Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    Fun fact that you'll be seeing in the coming days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs also never won a series against them...

Soak In Your Own Blood BanditHiro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep the year Tim retires is the year the Spurs play the only team he never faced in the western playoffs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad that there is noone on ESPN who could right a story about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well beat them , dont worry too much, hehehehe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but there isn't a Hakeem to save his asses. Harden will cry with Kawhi over him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I10 rivalry baby

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but we seem to play the Grizzlies every year, how is that possible, you would think random selection would make that happen more often.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    VENGEANCE!

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but we seem to play the Grizzlies every year, how is that possible, you would think random selection would make that happen more often.
    Maybe the Grizzlies will quit tanking to face the Spurs on purpose... they never seem to learn... even 2011 wouldn't have happened if Grant Hill doesn't break Ginobili's arm on the regular season finale that year. Otherwise the Spurs would have a 5-0 Series record against them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be curious to know what percentage of ST posters remember that 1995 series.

I suppose you'd have to be over the age of 30 for one, and a lot of our international fans may not have known about the league in that era.

I was 16 so I remember most of it - mainly Dennis Rodman being a factor in the series loss.
    IIRC he basically pouted his way to ty play in games 5 and 6... basically an act of protest to Bob Hill.

Also remember the road teams winning the first 4 games. #1 seed goes down 0-2 but nut up and tie it up in Houston.
    Secondarily I remember a ton of red in the Alamodome. That may still be the case nowadays when Houston comes to town but I think with them being so good the bandwagon was bigger.

But yes this matchup is long overdue and I'm excited to see how it plays out, between the teams and fans online from here and Clutchfans.

Spurs in 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #revenge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I suppose you'd have to be over the age of 30 for one, and a lot of our international fans may not have known about the league in that era.

I was 16 so I remember most of it - mainly Dennis Rodman being a factor in the series loss.
    IIRC he basically pouted his way to ty play in games 5 and 6... basically an act of protest to Bob Hill.

Also remember the road teams winning the first 4 games. #1 seed goes down 0-2 but nut up and tie it up in Houston.
    Secondarily I remember a ton of red in the Alamodome. That may still be the case nowadays when Houston comes to town but I think with them being so good the bandwagon was bigger.

But yes this matchup is long overdue and I'm excited to see how it plays out, between the teams and fans online from here and Clutchfans.

Spurs in 7.
    I remember fans from Houston calling into it local radio shows and talking all kinds of trash directly to spurs fans before, during, and after the series. This was obviously pre social media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was a senior in high school and that was definitely a low point. The city was riding high only to come crashing down in another disappointment.

Robinson got a raw deal that series. Yeah, he got Dream Shook but those were just snap shots. Robinson played Olajuwon well. Elliott choked game 1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a lot of Houston trash in the AT&T Center crowd now tbh

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be a lot of Houston trash in the AT&T Center crowd now tbh
    The Dome was much bigger and the Rockets bandwagon isn't nearly as big now, they were the defending champs last time. I would expect a higher percentage of Spurs fans at home than in 1995.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans represent in Houston as well

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs in 7.
    I was 15 at the time myself. I remember that series very well. Things were not all they appeared to be.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    giving the ets way too much credit... Spurs in 5, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden will dream shake the out of Kawhi
    Hardeen Olajuwon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that 95 series like it was yesterday.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clinton administration-era smack is literally the last vestige of smack talk rocketfan has clung to for over 20 ing years.

Will be nice to shut them up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs in 7.
    I was in the sixth grade at that time but I remember the match up very well. That series was maddening and frustrating. I felt the Spurs were going to win the series once they had won game 3 and 4 in Houston. I broke my gameboy out of anger when the Spurs got blown out in game 5. I do remember Rodman getting benched for game 5 due to arriving late to the arena.

Go to the 2:40 mark and you will an interview with GM Pop talking about Rodman.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I suppose you'd have to be over the age of 30 for one
    I'll be 29 this summer....I remember the '95 Rockets series as being one of the first that I paid attention to and grasped an idea of the magnitude of playoff intensity. I remember loving David Robinson and cringing when Hakeem handled him easily time and again. I learned to hate Robert Horry and Mario Elie (ironic in hindsight ).

Basically, I feel like I cut my Spurs fandom teeth on that bitter series. Ready for SA to finally right that wrong!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember that 95 series like it was yesterday.
    Toward the end of the RS, I was confident we were gonna ring, but I saw the Rockets gaining momentum vs Utah in the 1st round.

At that moment I knew we were ed

Thread Information