Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Good move by the Panthers. They needed a real QB, not a gimmick, and Gettleman failed to get them one.
    Dude, all that matters is winning, ok dummy? Gimmick, pocket passer, sprinter, fat ....it doesn't matter as long as ya win,...ok?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Wow... what the .

On one side, Gettleman has made some serious bone-headed moves like releasing Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, and Josh Norman - all in bad taste. He's released good players off of one bad game that are great players (Tre Boston, Bene Benwikere). He is a "stick to my guns" guy and he I wanted him canned when we got rid of Norman.

But, he rebuilt this team. He drafted some absolute studs (Kuechly, Kawann Short, Star Loutelelei, Shaq). He had a vision for the team and I really liked his offseason signings both in free agency and through the draft. He had a proven pedigree with getting the Giants to win two super bowls.

Word on the street is that he wanted to release Thomas Davis - an absolute fan favorite and is one of the people behind the "Keep Pounding" moniker. Our own, old senile Jerry Richardson - was not a fan of how we got rid of two players in particular that meant a lot to the organization (Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams) and as a result canned him before doing it.

This organization is an absolute mess. Hopefully the players can overcome this distraction, because we have a great team this year.
    Hurney drafted Luke, not DG. tbh gettlemen was a mediocre evaluator of talent, only KK ever made all-pro. this team was and still is built on a foundation of hurney players and big cat got sick of gettlemen letting talent go and running off veterans.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    First thing you'll notice is unlike the kids here you won;t be seeing me freaking out over anything early in a season or week to week, it just doesn't work that way.
    After one preseason game:

Tom Savage will be on the bench by turkeyday if he lasts that long. Watson simply has.....IT.
    Savage won't end the season as the Texans QB.
    lol old got

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    After one preseason game:

lol old got
    I don't blame ya little man, get it off you bragging on soon to be bench warmer Tom "Best QB in Texas" Savage, and you do know that was about you and you're stupidity.........right? And you ate it up like I knew ya would.....hook...line....sinker.

Noway I;m leting you live this one down got, this will join....

Derek Anderson is better than Cam Newton
    The Bills are raping the Raiders (somethig to that effect) ....Raiders win.
    Muffed a punt, hahah....just before............Tyreek Hill returns the next one 70 whatever....TOUCHDOWN~~~~

Dude, your kind of stupid should be illegal.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    chirp chirp

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hurney drafted Luke, not DG. tbh gettlemen was a mediocre evaluator of talent, only KK ever made all-pro. this team was and still is built on a foundation of hurney players and big cat got sick of gettlemen letting talent go and running off veterans.
    Overpaying your OK right guard was

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Overpaying your OK right guard was
    2x Pro Bowl

Hopefully Norwell is next.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    2x Pro Bowl

Hopefully Norwell is next.
    that's the ticket to perennial mediocrity. Giving premium pay to arguably the 2 out of 22 least important position players. Not even tackle... frickin' GUARD. The big bowling ball in between the center and tackles whose sole job is to hit and push people backwards in the running game. And we're not talking guards who can also be elite tackles, either.

Don't forget, OL was the problem last year... Kalil brothers are average and can't stay healthy, Oher is average and rarely healthy, etc, one of the worst OL's in the league and you're going to go all Jacksonville on us?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    You honestly have no clue what you are talking about.... again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You honestly have no clue what you are talking about.... again.
    The general rule is you pay money 5 players money 5 money... with maybe two other guys outside of the money 5 position group getting money 5 money, such as some combo of two of the following... elite S, LB, DT, TE or OL.

But, you don't blow ALL your spare change on the run blocking pegs in the middle of the far more important edge protectors and nose protector who functions double as the ball snapper... football anatomy, 101.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Example... Seattle. They have 4 players outside the money 5 being paid top dollar, but that comes at a cost... not one, but two money-5 positions on their team are not adequately filled because they splurged on their SS, FS, LB and underachieving TE. At least with Chancellor, Thomas, and Wagner you can say they are worth it.

But their LT situation and really OL in general is in the toilet. Same can be said for wideout, arguably. Seattle almost, almost considered not maxing out Wilson in 2015 because of this. But QB is still the most important position in the game.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Carolina absolutely dominated San Francisco despite Cam Newton being rusty and missing a couple passes. In the second half, however, he went 6/6. This was in large part due to our defense who was absolutely shut down. Four sacks in the first half, our defensive line didn't let Hoyer relax. Peppers got his first sack of the year - only 5 a way from being fourth all-time in sacks.

There is a lot of hype on social media about the Panthers defense potentially being the best in the league again. Our front seven is absolutely shut down and the only questions in the DB area is Daryl Worley and possibly Mike Adams due to age.

Offensively, McCaffrey had a LOT of touches last game - and did pretty well. That being said, it needs to be toned down. Benjamin and Olsen had a combined three catches, and Devin Funchess had more snaps than Benjamin. Curtis Samuel being healthy should see him in the game a lot this week against Buffalo, and should give more vertical speed. Shoutout to Russell Shephard for getting the first touchdown pass of the year. I know Silver&Black is upset about losing him on the Bucs.

The most beautiful part of last week was the fact that our offensive line was beast. No sacks on Newton, which is a huge difference from last year. Looks like the line is carrying their momentum from a great preseason into the year. So glad we picked up Matt Kalil. Our offensive guards are great too.

The biggest question for us this year is health. We have an older team - so conditioning and lack of injury bug is huge for us.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LB corps is best in the league, not sure about the whole front 7. DEs are just okay, no big name pass rushers to speak of.

Though beating San Francisco is not something to write home about, obviously. The offense should have scored more, too. SF is arguably the worst team in the whole NFC along with Chicago.

I want to see them crush the Bills today. Tired of seeing them and trash college offense quarterback Tyrod Taylor overachieve every year.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Panthers just traded fatass to the Bills.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As an objective fantasy football owner of Benjamin, this sucks. Why couldn't they trade him to a team with a half decent QB?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    For a 3rd and a 7th. Bills still have a 3rd round pick left for 2018 draft and we should be getting some compensatory picks as well for the dudes we've cut/traded/lost to FA. WR is a glaring need on this team so hopefully he makes an impact.

I love our roster moves since the new regime took over, though...they've made believers out of everyone, and actually seem to have a plan in place. Now if we can only get a QB...

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I've got him in both my leagues. Doesn't move the needle much for his value but he dodges a bye week. Will have a 17 game season

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm considering trading him. What do you all think? He's numbers won't decline?

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I'm considering trading him. What do you all think? He's numbers won't decline?
    Oh his #'s will decline alright, unless you see him shining in a 13ppg offense.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    First I may lose the service of Zeke and now someone I used a in a flex rotation with T.Hill is on the Bills? Man, there goes my perch as top scoring offense in the league

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Oh his #'s will decline alright, unless you see him shining in a 13ppg offense.
    Even in a PPR?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    good riddance to this fat got tbh. came to training camp grossly overweight in a contract year, constantly either ran the wrong route or just gave up on them, walked out of practice on several occasions, and was just an all around pussy who got out-muscled by defensive backs half a foot shorter than him. hope he likes the freezing as weather after playing in florida and charlotte his whole life...

Thread Information