Page 29 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please take a look at fa's in 2018? If you think you can get Durant then you wait if not you get Paul now while you can. Nobody worth waiting on for 2018, you go for it now.
    This! The idea of using massive cap space for 2018 isn't that appealing bc of the crappy class. Paul George is going to LAL or staying with Pacer for the super max, so I dont count him as realistic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This! The idea of using massive cap space for 2018 isn't that appealing bc of the crappy class. Paul George is going to LAL or staying with Pacer for the super max, so I dont count him as realistic.
    He could be convinced to comeback to the Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's complete misinformation that the difference is $50 million (actually $53mm). The non-Clippers deal would end a year earlier, meaning the difference is closer to $7 million over the first four years. In year five, add another $4 million to that but an opportunity to hit FA earlier. So $11 million over five years. Same misnomer as when Dwight was a FA.

Also, better to hit FA again at 36 than 37 (or 35 if getting an ETO ... could even at 34 with a 2+1 deal).

Yes, it's less guaranteed money if he were to suffer a career altering or ending injury. And the Spurs may not even be able to offer the full max.
    I think the peice you're missing though is the difference in the 8% annual raises the clippers can offer versus the 5% raises a non-clipper team can offer. That's kind of a big deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's just hope he was watching these two Warriors beatdowns
    I'm sure another report will leak just like after Game 1...

"CP3 still strongly considering Spurs"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What about 2019 and 2020. Paul max would preclude it. Plus it's just too much money to walk away from. Even with taTexas taxes that 6th year guaranteed is huge.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ LoL

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about 2019 and 2020. Paul max would preclude it. Plus it's just too much money to walk away from. Even with taTexas taxes that 6th year guaranteed is huge.
    2019 you're rolling with Paul, Leonard, LMA as your core, assuming LMA doesn't opt out before the start of that season. You're looking for complementary pieces then, not stars. In 2020, you're looking at giving Kawhi his super deal, but also moving on from LMA or retaining him for less. You have flexibility then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how Paul is enough.
    Hes not. Especially with how much we'd be giving up in role-play. Only shot Spurs have at beating this warriors team is if Durant or Curry fall off a cliff, or Lebron realizes he's never going to win another le in Cleveland, and come to the Spurs. Maybe CP3 would care to join him for cheap then tbh.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 06-04-2017 at 10:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2019 you're rolling with Paul, Leonard, LMA as your core, assuming LMA doesn't opt out before the start of that season. You're looking for complementary pieces then, not stars. In 2020, you're looking at giving Kawhi his super deal, but also moving on from LMA or retaining him for less. You have flexibility then.
    This

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, 33-year old Chris Paul, 33-year old Aldridge, 80-year olds Parker and Gasol..Spurs are going to counter the Warriors by yelling at them to get off their lawns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, 33-year old Chris Paul, 33-year old Aldridge, 80-year olds Parker and Gasol..Spurs are going to counter the Warriors by yelling at them to get off their lawns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the peice you're missing though is the difference in the 8% annual raises the clippers can offer versus the 5% raises a non-clipper team can offer. That's kind of a big deal.
    I factored that in. Same starting salary with year three being 16.6% higher under 8% raises, and 10.25% higher on 5% raises. Assuming 35% of a $103 million cap (I know the max cap is slightly different) that's $42.0 million vs. 39.7 million in year three (also slightly higher in year 2).

A Paul deal would almost certainly be a 3+1 and he'd have a chance to cash in on 8% raises after year 3.

Yes, 8% vs. 5% means something but can be bridged. I'd rather get to free agency again sooner if I'm him and get one last huge check. Better at 34-35 than 36-37.

Hook 'em
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a little embarrassed the fans are falling for this. This is Kidd all over again. The money is too good for CP3. For those saying Balmer won't pay him super max, o he paid a $ billlion for the team. This is a classic LBJ move. You threaten to go to the Spurs in hopes Balmer, Doc, etc.. make the team a better contender. It's real alt that simple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a little embarrassed the fans are falling for this. This is Kidd all over again. The money is too good for CP3. For those saying Balmer won't pay him super max, o he paid a $ billlion for the team. This is a classic LBJ move. You threaten to go to the Spurs in hopes Balmer, Doc, etc.. make the team a better contender. It's real alt that simple.

How do the Clippers FO make them better?? Bring back everyone else? Make trades? What player would want to go there if CP3 isn't there? CP3 is the selling point of adding other players

There isn't any leverage pull by CP3 camp lol.

Oh and Kidd is a terrible example because Kidd himself has said he chose SA but was convinced on a plane fligh by his wife to stay in NJ so SHE could pursue a career...Kidd even admitted regret not signing..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will sign his supermax deal next summer and it will kick in in 2019.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Cavs end up getting taken out, if Lebron leaves....imagine if he says it, and joins the Spurs?

If he doesnt get it done this year, he likely wont ever beat Golden State, he could come West, earn his way to the finals, and then rail out a crappy team in the finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Cavs end up getting taken out, if Lebron leaves....imagine if he says it, and joins the Spurs?

If he doesnt get it done this year, he likely wont ever beat Golden State, he could come West, earn his way to the finals, and then rail out a crappy team in the finals.
    Lebron has one more year before his player option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lmmfao I told my wife this same exact thing last night. Take a pay cut to be our PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron has one more year before his player option.
    Yeah just realized that, well he ed up, it wouldnt shock me if he and KD go somewhere after next year. Have to be expect the unexpected in this days NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about this, sign and trade Paul and Aldridge for Love and Irving.

How bah dah?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's recently said that he has nothing left to prove.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's recently said that he has nothing left to prove.
    He's a ing liar...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

anyone got insider access?

Thread Information