Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have loved Paul for two seasons two seasons ago.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, Spurs are not trading Tony Parker -- even if it meant CP3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree with above tweet; Paul is past being top option on a le contender--that if he was ever suitable for it considering his stature, position and his style of play. However, he is still way better than Kidd/Payton at that stage of their careers ..
    Last edited by spursistan; 04-30-2017 at 07:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reminds me of that situation back in '03 when the Spurs were trying to bring in a 30 yo jason kidd instead of rolling with a 21 yo TP. I am so glad that Kidd decided to stay in nj. With CP3 at 32 and dijon at 20, it made me reminisce about that time. The only difference this time is obviously the fact that Murray hasn't been "revealed" yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome pls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs do not put welcome billboard ups like Phoenix and gets players
    But Chris would guarantee playoff failure
    He would need to dominate the ball and would not work with Leonard here

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're getting the best player in the WORLD for the Next 8 years. You would benefit just as much as we would. Do it RC.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs do not put welcome billboard ups like Phoenix and gets players
    But Chris would guarantee playoff failure
    He would need to dominate the ball and would not work with Leonard here
    I mean porker already does that with epic failure. CP3 can run the offense and dump it to Kawhi in the fourth, if the game isn't over by then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who call him a loser are idiots. He'd have at least 4 rings too if he'd played alongside Timmy and Manu. Parker wouldn't have any if he'd been the top guy on those Hornets and Clippers teams either. Sure, CP3 has faltered in some big games but it's not like Parker hasn't (Kerr, Barry, CoJo, Paddy have bailed him out throughout the years) yet he's considered a great winner.

I'd take CP3 in a heartbeat even if he'll be overpaid in his later years. It's a no brainer if it means some les in the early years of the contract. Besides I think he'll age more like Stockton than some other speed reliant PGs. Has a deadly midrange game, a serviceable three, and is a great passer. If he's interested, Pop and RC have to do everything in their power to bring him in, imo.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray >>> 39y/o CP3...trust me...you guys will see...
    I agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This reminds me of that situation back in '03 when the Spurs were trying to bring in a 30 yo jason kidd instead of rolling with a 21 yo TP. I am so glad that Kidd decided to stay in nj. With CP3 at 32 and dijon at 20, it made me reminisce about that time. The only difference this time is obviously the fact that Murray hasn't been "revealed" yet.
    Some of you need to swallow a reality pill. CP3 came to the League as a borderline All-Star. Dejounte is nowhere near CP3 at 20y/o.

First two Seasons (he was an All-Star by his third):

Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
    2005-06 20 NOK NBA PG 78 78 36.0 5.2 12.1 .430 0.6 2.3 .282 4.6 9.9 .464 .456 5.1 6.0 .847 0.8 4.3 5.1 7.8 2.2 0.1 2.3 2.8 16.1
    2006-07 21 NOK NBA PG 64 64 36.8 6.0 13.6 .437 0.8 2.2 .350 5.2 11.4 .455 .466 4.6 5.6 .818 0.8 3.5 4.4 8.9 1.8 0.0 2.5 2.4 17.3
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 04-30-2017 at 08:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please no. Dude was absolute garbage. 13 points on 32% shooting at home against a mediocre team in G7.

--------------------------------------------

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first thing before trying to go after Paul is to secure the front court in the event of a Pau trade/opt out. The easiest way to do that would be to have Dedmon opt in with the promise that he's bound to get a ton more with another year to show off his talent and with Paul feeding him. Maybe he opts out and re-signs for the new, much bigger room exception, but you'd like to keep that to fill out the rotation if possible. If you do that, stash Milutinov (but not the pick) and let the FAs walk, you have just under $20 Million to offer him. Honestly, that's a great ring-chaser contract. You do the trick with Dedmon, it's $23 Million, but again, you'd like to keep something back just to fill out the rotation.

Paul, Parker
    Green, Murray, Forbes
    Kawhi, Anderson
    LMA, Bertans
    Dedmon, (blank)/Lee/Pick

I'd probably want to bring Nikola over anyway and use the pick on a wing while also bringing in Hanga. Regardless, having Parker on the team is drag on resources, but it would be necessary to recruit CP. If you off the one-and-one, it could be enough to entice him into biting. Maybe something like:

Paul, Parker, Murray
    Green, McLemore (room), Forbes
    Kawhi, Anderson, Hanga
    Aldridge, Bertans, Ojeleye (first)
    Dedmon, Milutinov, Kuzma (second)

With two spots open for the two-way contracts.

I think you could build a contender around that group for sure, especially with a ring-chaser to fill in the shaky wing and center spots. Like maybe Splitter and Carter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fully aware that post is bull . But it would be cool to have something like it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd cost too much for his age (can the Spurs even afford a max deal?) and he is too ball dominant. If he was willing to take a pay cut and adjust his play style a bit he'd be a great signing but I doubt he'd want to do either and I wouldn't blame him. Now George Hill would be a decent option, already familiar with Pop, good shooter, would fit in the offense, can play defense. The 2 issues with him is how much would he want and can he stay healthy.

If the Spurs got either then they may as well trade Murray because he'll just rot on the bench with Parker taking up backup minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clippers are 1st NBA team ever to blow a playoffs series lead in 5 straight years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who call him a loser are idiots. He'd have at least 4 rings too if he'd played alongside Timmy and Manu. Parker wouldn't have any if he'd been the top guy on those Hornets and Clippers teams either. Sure, CP3 has faltered in some big games but it's not like Parker hasn't (Kerr, Barry, CoJo, Paddy have bailed him out throughout the years) yet he's considered a great winner.

I'd take CP3 in a heartbeat even if he'll be overpaid in his later years. It's a no brainer if it means some les in the early years of the contract. Besides I think he'll age more like Stockton than some other speed reliant PGs. Has a deadly midrange game, a serviceable three, and is a great passer. If he's interested, Pop and RC have to do everything in their power to bring him in, imo.
    Clippers are 1st NBA team ever to blow a playoffs series lead in 5 straight years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would rather have DRose on mid level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul told Paul Pierce: “You’re not ending your career in Utah”
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/ch...150033910.html

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, they should grab Re to replace Manu. That guy shooting on the perimeter would open some things up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything, they should grab Re to replace Manu. That guy shooting on the perimeter would open some things up.
    Agreed. But that's only if Manu retires to his native Guatemalan house. I can see Manu playing one more year as a "bench" coach tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no desire for the Spurs to sign him considering he will demand a huge max deal that will handicap the spurs cap wise for years to come. Also at his age he's not worth a long term contract. Despite being a great player he rubs teammates the wrong way. To me it speaks volumes that Blake and Deandre hate playing with him considering that he's a pass first pg. A lot of that hate is derived from the fact that he never stops yelling and getting on them 24/7. That type of micromanaging leads to burn out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, is more than clear that IF he joins the Spurs won't be on a Max or near Max deal. Stop the nonsense. Ok? Thank you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like Re but Korver might be more likely. I'd take either tbh

Thread Information