premier Christy Clark urged Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in an open letter Wednesday to ban U.S. coal shipments from the country’s westernmost province in retaliation for the Trump administration’s new tariffs on softwood lumber. The move sent Canadian export terminal operator Westshore Terminals Investment Corp. and U.S. miner Cloud Peak Energy Inc. plunging on Wednesday.

“I told British Columbians that I would use every tool at our disposal to ensure we get a fair deal on softwood lumber,” Clark said in the letter. “Friends and trading partners cooperate,” she said, and “clearly, the United States is taking a different approach.”

The call for a coal ban underscores the tensions flaring between the two governments over everything from lumber, to the North American Free Trade Agreement, to the dairy industry. It also comes at a time when Canadian terminals have grown in importance for U.S. miners looking to get their coal to Asian markets. Export projects on the U.S. West Coast have been stalled by environmentalists, limiting their options. President Donald Trump has repeatedly vowed to help revive the U.S. coal industry.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...mpId=flipboard

Don't see it happening, but it does underscore the hazards.

LOL Donny's quick about face on exiting NAFTA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...&ocid=1PRCDEFE

A Calmer Mexico Sees Trump Anew: as a ‘Bluffer’ at the Poker Table
    Antonio Garza, a former United States ambassador to Mexico, called Mr. Trump’s possible executive order “hardball,” adding, “It’s probably not the way to deal with a counterparty that is both a longtime trading partner and critical to so many security, immigration and counterterrorism initiatives.”

Some speculated that Mr. Trump may have been trying to look tough to appeal to his voting base, particularly considering his mixed record in achieving his goals as the 100-day mark of his term approaches.

“Clearly, in Mexico, this should be seen as a type of tantrum of a spoiled child who did not get the presents he expected for his birthday, for the 100 days,” said Rafael Fernández de Castro, an expert on United States-Mexico relations at the Autonomous Technological Ins ute of Mexico in Mexico City.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Fake news as usual. MSM has become a joke.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    got strikes again with another one of his one liner wonders.

"MAGA"
    "fake news! "
    "build the wall! "
    "i love cawk! "

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    trump's all time ty approval ratings: "rigged! hacked! fake news! "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gonna kick your asses with hockey sticks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trump's all time ty approval ratings: "rigged! hacked! fake news! "
    Don't doubt him, he's been right about some of his "crazy" theories. That Obama wiretapping him thing and the FISA warrant that proved him right makes him more credible than the Russia/Trump truthers.

And he is kind of right with the word "rigging". Of course any poll performed by Liberal media that has a personal vendetta against him, and New Fox really, really does, because he beat their candidate in a rigged election and is now telling them to themselves, so of course it's going to be skewed to their advantage and they know who and where they called to perform this poll, so in a sense, it is "rigged".

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    on brand.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Don't doubt him, he's been right about some of his "crazy" theories. That Obama wiretapping him thing and the FISA warrant that proved him right makes him more credible than the Russia/Trump truthers.

And he is kind of right with the word "rigging". Of course any poll performed by Liberal media that has a personal vendetta against him, and New Fox really, really does, because he beat their candidate in a rigged election and is now telling them to themselves, so of course it's going to be skewed to their advantage and they know who and where they called to perform this poll, so in a sense, it is "rigged".
    this is the same dude who said elections were rigged until he won then it was totally fair...c'mon son, it's not healthy to blindly follow anyone and slurp down their every word like sfan1000 over there tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is the same dude who said elections were rigged until he won then it was totally fair...c'mon son, it's not healthy to blindly follow anyone and slurp down their every word like sfan1000 over there tbh

I'm not slurping him. I'm stating on objective fact about him being right while the Left being wrong.

But whatevs. Kim Il is the better sock dictator anyways.

Thread Information