Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
Results 1,301 to 1,324 of 1324
    foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not directing this comment at you but I've seen people credit this injury as justification for Paul not coming to SA..he has a bone bruise from a banged knee...that's somewhat of a freak injury.

The only justification needed is beating the Rockets again in the playoffs..

Also that contract would be bad. He's Chris Paul. Spurs fans wouldn't complain about seeing empty seats at AT&T if he was hear. The buzz around the Spurs would be incredible and don't think for a second they wouldn't be considered by the media and everyone else that Spurs are biggest threat to GSW. If Paul signed the Kawhi injury wouldn't be ignored etc.

From a purely basketball perspective any true basketball talking head new Paul going to SA was huge..
    According to the reports, we were most likely gonna lose Aldridge to sign Paul. Who would of been playing PF and C? I guess we wouldn't have been able to afford Patty but from a cultural perspective Patty would be huge. Signing CP3 would have been a huge blow to the culture imo...........

Anyhow we would have been better up top and worse up front and we wouldn't have been able to afford Gay. We have more depth now and have an advantage down low and a looser grasp of the ball. It's still unseen if Paul can be effective without the ball. That is the red flag to me. If he needs the ball to be effective like he has shown his whole career, than that puts a vice grip on the ball movement, something that Clippers have been lifted from.

I prefer a more motion offense to his dribble dribble dribble. It puts a lot of pressure on him to make plays and if he doesn't then we'd be screwed, and he hasn't exactly been a clutch player...... One shot against us with no WCF appearances is no bueno. Throw in injury red flags and ew, no.

I could care less what ESPN or media pundits would rank us, it's vintage Spurs to be the underdogs and as a fan I like that. Takes a lot of pressure off and lets us just focus on ball. Selling tickets is nice and I'm sure as fans become more and more desensitized with all the player movement wanting big splashes, deep playoff runs is where teams make money, something I think is very possible this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have a hard time watching the Spurs had they completed their acquisition of Paul. And I was very openly against him back when it seemed like an inevitability, so there are no sour grapes from me. I'm not predicting anything, but I would not be surprised if Houston hasn't seen everything negative Paul is going to bring yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have a hard time watching the Spurs had they completed their acquisition of Paul. And I was very openly against him back when it seemed like an inevitability, so there are no sour grapes from me. I'm not predicting anything, but I would not be surprised if Houston hasn't seen everything negative Paul is going to bring yet.
    You wouldn't want to watch it? Even just to see what it'd look like? Good or bad? Tbh I dunno if I could buy that bud..

Houston isn't a great fit for Paul due to Harden skill set and them both bring ball dominant. But just because he doesn't work out in Houston doesn't mean he wouldn't in SA. I think we both agree the Spurs biggest weakness is their PG play...I don't see how he wouldn't have worked out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't want to watch it? Even just to see what it'd look like? Good or bad? Tbh I dunno if I could buy that bud..

Houston isn't a great fit for Paul due to Harden skill set and them both bring ball dominant. But just because he doesn't work out in Houston doesn't mean he wouldn't in SA. I think we both agree the Spurs biggest weakness is their PG play...I don't see how he wouldn't have worked out.
    Paul's game is terrible to watch. It's dribble-dribble, herky-jerky, whining. Imagining him destroying the Spurs sets like he's been doing in Houston and every other team is horrifying. Not to mention how bad chemistry would be. The star PG I wanted the least for sure.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul is injured now. I'm glad a lot of you aren't GMs I never wanted another again pg that dribbles the clock away. Chris Paul is a great player,m but he's only as good as the athletic guys he has to catch his alleys

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul is injured now. I'm glad a lot of you aren't GMs I never wanted another again pg that dribbles the clock away. Chris Paul is a great player,m but he's only as good as the athletic guys he has to catch his alleys
    You saying Pop’s wrong then? Because Pop instructed DJ Murray to study and learn from CP3’s game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump..

Massive bullet dodged. CP3 would have sunk this franchise even deeper. Imagine paying 40 millions for an injury-prone, 34 yo, high-end role player with such a grating personality..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love Paul for 2 seasons or so, but he's going to ask for a deal where he's getting paid record money when he's like 36 years old..disgusting..
    Damn, he didn't even make it 2 seasons it was only 1..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Mills though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump..

Massive bullet dodged. CP3 would have sunk this franchise even deeper. Imagine paying 40 millions for an injury-prone, 34 yo, high-end role player with such a grating personality..

Yeah makes the 28 millions for patty and pau more passable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An extremely expensive Patty Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if it would have convinced a different player on the roster to stick around though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only reason why we didn't sign CP3 was LA wanting to get traded. Paul was interested, but only with Kawhi and Aldridge here. Spurs probably ring with that big 3, but who knows if Kawhi had came back to play that season

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    for some reason too many of you have acted like cp3 would just fall off a cliff.

the dude has always shown he can ball without athletic ability.

he's 34 and would be the best player on this roster.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pick and pop between he and LaMarcus would have been deadly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if its for the minimum, why not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t hate it tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm amazed how long he stayed relevant, but he ain't that anymore. I was wrong though, he would have been an amazing signing back in 2017.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if its for the minimum, why not?
    Dude's not taking minimum here to win 28 games next year when we drag for Flagg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t hate the idea. But I don’t see him playing his last year(s) for a rebuilding team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's not taking minimum here to win 28 games next year when we drag for Flagg.
    its an old spurstalk meme

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No for another losing season. Spurs need to make the playoffs next season.

Thread Information