That's not including other revenue areas.

That's massive for a 16 team league.

I have no idea how the Clubs share all that Money, but without a cap..bigger teams who not only get a big share of 1 billion dollar yearly, but also a massive investment support..they're going tp have spending power north of 80 million every year.

These chinese Clubs are going to aggressively buy every superstar.

Only thing stoppong them now is Asias 3 + 2 rule. It wouldnt surprise me to see a country as influential as China eliminate that foreign players rule though.

They're punching way above their current local talent in the Asian Champions league...Barely top 10 in Asia for National team but always making the semi-finals.

Maybe the next messi or Ronaldo ends up in china

With an in al that might be too big to say no to..Imagine as a rising star.
    not superstar yet..yoi get offered 700k a week. Lol game over.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi would fit right in

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    River Plate's striker, Alario, rejected quite a few millions to not play in China. Unless the marketibility of the league improves dramatically, no player with true aspiration will go there, no matter the money.

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count
    Messi would feel like a giant in China

River Plate's striker, Alario, rejected quite a few millions to not play in China. Unless the marketibility of the league improves dramatically, no player with true aspiration will go there, no matter the money.
    Money trumps aspirations all the time. If the offers become significantly larger, it would only be a matter of time.

The thing is, The Chinese Central Government themselves wants to turn it into a huge business. If Average players in Europe..guys that are mid-table level players make 150k a week, a chinese ball club offers 300k a week..more often that not, people would follpw suit.

If they reach something like a 7 billion dollar TV deal by 2025...and convince Asia tp get rid of the forgein cap rule...the offers are going to be bunkers.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Money trumps aspirations all the time. If the offers become significantly larger, it would only be a matter of time.

The thing is, The Chinese Central Government themselves wants to turn it into a huge business. If Average players in Europe..guys that are mid-table level players make 150k a week, a chinese ball club offers 300k a week..more often that not, people would follpw suit.

If they reach something like a 7 billion dollar TV deal by 2025...and convince Asia tp get rid of the forgein cap rule...the offers are going to be bunkers.
    They offered Alario European top star money, and the kid rejected it. Sure, the Asians can offer him more money than Messi and Ronaldo combined and Alario might take it, but that wouldn't be smart on the buyers part, tbh.

Untill the Chinese league gets more recognition they won't be able to atract top stars nor up and coming promises. Unless, as we have already said, they offer stupid crazy money, which I don't think they will, no matter how much money they have.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    Juventus FC
    Post Count
    Messi would fit right in

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    lol none of their teams can even win Asian champions league...whats the point of the tv deal, spending all this money, cant even win acl

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    lol none of their teams can even win Asian champions league...whats the point of the tv deal, spending all this money, cant even win acl
    patience son, all this money will do a lot of good for china, and indirectly for the entire asian conference. With great money you not only bring decent talent (old stars, young up and comers wanting some $$$, decent players wanting a payday) but you bring decent coaching and a ton of experience. They'll also divert a decent chunk to local development. You won't see results for the next 10-15 years, but after that asians might actually play football.

the government is all pro because they can deduct taxes from their favorite companies (their relatives..), they can showboat to their rivals (see my new misty) and also because it keeps the population busy. also it will lead to easy money laundering.

government wins - elites win - population wins - national football wins. it's a win-win-win-win thing and compared to the MLS it has a huge guaranteed market so it won't suck. china will benefit a lot from this and then the other countries in the area will benefit from compe ion, their players going to china, watching football at humane hours, etc.

patience tbh, these s are playing the long game.

Didnt they win three years ago? I understand that the irani, saudi, japan, korea leagues are all much stable with stable top clubs...but the chinese league potential is significantly bigger than those four leagues combined.

Granted I dont know the TV deal numbers for those leagues but its damn sure not 1 billion. Maybe 500$ million at best and they have to feed more teams in their top flights.

Like the chinese 4th best Club is probably more richer than the richest club in Japan, Korea, Iran, Saudi..

patience son, all this money will do a lot of good for china, and indirectly for the entire asian conference. With great money you not only bring decent talent (old stars, young up and comers wanting some $$$, decent players wanting a payday) but you bring decent coaching and a ton of experience. They'll also divert a decent chunk to local development. You won't see results for the next 10-15 years, but after that asians might actually play football.

the government is all pro because they can deduct taxes from their favorite companies (their relatives..), they can showboat to their rivals (see my new misty) and also because it keeps the population busy. also it will lead to easy money laundering.

government wins - elites win - population wins - national football wins. it's a win-win-win-win thing and compared to the MLS it has a huge guaranteed market so it won't suck. china will benefit a lot from this and then the other countries in the area will benefit from compe ion, their players going to china, watching football at humane hours, etc.

patience tbh, these s are playing the long game.
    Yup.

The Central Government themselves made this plan too. Not just corporations throwing money.

But I will say this, China has to figure out a way to change the 3+2 rule in AFC. I know it's a rule designed to help the Asian players...but in order for all Asian Players to benefit from this rich league..They might have tp figure out a way make it a 3+5 rule or something.

I know there is very little chance AFC aggrees on increasing the cap for players outside AFC so the first step is to increase the cap for AFC players in the chinese league.

If they can hoarde all the Talent in Japan, South Korea and Middle East plus get the three best international players they can...it would turn into a strong league.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Yup.

The Central Government themselves made this plan too. Not just corporations throwing money.

But I will say this, China has to figure out a way to change the 3+2 rule in AFC. I know it's a rule designed to help the Asian players...but in order for all Asian Players to benefit from this rich league..They might have tp figure out a way make it a 3+5 rule or something.

I know there is very little chance AFC aggrees on increasing the cap for players outside AFC so the first step is to increase the cap for AFC players in the chinese league.

If they can hoarde all the Talent in Japan, South Korea and Middle East plus get the three best international players they can...it would turn into a strong league.
    baby steps and lots of bribes tbh. they'll get there. australia might greatly benefit as they are now considered an asian football country and so they might get a lot of double citizenship players if the AFC goes for X asians + Y other.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    china aint qualifying for anyway...whether its worldcup or Asian cup ...

they better hope all t hat American debt interest they receive goto fifa to increase the automatic qualified teams to 48, cause that's the only way they going to qualify for worldcup...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Carrasco to China

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Carrasco to China
    money talks son, I told y'all that simple economics dictate the future on this one. Chinese people are good at skill games as they have exceptional dexterity and coordination, and individuality can be found in a nation of billions so in the long term they'll be ok.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Carrasco isn't going to the WC anyway, so good call taking the ton of money for a year and then return to Europe.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lost the first game 0-8

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yeah I saw that

Btw Carrasco's heat map : mostly in the kick off area , true story

Thread Information