Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1316
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is huge and has turned my guarded pessimism about the chances for Chris Paul to almost no shot

Paul isn't joining a team in turmoil which is what SA will be with this LMA crap. Imagine him meeting the Spurs brigade with LMA noticably absent. When he asks, "Where's LaMarcus?" There will be no good answer.

Paul + Kawhi + Aldridge is a real threat and a reason to leave L.A. but Kawhi + ??? + SloMo at PF? = NO CHANCE

And the real tragedy is that Paul would have totally​ rejuvenated Aldridge's game and numbers. Even last year, the brief moments of Andre Miller with LMA showed what a real floor general maestro could do getting Aldridge the ball in the best situations for him.

But Aldridge is such a whiny, disgraceful tool that he's screwing it all up.

They could still get Hill though, because the Jazz won't be desperate to keep him like Los Angeles and Paul. Plus Hill already knows the coaches, the city, the fit, Hill probably won't be scared away by Saboteur LaMarcus.
    Spot on post. LMA cost us any real shot at paul (unless we flip LMA for Paul's friend Melo).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Minny has had Rubio in the market for years ... years... and have been unable to move him bc what they get in exchange isn't worth it.
    I think they're at the point where they're ready to dump him for a bag of chips, tbh. I just don't think anyone wants him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs now just have to go hard at Milsap or Ibaka. If they can get one to commit, then dump LA to his precious Suns for a MIA 18' 1st at most -- if not dump him for nothing.
    Doesn't look like Miami can trade a first earlier than 2023

They owe 2018 protected 1-7, unprotected in 2019. They also owe 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why people on here are hating on the Wolves. They just created a better future for them than the Spurs have , thanks to our trash ass front office.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that is huge and has turned my guarded pessimism about the chances for Chris Paul to almost no shot

Paul isn't joining a team in turmoil which is what SA will be with this LMA crap. Imagine him meeting the Spurs brigade with LMA noticably absent. When he asks, "Where's LaMarcus?" There will be no good answer.

Paul + Kawhi + Aldridge is a real threat and a reason to leave L.A. but Kawhi + ??? + SloMo at PF? = NO CHANCE

And the real tragedy is that Paul would have totally​ rejuvenated Aldridge's game and numbers. Even last year, the brief moments of Andre Miller with LMA showed what a real floor general maestro could do getting Aldridge the ball in the best situations for him.

But Aldridge is such a whiny, disgraceful tool that he's screwing it all up.

They could still get Hill though, because the Jazz won't be desperate to keep him like Los Angeles and Paul. Plus Hill already knows the coaches, the city, the fit, Hill probably won't be scared away by Saboteur LaMarcus.
    Exactly. That is my angle. I hope he harbors no resentment from his trade, but Pop has spoken so well of him "his favorite player...(back then)" that it's almost like Pop has a small sense of guilt about it and every time he is asked about it, he mentions it. It's obvious they love him in San Antonio. He would actually help the culture though I was looking at it from a basketball point of view.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spot on post. LMA cost us any real shot at paul (unless we flip LMA for Paul's friend Melo).
    Yeah, I never hated LMA until the last day or so when he really rammed it home with this social media iness.

I had some limited sympathy that San Antonio wasn't what he stupidly thought it would be. And stories leaking to Macmullin and such didn't bother me because even though he was out of shape he said the right things publicly.

But now he is deliberately sabotaging an entire franchise. The franchise bent over backwards for him so far they put their heads up their asses to unretire a jersey number for him.

He's a piece of trash. If he has played along and the Spurs still didn't get Paul or another point guard upgrade, then demand the trade. That would have been settled by July 7th, with plenty of time to get traded.

But he's just being s my and pointlessly selfish..

My first posts on him when the LMA to SA rumors got hot were pretty much right, he is a soft diva. But he was still a worthy gamble considering Marc Gasol wouldn't meet with them.

I don't even want to trade him anymore. Force him to stay, and when he shows up fat and pissy just bench him. We'll see how his free agency goes when he's a 33 year old washed up bum with emotional anxiety after a whole season of the entire city dumping on him.

Screw him, don't give him what he wants without getting something good back. He can eat it.
    Last edited by objective; 06-25-2017 at 02:53 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA the fat bum nearly going to Miami is funny. Riley would have ridden his soft ass into shape or right out of town.

Pop is too soft on these guys. He lets Parker and LMA get fat and waddle all over the court. The real leaders like Duncan and Manu and Kawhi bust their asses to get fast, to hang on to their quickness. Manu has worked himself into almost nothing but sinew, muscle, and a thin layer of hairless skin.

No more lazy fat bums on this squad please.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't look like Miami can trade a first earlier than 2023

They owe 2018 protected 1-7, unprotected in 2019. They also owe 2021.
    Suns own MIA 18' 1st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Suns own MIA 18' 1st.
    I thought you meant trade him TO Miami since he once entertained signing there and they could use him next to Whiteside. My mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs fall from perceived contention which requires now that they land some star FA... I don't think they will continue to get the vet min deals they have gotten in the past and will have to pay guys market prices.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we get CP3 we're gonna probably need a rim runner. Someone he can throw lobs to because I think it helps elevates his game and opens up other options on the court. Pau definitely can't do it. Dedmon would be perfect for it but I doubt we get him back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even on a discount, Hill is too much. Is he worth 30 million a year even in this market? I don't personally think so.
    You go for Gordon Hayward instead. If you're going to spend max and not get Chris Paul and you still want to spend max, I'd go for Hayward next. Hill, I'd only take at a discount.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimDunkem spitting truth all over this thread lately

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TimDunkem spitting truth all over this thread lately
    Dude has been peaking lately.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is not getting to help get over the hump against the Warriors because he can't hang defensively with Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has been peaking lately.
    Same with you tbh. We've had our differences in the past, including this thread in general, but your posts this offseason have been mostly must-read (when they haven't included got, etc).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree. I believe Kawhi is just that good and more playmaking by him with players that can play a role works. Millsap is legit man. He has heart. He don't care who he's playing he performs and Hill he had that game winner against the Mavericks :facepalm and played big against the Clippers when healthy. I think you underestimate Paul's ego. And someone made a good point about what if he frustrates Leonard. I just think after this Aldridge fiasco we should've learned to keep signing Spursy guys and Hill and Millsap are perfect fits. I honestly would classify that a big three. It would be way better than we have now. Hill and Millsap are best as second options and can take turns and then you have Leonard with higher usage. Hill and Millsap can take turns. Again Kawhi is just that good. He could be better than LeBron in his Prime for at least a couple seasons imo if he can effectively play make, cause he's a better shooter and better defender.
    Even James, arguably the 2nd best player ever, playing at or near peak level on offense, with 2 other offensive stars, couldn't get Warriors to 6 even and Leonard will never be in same stratosphere as James as play maker.

Spurs got lucky with Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard. Every team wants superstars and stars like them, but it's unlikely at best and Spurs are now like most: they need superstars and stars in worst way and can't really afford to be choosy. That was in part why Aldridge needed to be signed in first place.

Paul, Griffin, George, even Hayward (5 years younger than Millsap), should be exhausted first before moving on to Millsap, Hill, etc.

Utah offered him a ton to extend, but he refused. They're not going to offer it again unless they lock up Hayward, because Hill matches the Hayward timeline.

If Hayward leaves for Boston or Miami, they don't want to commit to Hill, and vice versa. Their timeline changes, they won't want him at his age.

His market has dried up a lot and he might be cheaper by default.

Mavs drafted a point, Knicks drafted a point, Kings drafted a point, Lakers drafted a point, Nets traded for a point, Philadelphia drafted a point, Chicago traded for a point, Orlando won't have even $20 million, Indiana doesn't want him, New Orleans will try and keep Holiday,

Maybe Minnesota as a third guard? They can clear over 20 I think I heard ...

But San Antonio might be his only other option as a starter, there's just not many situations for him anymore
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if someone gave Hill $25-30M. Timberwolves have $20M in cap space and are said to have him on list, but he'd have to damn near play off ball full time and I have a feeling he's intent on reuniting with Spurs, would even take slight discount to do so and I think Jazz know it; hence their being prepared to move on.

He might now be tied to Hayward in their eyes, but he wasn't months ago when they offered him the max they could on extension and he declined. Either poor advice from agent or indicative of what I said.

Spurs now just have to go hard at Milsap or Ibaka. If they can get one to commit, then dump LA to his precious Suns for a MIA 18' 1st at most -- if not dump him for nothing.
    I wouldn't dump Aldridge for nothing. If he gets traded to Suns, it has to be for either Bender or Chriss. They wouldn't have room for all of their front court players anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what exactly is a slight discount if he's projected to command possibly over 30 million?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And what exactly is a slight discount if he's projected to command possibly over 30 million?
    He's not getting that tbh... my opinion of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not. However, I don't see him taking 20 million either. Any more than that, and I'm not sure he's worth it...Then again, the Spurs need to move on from the TP/Mills era ASAP.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even James, arguably the 2nd best player ever, playing at or near peak level on offense, with 2 other offensive stars, couldn't get Warriors to 6 even and Leonard will never be in same stratosphere as James as play maker.

Spurs got lucky with Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard. Every team wants superstars and stars like them, but it's unlikely at best and Spurs are now like most: they need superstars and stars in worst way and can't really afford to be choosy. That was in part why Aldridge needed to be signed in first place.

Paul, Griffin, George, even Hayward (5 years younger than Millsap), should be exhausted first before moving on to Millsap, Hill, etc.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if someone gave Hill $25-30M. Timberwolves have $20M in cap space and are said to have him on list, but he'd have to damn near play off ball full time and I have a feeling he's intent on reuniting with Spurs, would even take slight discount to do so and I think Jazz know it; hence their being prepared to move on.

He might now be tied to Hayward in their eyes, but he wasn't months ago when they offered him the max they could on extension and he declined. Either poor advice from agent or indicative of what I said.

I wouldn't dump Aldridge for nothing. If he gets traded to Suns, it has to be for either Bender or Chriss. They wouldn't have room for all of their front court players anyway.
    at work so gotta make it short, but Kawhi right now can really limit Durant who the Cavaliers had no answer for. Durant made James look old. Look at the stats to what Kawhi did to him. Durant really was the difference. The key to beating GS is sound defense and controlling the pace. Half court execution. Hill and Millsap can defend and switch, can play team ball, and can execute in the half court

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not. However, I don't see him taking 20 million either. Any more than that, and I'm not sure he's worth it...Then again, the Spurs need to move on from the TP/Mills era ASAP.
    yea... I am hoping around 25 mill... seems excessive but he's a guy that is a legit starter in the league.
    Mills is around 15 mill and you saw what you have there in the playoffs.

New NBA salaries are just crazy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a snowballs chance in he gets that.

Impossible to say an exact amount or even range, but there's too many signs to ignore and subjectively he strikes me as the type who'd prioritize happiness over squeezing out every last cent . . . just like Green, who I was right about in '15.

at work so gotta make it short, but Kawhi right now can really limit Durant who the Cavaliers had no answer for. Durant made James look old. Look at the stats to what Kawhi did to him. Durant really was the difference. The key to beating GS is sound defense and controlling the pace. Half court execution. Hill and Millsap can defend and switch, can play team ball, and can execute in the half court
    No one has the stamina to, over the course of a series, average in excess of 40 mpg, primarily guard Durant and be near sole creator on offense.

You need everything you said and most importantly elite star power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a snowballs chance in he gets that.

Impossible to say an exact amount or even range, but there's too many signs to ignore and subjectively he strikes me as the type who'd prioritize happiness over squeezing out every last cent . . . just like Green, who I was right about in '15.
    Yeah, let's hope so. But, again, every year we say this guy or that guy won't get that crazy contract yet, every single year, they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Utah definitely getting ready for Hill to move on...

Thread Information