Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So who won the draft??

Surprise team of 2017?? Your pick?

What about team most likely to disappoint in 2017?

I think the surprise team, if any, will come out of the AFC South. Or else maybe the Eagles.

Likely to disappoint? Some team from the AFC West not named the Raiders. Money is on Denver. KC another possibility, their record was far better than they were last year. Football gods are done paying Berry back for the cancer.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How can we possibily know who won the draft until we see who panned out and who didn't? How many times has that ....who?...from...where?...surprised, while that big stud from Bama, USC, Texas etc bombed?

I need to sit down and study the schedules before I can talk about who will surprise and disappoint.

I have no idea why the raiders signed Marshawn Lynch tbh. I'm really excited to see what Andy Reid can do with Patrick Mahomes. Leonard Fournette is not winning OROY. The Jags are a horrible organization. I wonder how much cap/money they're losing from signing Ivory to that huge deal, not to mention Yeldon. Gus Bradley staying around so long. Smh.

I'd bet on McCaffery winning OROY just from putting up tons of numbers. Panthers are still gonna suck.

Bengals win the AFC north, or at worst get a wild card spot.

ans win AFC south. Texans get the other wild card spot. Chuck Pagano finally gets fired. This one I'm iffy on. I see the Colts doing well, but still losing the division. So do you fire Pagano in that situation? He should have already been gone imo.

Seahawks win NFC West but barely above .500.

Saints win NFC south. 11 wins.

Cowboys regress but still win the division. Dak misses a few games.

Patriots win the Superbowl. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated.

I want to bet against the Packers, but the rest of the division is dog . Rodgers is gonna get worn out eventually man. He's gonna be the whole offense again this year. The weird part is that when he is their whole offense, they roll. When they got Montgomery involved a lot in the passing game, they were successful. Mike McCarthy is a re .

Chargers win AFC west. Raiders regress. Broncos are middling.

Another down year for Black QBs.
    Last edited by jimbo; 05-05-2017 at 12:51 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Bears drafted "The Human Joystick" Tarik Cohen out of an HBCU school, NCA&T. The first HBCUer to have a 1000 yds rushing in the NFL was Niner J.D.Smith in the late 50's, he was a converted DB, out of...NCA&T.

Cohen is amzing as we will see.

Career Rushing/Receiving Stats

Year Team G Rush Yds Yd/Rush TDs Rec Yds Yd/Rec TDs
    2013 NCA&T 11 195 1148 5.9 8 11 152 13.8 1
    2014 NCA&T 11 197 1340 6.8 15 25 237 9.5 1
    2015 NCA&T 12 264 1543 5.8 15 25 217 8.7 0
    2016 NCA&T 12 212 1588 7.5 18 37 339 9.2 1
    Career 46 868 5619 6.5 56 98 945 9.6 3

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bump. Because the NBA.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I have no idea why the raiders signed Marshawn Lynch tbh. I'm really excited to see what Andy Reid can do with Patrick Mahomes. Leonard Fournette is not winning OROY. The Jags are a horrible organization. I wonder how much cap/money they're losing from signing Ivory to that huge deal, not to mention Yeldon. Gus Bradley staying around so long. Smh.

I'd bet on McCaffery winning OROY just from putting up tons of numbers. Panthers are still gonna suck.

Bengals win the AFC north, or at worst get a wild card spot.

ans win AFC south. Texans get the other wild card spot. Chuck Pagano finally gets fired. This one I'm iffy on. I see the Colts doing well, but still losing the division. So do you fire Pagano in that situation? He should have already been gone imo.

Seahawks win NFC West but barely above .500.

Saints win NFC south. 11 wins.

Cowboys regress but still win the division. Dak misses a few games.

Patriots win the Superbowl. Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated.

I want to bet against the Packers, but the rest of the division is dog . Rodgers is gonna get worn out eventually man. He's gonna be the whole offense again this year. The weird part is that when he is their whole offense, they roll. When they got Montgomery involved a lot in the passing game, they were successful. Mike McCarthy is a re .

Chargers win AFC west. Raiders regress. Broncos are middling.

Another down year for Black QBs.
    Lynch is still a top 5 bell cow if he stays healthy. Same with AP, Zeke, and Murray. Murray is why the ans can perhaps win that crappy division. Mariota isn't bad at all, he's about league average. Don't see 2 teams getting in from that ty division, though. Raiders are not going to regress. If any team there regresses it's the Broncos. They have one of the worst QB situations in the league and their defense is old and they lost their star nose tackle for free. They might not win 7 games in that division, plus playing the greatly improved NFC East. Chiefs should regress too. The way they won games last year was really unsustainable long-term. If Eric Berry + Marcus Peters are a threat to combine to score more points than your QB on any given Sunday (and half their games, no less) well, that's a problem.

NFC West is as bad as it's been since 2010 outside of Seattle and the Seahawks have an extremely easy schedule. I don't see them winning less than 12. Rams are going to be worse than ever, they just ed with their only decent thing which was their front 7 on defense. 49ers are still a couple years away from getting out of the cellar. Cardinals should hit rock bottom this year as they lost half their defense in free agency, and their defense was the only good thing they had last year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Welp, it's officially NFL season now, since the NBA is over for all practical purposes (same two-team monotony)...

I like the rule change to allow celebrations, but the owners brainfarted with shortening overtimes... Nobody and no fan wants more ties... explain.

Thread Information