Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Saw Tropic Thunder yesterday. Guess you can add that one to the list.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Great call. Had this on VHS as a kid. Cusack and Zuniga had really good chemistry.

Some big actors in there in small roles too...like a Tim Robbins and Anthony Edwards.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A Few Good Men

Doesn't matter if I come in ten minutes in, or ten minutes to go, I will always watch it through.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    A Few Good Men

Doesn't matter if I come in ten minutes in, or ten minutes to go, I will always watch it through.
    I don't like them winning in that. I won't do it, Ooze.

Though that was Moore's prime. The prime of her prime. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous there. I will look at that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Catch me if you can tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I don't like them winning in that. I won't do it, Ooze.

Though that was Moore's prime. The prime of her prime. Absolutely drop dead gorgeous there. I will look at that.
    I don't like it either. But the truth is, nobody actually wins...nobody. Nicholson ultimately takes the fall, but he delivers serious body blows all the others while going down. They all lose, even the U.S.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I don't like it either. But the truth is, nobody actually wins...nobody. Nicholson ultimately takes the fall, but he delivers serious body blows all the others while going down. They all lose, even the U.S.
    I see it different. (They) win,,,I lose.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Catch me if you can tbh
    I don't know if I've seen the whole movie but I love this scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    "I tell you those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream about."

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    the en y

it was a perfect stew of fear and hotness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    I don't know if I've seen the whole movie but I love this scene.

That's a good one. It has a lot of great scenes tbh. The ones with Di Caprio and Walken are fantastic. He (Walken) was brilliant in this movie imo

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The original "Carrie"---I found a fine book that critiques King's stories turned to film. Here's an excerpt that is quite enjoyable & informative:::

[[[Snell is the first girl that Carrie encounters when she emerges wet and bloody from the shower; she comes to Sue directly in her desperate search for assistance. Carrie grabs the sleeve of Sue's white blouse with her right hand, literally marking her with the menstrual blood. But Sue chooses, at least at this point, to reject Carrie's avatar. For it is Sue who leads the group in their collective torture, opening the sanitary napkin dispenser, passing out pads to the other girls, and commencing the actual airborne assault on Carrie. When Miss Collins arrives on the scene, Sue is deliberately singled out for her actions: Even though she is part of a larger group, the gym teacher calls only her name, shakes Sue by the shoulders, and asks directly: "Sue, what are you doing?" At this point something happens to Sue Snell: Miss Collins forces her to confront her own behavior. The camera scans the young woman's face, and it is clear that she is experiencing a dark epiphany. While the other girls exit the locker room giggling and snickering in the aftermath of their warped fun, Sue lingers in a corner created by the sanitary pad dispenser, her face drained of emotion, and she is the last to leave the locker room. From this point on, Sue's role changes dramatically as she seeks exculpation. Each of her well-intentioned efforts toward Carrie, however, is incapable of diverting the disaster that appears destined to take place. (The reproduction of Da Vinci's "Last Supper" that hangs on the dining room wall of Carrie's house underscores the film's larger themes of doom and destiny, as Jesus conducts the supper already aware of his fate and, most of all, that He has already been betrayed by one of disciples. Similarly, Carrie will be betrayed by her own mother, knifed in the back when she returns from the her telekinetic prom where she wrongly believes herself deceived by Miss Collins and her classmates.)...]]]

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail, tbh.

I wouldn't be caught dead watching that malarkey. That ain't for a RobinsonPERIOD

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Redemption:::

[[[---defiant in answering the board's officious questions, calling one of its members "Sonny" questioning their understanding of the word "rehabilitation," clearly unafraid of another stamped rejection. For the first time in the film he appears almost y, standing up for himself in the face of bureaucratic authority. Similarly, upon his release, Red rejects Brooks's choice of suicide and instead follows Andy's directions to the end of yet another rock wall, where he discovers a piece of volcanic glass covering a tin box with a boat on its cover. These rocks complete the geological symbolism of the film, suggesting the volcanic potential of hope (the box contains enough money to get Red to Mexico and to the boat Andy is restoring) and the life force itself. But this scene also links Red and Andy in an even more intimate fashion. At the base of this wall, years earlier, Any first professed his love to his future wife, a woman who eventually betrayed him. In bringing Red to this same place, Andy risks failure once more. This is in keeping with his character all through the film, as we see his patience manifested in helping Tommy (Gil Bellows) obtain his high school equivalency diploma or in creating the prison's elaborate library facility for the enjoyment of his fellow inmates Andy is a man who cares deeply for the people he loves, and he is willing to take the risks that love entails. Like the geological processes that have produced the rocks samples he so admires, Dufresne's commitment to the projects he undertakes or to the people he loves is constant. Perhaps this is the reason why his wife's inconstancy so thoroughly unnerves him: Andy could never envision himself betraying her. His marriage may have ended prematurely and disastrously, he hopes his friendship with Red will not.]]]

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    I can watch these movies over and over.

Shawshank Redemption
    Goodfellas
    American History X
    Unfaithful
    A Perfect Murder
    The Professional
    John Wick I and II
    Platoon
    The Pianist
    Schindlers List
    Incredibly underrated IMO. Michael Douglas throwing 98 mile an hour fast balls for two hours.

Same goes for Wallstreet and "The Game". Wallstreet sequel with Le- was terrible though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Catch me if you can tbh
    Also great. Was doing the 60s retro stuff before it was trendy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Incredibly underrated IMO. Michael Douglas throwing 98 mile an hour fast balls for two hours.
    Yep, and you're cheering for him. That wise ass Detective though is the problem. The .

The lifestyle of the rich is on full display---her mother mistrusts Douglas but doesn't have to say it---the relationship between the suave detective and the fat detective is great and show class difference even at that vocation---Viggio underestimating Douglas:::"Hows that for wet work, huh?" as Douglas snatches the life right out of him---"Think Chernobyl." is the counsel Douglas's financial advisors forewarn him,,,and the facial response from Douglas...he's poleaxed.

Excellent citation, bomb.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Baylor Bears
    How has Forrest Gump not gotten one mention yet?

Others mentioned...
    Braveheart
    Shawshank
    Saving Pvt Ryan
    A Few Good Men
    My Cousin Vinny
    Godfather

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    How has Forrest Gump not gotten one mention yet?
    It's tedious & near maddening with the horse staging of events.

It's no more than a curiosity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Patton

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    It's too staged & "clean" for a supposed account of this man. It's lacking, &. Overrated.

I always found "MacArthur" with Peck a much better film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    It's too staged & "clean" for a supposed account of this man. It's lacking, &. Overrated.

I always found "MacArthur" with Peck a much better film.
    Agree to disagree.

"Gentlemen. From this moment on any man without legging, without a helmet, without a tie, any man with unshined shoes or a soiled uniform..................Is going to be skinned."

--Patton

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Agree to disagree.

"Gentlemen. From this moment on any man without legging, without a helmet, without a tie, any man with unshined shoes or a soiled uniform..................Is going to be skinned."

--Patton
    I imagine those leggings were a pain in the ass, but, if used were very effective.

Thread Information