Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe manipulated a lot of people into thinking he was better than he really was. He was smart like that, taking control of the media narrative and taking advantage of the dumb general population. But you see that those claiming him as the GOAT are absolute morons. Then there are those who put him in the top 5 or so, usually sheep buying into the Kobe hype. Most people put him in the top 10 which is still higher than he deserves, this is a product of his previously mentioned manipulative powers. Informed and intelligent people place him outside the top 10 which is fair. Anyone who puts him outside the top 20-25 are just haters.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe manipulated a lot of people into thinking he was better than he really was. He was smart like that, taking control of the media narrative and taking advantage of the dumb general population. But you see that those claiming him as the GOAT are absolute morons. Then there are those who put him in the top 5 or so, usually sheep buying into the Kobe hype. Most people put him in the top 10 which is still higher than he deserves, this is a product of his previously mentioned manipulative powers. Informed and intelligent people place him outside the top 10 which is fair. Anyone who puts him outside the top 20-25 are just haters.
    Pretty sure he lost a lot of media support after Colorado, feuding with Shaq and openly being an asshole. Not to metion the analytics movement.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-01-2017 at 06:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure he lost a lot of media support after Colorado, feuding with Shaq abd openly being an asshole. Not to metion the analytics movement.
    It didn't take long for things to turn in his favor again (Phil Jackson's return, 81 points, Gasol & Bynum frontcourt, back to back les) and he played it perfectly. Creating the "Black Mamba", "playing chess while everyone else plays checkers", etc. Everyone just ate it all up.

I do agree that his final years and the analytics movement have hurt his legacy though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan: no repeats, colored medal, failed marriage.

Kobe: 3 repeats, two gold, successful marriage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan: no repeats, colored medal, failed marriage.

Kobe: 3 repeats, two gold, successful marriage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan: 0 rapes
    Kirby: 2 rapes

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Duncan: 0 pieced
    Kobe: 2 pieced

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers