CB - Captain Munnerlyn
    WR - Charles Johnson

Draft Additions:
    RB - Christian McCaffery (1st Round)
    WR - Curtis Samuels (2nd Round)
    OT - Taylor Moton (2nd Round)
    DE - Daeshon Hall (3rd round)
    CB - Corn Elder (5th round)

Got Christian McCaffery and Curtis Samuel in first two rounds. No excuses for Cam - he has weapons. Both are going to be great additions to the offense.

Picked up 4 potential starters in free agency and two in the draft.
    Last edited by N0 LyF3 ScRuB; 04-30-2017 at 06:36 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    matt kalil and charles johnson are garbage. mike adams is nice, and peppers still has some gas in the tank as a situational pass rusher.

but yeah, they invested in Cam in the draft pretty heavily. big prove-it season for him after least year...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm getting McCaffrey and Samuels out in space with ball in hand. Both can go the distance at any time. So if Newton can get his game back together, a healthy Benjamin and the stud Olsen that O should be vastly improved over 2016. But....D???

And, both the Falcons and Buc's are improving.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    Mike Shula wants to give Cam Newton more Tom Brady-style passes

The Panthers have been talking about evolving their offense all offseason. Specifically, they want to try to turn Cam Newton into a little more of a Tom Brady.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-style-passes/

Holy , the Panthers are delusional. The smart move for them would be to tank for Darnold this season, but instead they're tricking themselves into thinking a gimmick game-manager can be the new Brady.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm getting McCaffrey and Samuels out in space with ball in hand. Both can go the distance at any time. So if Newton can get his game back together, a healthy Benjamin and the stud Olsen that O should be vastly improved over 2016. But....D???

With the NFC East and AFC West cannibalizing each other this year... the NFC North being average and the AFC East being 1 team and 3 bad rebuilding teams... the NFC South should have the gaudiest records in the league.

Falcons 11-5
    Bucs 11-5
    Saints 10-6
    Panthers 9-7

... or something like that.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    With the NFC East and AFC West cannibalizing each other this year... the NFC North being average and the AFC East being 1 team and 3 bad rebuilding teams... the NFC South should have the gaudiest records in the league.

Falcons 11-5
    Bucs 11-5
    Saints 10-6
    Panthers 9-7

... or something like that.
    You're en led to your own opinion, but those records are ridiculous. No point of even arguing with you because you will argue your stupid moot point - but if you think Carolina is the worst team in the division - and their year off last year was more off of lack of skill instead of injuries that plagued the team - then there's no point.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i wish they would have got cam another receiver either in the draft or FA. i heard kelvin benjamin has ballooned up to 280 smh

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i wish they would have got cam another receiver either in the draft or FA. i heard kelvin benjamin has ballooned up to 280 smh
    He came in overweight again, but he's not at 280. We got Curtis Samuels in the second round for our slot. He ran a 4.31 40 - the 12th fastest 40 in combine history. This year Shula wants to have Cam get rid of the ball early instead of his usual play action, long-developing routes. They want to use him and McCaffery like the Pats used White and Lewis.

Another pure receiver would have been nice, but these weapons Carolina picked up are going to help our offense out a LOT.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

Pretty much this. But our defense is looking really good in my opinion.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You're en led to your own opinion, but those records are ridiculous. No point of even arguing with you because you will argue your stupid moot point - but if you think Carolina is the worst team in the division - and their year off last year was more off of lack of skill instead of injuries that plagued the team - then there's no point.
    I don't think they're the "worst" team in the division. There's no "worst" team but it's a division with all 4 compe ive teams and maybe the only one in that regard (possibly outside of the NFC East). There's no rebuilding, bad, or mediocre teams in the division. Ultimately it's going to come down to, who plays at home against New England (Panthers go to Foxborough so that's a loss) and who plays who and WHEN on the schedule.

The AFC East is going to be historically lousy well at least the bottom 2 (Bills are a huge mess for now, Jets are starting their rebuilding process), you have one great team who coming off yet another championship will probably go 12-4 or so, maybe 11-5 at worst. A second team who overachieved given an easy schedule last year who won't be as good this year, they still don't have a legit QB or much on defense, their OL is meh too.

Meanwhile the NFC South features 4 of the game's top 15 quarterbacks and a bucket-load of offensive weapons on top of that.

I think the Panthers will rebound from last year for sure but that OL is still a question mark, I want to see the trips and quad option plays this year so the Panthers should be fun to watch if so.

I have:

@ 49ers W
    vs Bills W
    vs Saints W
    @ Patriots L
    @ Lions L
    vs Eagles W
    @ Bears W
    @ Buccaneers W
    vs Falcons L
    vs Dolphins W
    @ Jets W
    @ Saints L
    vs Vikings W
    vs Packers L
    vs Buccaneers L
    @ Falcons L

9-7

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    I have us going 10-6/9-7 with a wildcard so that's fair. I expect Tampa to play well around the same record, and I could easily see ATL collapsing (Ryan is a midget mentally) or maintaining their play. I don't see New Orleans sniffing 10 wins this year - and I don't see us missing out on the playoffs with most likely a wildcard berth.

But that's why the games are played.

@ 49ers W
    vs Bills W
    vs Saints W
    @ Patriots L
    @ Lions L
    vs Eagles W
    @ Bears W
    @ Buccaneers L
    vs Falcons W
    vs Dolphins W
    @ Jets W
    @ Saints W
    vs Vikings W
    vs Packers W
    vs Buccaneers L
    @ Falcons L

10-6 with 11-5 and 9-7 chances

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The NFC South division games are going to be fun and exciting and compe ive as . Prepare for a lot of 45-38 type games and the like.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I have us going 10-6/9-7 with a wildcard so that's fair. I expect Tampa to play well around the same record, and I could easily see ATL collapsing (Ryan is a midget mentally) or maintaining their play. I don't see New Orleans sniffing 10 wins this year - and I don't see us missing out on the playoffs with most likely a wildcard berth.

@ 49ers W
    vs Bills W
    vs Saints W
    @ Patriots L
    @ Lions L
    vs Eagles W
    @ Bears W
    @ Buccaneers L
    vs Falcons W
    vs Dolphins W
    @ Jets W
    @ Saints W
    vs Vikings W
    vs Packers W
    vs Buccaneers L
    @ Falcons L

9-7 won't make the WC in the deep NFC this year and yes I can see you beating the Packers and going 10-6. But 10-6 won't necessarily lock you in in the NFC, either.

I can't see the Saints regressing that bad. Brees and that offense is still dynamic and they did improve again on defense -- little by little, but if their 2 star oft-injured young corners stay healthy it could be a tipping point. Plus they have the best DT combo in the division. LBs still a big problem for the Saints.

Plus, the Saints lost 3 non-division games last year by a combined 5 points, twice at home on a fluke play that won't happen again. They outperformed their record and they were the #1 offense in the league, even better than the Falcons.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Okay, maybe the Saints go 9-7 and the Panthers 10-6. That's a fair assessment. Perhaps one of the NFC North teams not named the Packers overachieves (doubt it... Lions is a possibility) and the Saints lose that one. Maybe they lose in MIN to the Vikings on opening Monday night. Whatever.

Division has come a long, long, loooooooooooong, LONG way since the abomination of 2014 and could be a not-so-dark-horse candidate to be talked about as the "best" division in football this year, at least record wise.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No logical reasoning as to why the Panthers can't compete for the division le....none? Can they beat the Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys in the playoffs? There I have my doubts.

What sucks is those fans who get totally out of touch with reality because they like a player/team or don't like some player/team. This does suck. Keep it real.
    Last edited by Avante; 05-01-2017 at 12:53 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No logical reasoning as to why the Panthers can't compete for the division le....none? Can they beat the Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys in the playoffs? There I have my doubts.

What sucks is those fans who get totally out of touch with reality because they like a player/team or don't like some player/team. This does suck. Keep it real.
    The logical reasoning is that it's an ultra-tough division with 4 quality teams and they're playing the AFC East next year which will be godawful outside of Foxboro because of all the rebuilding and bad QB play.

Can they compete? Yes

Can they win it? Possibly, but not probably. Like NLS said, the Saints are probably the weakest team (barely) in the division, they'll likely go 8-8 or 9-7 or so but still be very compe ive and their offense very hard to contain. I give the Panthers about a 25% shot to win that stacked division. Falcons the in bent 35%, rising dynamic Bucs 30%, which leaves around 10% for the Saints who still have the biggest defensive flaws.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I do see a path to 11-5 for the Panthers but they really need to have a fast start around that Patriots loss, play well through the end of November because December looks rough for them.

Falcons and Panthers are only proven teams. Saints haven't made playoffs in a long while and Tampa is not worth discussing.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

@ 49ers W
    vs Bills W
    vs Saints W
    @ Patriots L
    @ Lions L
    vs Eagles W
    @ Bears W
    @ Buccaneers L
    vs Falcons W
    vs Dolphins W
    @ Jets W
    @ Saints W
    vs Vikings W
    vs Packers W
    vs Buccaneers L
    @ Falcons L

You guys aren't gonna sweep us. Sorry. We were better last year and we had a ton of injuries as well and lost a ton of close games throughout the season. You guys didn't improve enough to be able to sweep us especially when we improved our defense, o-line, and running game. Your injuries weren't any worse than ours throughout the season.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    You guys aren't gonna sweep us. Sorry. We were better last year and we had a ton of injuries as well and lost a ton of close games throughout the season. You guys didn't improve enough to be able to sweep us especially when we improved our defense, o-line, and running game. Your injuries weren't any worse than ours throughout the season.
    It's not that I think you guys suck or anything. I think any team can make the playoffs this year. But come on man. Cam, Kuechly, Ryan Kalil, Michael Oher, Bradberry, J-Stew were all injured at some point. Those are all significant players.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    The Saints have a real quarterback, so they will always have a great chance to beat Carolina.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Panthers cut Tre Boston. Pretty down about this. He was okay as a starter but he was great when we went 15-1. Can't pay a back-up starter money.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Michael Oher is garbage unless they're going to play him at guard or something... Bradberry is one of the worst starting corners in the league. At least they got Munnerlyn

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Right. I have you guys splitting. I think either NO or CAR goes 10-6 or 11-5, the other goes 9-7 or 8-8. The better of the two has a good shot to get into the playoffs along with TB. A chance at two wild cards or no wild cards, depending on how the NFC East performs.

We know the NFC West is going to be 1 great team 3 bad teams, NFC North the same except their the Lions or Vikings (but not both -- leaning towards the Lions because the Vikings offense sucks) could carve out a 9-7 or so season but they're facing the tough NFC South and AFC North so they'll be a little down too outside the Packers.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Michael Oher is garbage unless they're going to play him at guard or something... Bradberry is one of the worst starting corners in the league. At least they got Munnerlyn
    Bradberry was one of the better corners in the league last year regardless of age. PFF had him with a better season than Norman

Thread Information