Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bradberry was one of the better corners in the league last year regardless of age. PFF had him with a better season than Norman
    He had no hands. Too many DPIs. At least he looked bad per the eye test. Like I said, Munnerlyn at CB1 and Adams at SS should be an improvement in the secondary... not sure how much Peppers has left in the tank, your pass rushers are pretty damn old which could be a problem.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Captain is purely a nickel at this point in his career for us which is a huge upgrade from play that finnegan, young, or williams did last two years. Also this D-line led the league in sacks last year so even with a slight drop off it's still very good at getting pressure. we only got killed by Julio and the like because of the absolute ass that was the secondary especially when our rooks that we drafted like Beastberry and Worley weren't even in some of those games on account of injury and we had to play practice squad scrubs for 60 minutes.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Captain is purely a nickel at this point in his career for us which is a huge upgrade from play that finnegan, young, or williams did last two years. Also this D-line led the league in sacks last year so even with a slight drop off it's still very good at getting pressure. we only got killed by Julio and the like because of the absolute ass that was the secondary especially when our rooks that we drafted like Beastberry and Worley weren't even in some of those games on account of injury and we had to play practice squad scrubs for 60 minutes.
    Sorry, but Bradberry was the one that got incinerated for 300 yards by Jones in one game... not buying it.

Not sure why you jettisoned Boston, he's a playmaker. Sacks on the blitz, picks, big tackles... bad move by FO there.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Michael Oher is garbage unless they're going to play him at guard or something... Bradberry is one of the worst starting corners in the league. At least they got Munnerlyn
    Bradberry rated as the highest rated rookie corner in the league last year - over Jalen Ramsey.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bradberry rated as the highest rated rookie corner in the league last year - over Jalen Ramsey.
    Jags play a lot of cover 1 and committed to it by overpaying for Barry Church, the slowest SS in the league... don't think the Jags defense will be as good as media wants them to be.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Sorry, but Bradberry was the one that got incinerated for 300 yards by Jones in one game... not buying it.

Not sure why you jettisoned Boston, he's a playmaker. Sacks on the blitz, picks, big tackles... bad move by FO there.
    Bradberry was only on Julio for 2 of his completions that day. crap ass safety play hurt the most
    Last edited by SuperCam; 05-03-2017 at 12:14 AM.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Bradberry was only on Julio for 2 of his completions that day. crap ass safety play hurt the most
    I think Bradberry was hurt that game.. it was Benwikere that was on him... hence why he got cut... UNT is just talking out of his ass. Bradberry actually did a really good job on him in the rematch.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think Bradberry was hurt that game.. it was Benwikere that was on him... hence why he got cut... UNT is just talking out of his ass. Bradberry actually did a really good job on him in the rematch.
    No, Bradberry played. Benwikere was bad too.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What division has a better QB gang than the NFC South?

Ryan
    Brees
    Newton
    Winston

Not a dog there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What division has a better QB gang than the NFC South?

Ryan
    Brees
    Newton
    Winston

Not a dog there.
    NFC East pretty good too, but other than that it's a maximum of 2 good/decent qbs per division, some with just 1.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i wish they would have got cam another receiver either in the draft or FA. i heard kelvin benjamin has ballooned up to 280 smh
    Nolyfe, look at this slime

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Pretty much summed up their wet-garbage 2016 season.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Nolyfe, look at this slime

The weight is disappointing, but he was that weight at this time last year. He looked good in OTA's.

Can't get too mad about a guy going 60% in OTA's. We'll see by the end of training camp.

We aren't going to be focusing on him as much next year. McCaffery, Samuel will take much of the burden off him and Olsen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The weight is disappointing, but he was that weight at this time last year. He looked good in OTA's.

Can't get too mad about a guy going 60% in OTA's. We'll see by the end of training camp.

We aren't going to be focusing on him as much next year. McCaffery, Samuel will take much of the burden off him and Olsen.
    How do you let a guy 5 inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter than you, take your cookie at the end of a tied game?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Curtis Samuel looks like an absolute gem. Many are saying him and Cooper Kupp could either be easily the best receiver of this class.

I haven't been this excited for a Panthers season in quite some time. Newton should easily have a bounce back year.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Big changes coming to our offense.

OTA notes:
    - Newton is working with team but is focused on footwork, mechanics and not throwing the ball with his surgically repaired torn rotator cuff
    - Rookie LT Taylor Moton has impressed early and could challenge for the starting right tackle spot, especially with questions (legal and health) with Michael Oher
    - Curtis Samuel has impressed early with speed and catching over the shoulder passes. Samuel didn't drop a single pass in his college career. He is the only player in history to record 700 yards on the ground and receiving in the same year.
    - Kelvin Benjamin is looking crisp with his routes and making some difficult catches. He looks to bounce back from a "down year" that still consisted of 1000 yards receiving.
    - McCaffrey won't show up until mid-June due to NFL rules. J-Stew quickly denounced issues of them carrying the load.
    - Mario Addison is looking hungry after the contract extension. He led the team with 10 sacks last year in a rotational role. He is expected to start next to Julius Peppers on a front four that led the league in sacks last year.
    - Kuechly looks great as usual, and stated he will make no changes to his game despite missing the final six games of concussion protocol last year.
    - The DB's look to be the best DB tandem Carolina has had since the 2003 Super Bowl. With Munnerlyn and Adams joining Kurt Coleman, rookie standout James Bradberry and Darryl Worley, the team looks to mix youth and experience, like they did in their SuperBowl run when they had Norman, Benwikere, Peanut Tillman and Roman Harper.
    - The 7th round kicker picked up easily booted 5 straight 60 yard field goals, putting Graham Gano on notice, who could be cut before the year.
    Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 05-31-2017 at 10:45 AM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Kelvin Benjamin is looking crisp with his routes

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think the Panthers go 10-6 but miss the playoffs in a rather stacked NFC in 2017.

Still, you better hope someone other than Brdberry is your starting CB1.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Still, you better hope someone other than Brdberry is your starting CB1.
    Bradberry is a legit corner. You are literally the first and only person on media sites I've seen take a disliking to him or his skillset. If anything it would be Worley I'm worried about.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Bradberry ranked as the 22nd best corner last year by midseason and finished 13th, ahead of Norman (PFF):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...s-this-season/

22. James Bradberry, Carolina Panthers, 80.4

The play of rookie James Bradberry has been impressive. A second-round rookie out of Samford, Bradberry has made the leap from the FCS to being the No. 1 corner for his new NFL team in his rookie season, and has started to look very good. Bradberry has shown the ability to make plays in both man and zone coverage, breaking up passes he has no right to challenge for, and hasn’t surrendered a catch longer than 28-yards all season. The Panthers’ defense has looked notably better the rookie is in the lineup.
    Voted 19th best player under 25 by PFF

19. James Bradberry, Carolina Panthers

Replacing Josh Norman at cornerback for Carolina is no easy task, especially for a rookie making the step up from Samford College, but Bradberry has looked impressive. He wasn’t as good as Norman a season ago, but then neither was Norman himself, and Bradberry actually finished the season two spots ahead of Norman in the PFF grades with a rating of 82.6 compared to Norman’s 82.0. Rookies typically struggle at corner, so it will be interesting to see how much better he can get in year two.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bradberry is a legit corner. You are literally the first and only person on media sites I've seen take a disliking to him or his skillset. If anything it would be Worley I'm worried about.
    He's an average corner... a legit nickel or dime corner, yeah... maybe even second outside corner if not a reach... but definitely not someone you want to put against the Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Jordy Nelsons of the league... you'll see 'em all this year. Even WR1's like Stefan Diggs, Michael Thomas and Jarvis Landry, also on the 2017 schedule, should be too much for a league average corner like that. CB2 is Bradberry's ceiling.

Should have kept Norman.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bradberry ranked as the 22nd best corner last year by midseason and finished 13th, ahead of Norman (PFF):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro...s-this-season/

Voted 19th best player under 25 by PFF
    Idk. The only three games I watched the Panthers in full in 2016 was the opening night game, the Julio 300 game and the Buccaneers MNF loss early in the season, all 3 times he was torched.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I'm not going to even argue with you, dude. You don't know what you're talking about.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not going to even argue with you, dude. You don't know what you're talking about.
    The reason I see the Panthers improving and doing pretty well this year is because Newton plays well in odd numbered years... Terrible in even years, though.

About zone schemes vs. man schemes, etc, I'm an old-school believer in the top wideout of the day being the top corner of the day's responsibility, and vice versa. If their WR1 gets 300 yards and 3 TDs, regardless of your scheme, it's on the CB1. Same for their WR2 vs your CB2, their slot receiver guy vs your slot defender, your tight end vs the LB or safety who normally guards tight ends, etc.
    Last edited by UNT Eagles 2016; 05-31-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Thread Information