My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...dent-Of-Pacers

Larry Bird Stepping Down As President Of Pacers
    APR 28, 2017 12:37 PM

Larry Bird will step down as president of the Indiana Pacers with Kevin Pritchard taking over basketball operations.

Bird is expected to continue working for the Pacers as a consultant. Bird was head coach of the Pacers in the late 1990s and returned to the team in 2003 as President of Basketball Operations. Bird left the Pacers in 2012 due to health issues before returning a year later.

Pritchard previously ran the Portland Trail Blazers and joined the Pacers in 2011. In 2012, Pritchard was promoted to general manager working under Bird.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...dent-Of-Pacers

Larry Bird Stepping Down As President Of Pacers
    APR 28, 2017 12:37 PM

Larry Bird will step down as president of the Indiana Pacers with Kevin Pritchard taking over basketball operations.

Bird is expected to continue working for the Pacers as a consultant. Bird was head coach of the Pacers in the late 1990s and returned to the team in 2003 as President of Basketball Operations. Bird left the Pacers in 2012 due to health issues before returning a year later.

Pritchard previously ran the Portland Trail Blazers and joined the Pacers in 2011. In 2012, Pritchard was promoted to general manager working under Bird.

Good move for the Pacers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, was hoping the Spurs could fleece him one more time before the inevitable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for Kawhi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, was hoping the Spurs could fleece him one more time before the inevitable.

Yeah, ers owe us for screwing us over on Paul George.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    He got robbed of a le by Ron Artest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird as a consultant: "Spurs have a great young player named Kyle Anderson. We should look into trading our best pick for him. I also noticed that some rocks in the front of the building needed to be moved. I asked Paul George and Monta to move them manually".

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Silver must not have ordered the black GMs to go easy on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver must not have ordered the black GMs to go easy on him.
    FFS

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    PG is gone. Hope he signs with the Clippers, I mean it makes the most sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see that happening. More so though I could see him with the Lakers. He'd be like a shaman.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Doc is still coaching, it won't make a world of difference. They will underachieve with 50-55 wins and still be inconsequential in the POs.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Clippers are in a very precarious position this summer. Unless they can trade Blake without taking a big salary back and Pierce retires, I believe they may fall victim to the luxury repeater tax, which is an exorbitant penalty for even the richest teams. Analysts on the four letter said it's so harsh, even Prokhorov blew things up to avoid the penalties.

Even in the era of escalating salary caps, Doc the executive has managed to build an imminently imploding financial powder keg with his payroll. A nepotisticly generous contract to junior about $3-4 million per too much. A three year deal to Celtics #34, whose salary is relatively small but at a time where every million could help or hurt. Same with Wes Johnson's contract. It's those smaller $3-6 million useless contracts that could end up really killing the team.

From a basketball perspective, George to the Clippers might make sense. Financially, it may take some extremely shrewd maneuverability by Doc to swing it under the cap. Doc? Shrewd? Errrr... ummm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George sucks, thats why the Pacers are a failure, Lance Stephenson was the last wet fart that sunk the franchise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George is one of the few reasons the Pacers aren't lottery fodder. He's not Lebron but he's far from "sucks".

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't make much sense. Chris Paul is going to sign an extension that's going to start at north of $30 million for next season. Even if it's only $30 million that would leave $12.5 million in capspace if they let Griffin walk. The only way George on the Clippers is doable is if Griffin is willing to sign in Indiana and they trade him for George. I'd personally much rather keep Griffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got robbed of a le by Ron Artest.
    "Disloyal" is how Bird described that ape.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for Kawhi

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the worst I've ever seen, tbh, as I've been saying for years..if his name wasn't Larry Bird and he wasn't one of the Gods among white sports fans(along with Peyton Manning), he would have been fired a long time ago..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let KL and George Hill go LOL what a moron

Thread Information