Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dare say if Tony doesn't take pressure off Kawhi for some possessions, that series was going to be a disaster and not only are we talking Manu is done, Tony is done has he not showed up.... but you have to question the 15 mill that went to a Gasol, you have to question whether Aldridge is enough of a star to support Kawhi, you have to question Pop ... and it would have been heartbreaking to see Kawhi play at that level and had no one else to chip in and help him take a breather. I didn't expect this from Tony. I made a lengthy post saying he was done, etc.

I am glad for the team but they needed 2013 MVP Parker to advance. Glad Tony earned his $ this series... just have a lot of questions about everyone else tbh.

But in the playoffs at least with this late version of the Spurs (happened in 2014 too I think) maybe the hero next round is someone else besides Nawhi who is an MVP and will show up for sure.

Thus I get this thread from the Tony fan. If he doesn't make it, it's like it didn't happen... and he clearly cares about such things.. which is fine.
    Gasol will pay off some with his rebounding, especially against teams with smaller front courts like Houston and Golden State. He's soft as but he's a decent rebounder and can finish around the rim. He's also a decent FT shooter so not a liability there. The 15m was his going rate. You have to at least give the impression to fans that you have a puncher's chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker +33
    Patty Thrills +40

Take away game 3 tank job by pop

Porker +39
    Patty Thrills +56

Did you see KL's interview post game last night? When asked (paraphrasing) "what's the difference between this game and game 4 when you were down early in the 3rd?" KL answered "we weren't subbed out, we were allowed to get back in the game".

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see KL's interview post game last night? When asked (paraphrasing) "what's the difference between this game and game 4 when you were down early in the 3rd?" KL answered "we weren't subbed out, we were allowed to get back in the game".

Did he really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes check it out. It's easy to miss but I caught it. Surprised there's not a thread about KawAlpha

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imma check that out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol will pay off some with his rebounding, especially against teams with smaller front courts like Houston and Golden State. He's soft as but he's a decent rebounder and can finish around the rim. He's also a decent FT shooter so not a liability there. The 15m was his going rate. You have to at least give the impression to fans that you have a puncher's chance.
    Hopefully he does... I think he hasn't proved his value yet and he was lucky others saved this series bc had it been up to him, they were headed home. That's exactly what I pointed out with Tony showing up. If he hadn't then you have to question everyone, including Gasols underperforming ass. Hopefully he earns that contract next series sometime... even a couple of nice Gasol games will do. He's getting that chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he does... I think he hasn't proved his value yet and he was lucky others saved this series bc had it been up to him, they were headed home. That's exactly what I pointed out with Tony showing up. If he hadn't then you have to question everyone, including Gasols underperforming ass. Hopefully he earns that contract next series sometime... even a couple of nice Gasol games will do. He's getting that chance
    Pau developed that at ude after being cucked by Shannon Brown. He never recovered. He was a machine prior to that season, but he really went laissez faire since.

Thread Information