what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I was reading a thread upstairs about why Dedmon can't be like Big Ben but it got me wondering, how valuable would an unselfish, defensively dominant, undersized C with a very limited offensive game do in today's nba? would he be considered top 5 C? Would he even be playable in today's league?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He'd average 25/15/4blks and be all nba 1st team tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't Bogut like that? He was pretty important for the Dubs... you just couldn't pair two of those...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogut isn't undersized tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be a great 3 pt shooter tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he would be as valuable as he was during his time. On the defensive end, he would be a more valuable Draymond Green.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    I think he would be as valuable as he was during his time. On the defensive end, he would be a more valuable Draymond Green.
    i was waiting for this comparison to come up. idk if that's true. as much as i dislike that donkey faced nut kicking got, outside of his scoring (which is miles ahead of Wallace) he impacts the game on an elite level on offense and defense. his ability to switch on the perimeter is top notch. when Ben was playing a lot of the damage he did was guarding the big time Cs/PFs of the early-mid 2000s, so i dont recall how well he was able to switch and guard smaller players on the perimeter

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Big Ben being a monster pressing PGs in the backcourt and eating up shotclock. I'd love to have an athlete like him switching onto guards. I think he'd be pretty valuable in today's NBA. I'd certainly take him over DeAndre Jordan in a second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Ben's effectiveness would likely be huge in today's NBA, where team's can't shoot any mid range jumpers at all. So when he shuts down the paint, opposition will only be able to shoot from 3, which makes them very easy to defend. He would be a gigantic liability on offense though, as teams can just totally ignore him, but he can still set mean screens to free up whoever fruity three point teammate he happens to be the same team on.

Granted, I felt Ben wasn't even the best defensive Wallace on his own team (Rasheed was an extremely underrated defender, overall). What Ben was great at was his help defense, and the ability to quickly switch on the pick and roll with the ability to hang with the smaller players. Rasheed was a decent help defender, had great mobility guarding the pick and roll, and was extremely good guarding the low blocks as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was waiting for this comparison to come up. idk if that's true. as much as i dislike that donkey faced nut kicking got, outside of his scoring (which is miles ahead of Wallace) he impacts the game on an elite level on offense and defense. his ability to switch on the perimeter is top notch. when Ben was playing a lot of the damage he did was guarding the big time Cs/PFs of the early-mid 2000s, so i dont recall how well he was able to switch and guard smaller players on the perimeter
    He had great mobility on the perimeter. The defensive comparisson with Green is pretty fair. In fact, Ben was better, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would make 3 pointers out of blocked shots...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Donkey green is not even in the same ing league as Big Ben tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would probably struggle.

It was a lot easier to swith into Smaller guys in the 00 era because of poor spacing and a lack of ability to shoot three.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Donkey green is not even in the same ing league as Big Ben tbh
    no

Green is a ot, but is better at D in today's NBA and mils better on offense. Ben would be unplayable for large stretches of the game, because he would be intentionally fouled

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    N

Big Ben would eat raymond for breakfast tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    big ben needs to do more offensively then dunking the ball....unless his playing with a pure pg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would probably struggle.

It was a lot easier to swith into Smaller guys in the 00 era because of poor spacing and a lack of ability to shoot three.
    I agwreeth.

Thread Information