Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Kawhi leaves to play with other all stars so Greg and Buford leave this team (scared of being exposed) & San Antonio fat fans can finally have a reason to not sit their lard asses in those seats. Was done with those clowns when they showed up late to Timmy's last home game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope Kawhi leaves to play with other all stars so Greg and Buford leave this team (scared of being exposed) & San Antonio fat fans can finally have a reason to not sit their lard asses in those seats. Was done with those clowns when they showed up late to Timmy's last home game.
    Ok Joe. No one gives a what you think, you should have learned that by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a fun way to follow a team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ok Joe. No one gives a what you think, you should have learned that by now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit the first confirmed fatso in spurstalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is going to be more in play in FA than previously thought..Watch out for Jerry West and the Clippers..

My advice to PATFO is to lock him up as fast as possible with Supermax since it looks like they are going nowhere as far as building legit contender around him..Can't lose everything in the process..
    Last edited by spursistan; 07-03-2017 at 05:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi does stick around there is no doubt in my mind Spurs will win another le at some point in his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Kawhi does stick around there is no doubt in my mind Spurs will win another le at some point in his career.
    not with Popovich as coach cuz that means Ginobli will still be here along with Parker still starting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The people who want Kawhi to leave are not spur fans. The majority of them are bandwagon fans that jumped on the bandwagon back in '14. They are also player fans along with a lot of them being trolls.
    Not all of them man. I've been a Spurs fan since '93 and I just don't want to see Kawhi go through what D-Rob went through (that was heartbreaking to me watching him carry the huge load he had to until the Spurs got lucky and won the draft lottery to be able to get Tim Duncan). If the Spurs can't do anything to surround him with a legit Championship contending team, then he should look at going somewhere that can. He's worked his ass off to become the type of player that he said he wanted to become. The fact that he didn't come into the league with that kind of talent tells me that he has a burning desire to win Championships and be the best player that he can be. I don't think it will set well with him to not be competing for Championships, but again, most of us don't know what he really thinks as he doesn't talk much. That's just my guess/opinion. With all that hard work, he's now turned himself into a Superstar (which I have not seen happen with someone who was projected to be a high-end role player coming into the NBA), and I just think that he should be competing for Championships. Doesn't mean I'm not a Spurs fan. I want him to stay on the team, but I won't blame him if he wants to leave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi is going to be more in play in FA than previously thought..Watch out for Jerry West and the Clippers..

My advice to PATFO is to lock him up as fast as possible with Supermax since it looks like they are going nowhere as far as building legit contender around him..Can't lose everything in the process..
    I think a lot of what PATFO are currently doing (or not doing) is to ensure that the team can afford to offer Kawhi a supermax deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's quiet but the "he's not a vocal guy" is old. We saw him in last season and playoffs demanding the ball when the team was in trouble, calling plays for others, talking with Murray and the other young guys on the bench...

It's the result of the maturity Kawhi has gained as a man and player in last years, also an effect of TD's retirement, we all can see that Kawhi has become a leader.

He can handle those new situations in other environments, he's a strong compe or and will be the same guy in SA, LA, or Jupiter, but agree with you he will stay.

He will stay with the Spurs even if he has to play with a bunch of mediocre role players the rest of his career...

He'll stay in San Antonio for the same reason he played for SDSU, other bigger programs tried to recruit him after Fisher/SD showed interest in Kawhi but he decided to stay with the guys who called him first, who trusted in him most...
    Kawhi will stay in San Antonio, not because he's "a highly introverted person" but because he's a LOYAL guy.

People who say Kawhi will leave just don't know him, which is sad if we consider he already played 6 years for us...
    good to remember that. He was very loyal to an unheralded team in SDSU.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all of them man. I've been a Spurs fan since '93 and I just don't want to see Kawhi go through what D-Rob went through (that was heartbreaking to me watching him carry the huge load he had to until the Spurs got lucky and won the draft lottery to be able to get Tim Duncan). If the Spurs can't do anything to surround him with a legit Championship contending team, then he should look at going somewhere that can. He's worked his ass off to become the type of player that he said he wanted to become. The fact that he didn't come into the league with that kind of talent tells me that he has a burning desire to win Championships and be the best player that he can be. I don't think it will set well with him to not be competing for Championships, but again, most of us don't know what he really thinks as he doesn't talk much. That's just my guess/opinion. With all that hard work, he's now turned himself into a Superstar (which I have not seen happen with someone who was projected to be a high-end role player coming into the NBA), and I just think that he should be competing for Championships. Doesn't mean I'm not a Spurs fan. I want him to stay on the team, but I won't blame him if he wants to leave.
    I can understand why he would leave the Spurs and like you said I wouldn't hold it against him. If he leaves it's due to the Spurs having a bad roster. This goes back to what I originally said which is your not a real Spur fan if your hoping and your rooting for Kawhi to leave the Spurs. You have to be a dumbass to want that to happen which a lot of these fair weather fans are hoping for it to happen. This forum has been filled with these type of fans the last few years. Prior to Kawhi's MVP season they were dumbasses who would get upset after a spurs victory and complain that Kawhi should force trade since Pop did not allow him to get 30 in the game. With that being said these fans are bandwagon fans and player fans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been questioning the FO since the 2007 off-season. I really wanted to reload that year, but the dumb s brought back the same team while other teams reloaded and passed them by.

Get the heck out of there, Kawhi. They need the ultimate lesson taught to them.
    Yes such a great lesson to be learned because it's easy to draft and find superstar players like Kawhi. A bunch of trips to the lottery will be a fun experience for real spur fans. Your saying this out anger and frustration but lets be real the FO will not suffer if Kawhi leaves. Pop and RC are set for life financially and their legacies are set from winning the 5 les. Look at how much Riley has suffered since Lebron left which is he hasn't suffered much despite being the reason to why Lebron left so I doubt RC and Pop suffer since they are viewed in the same light by the media as Riley. Yes it will hurt them for a short period of time but they will get over it immediately. In the end it's the fans who will suffer the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spur for life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    98M commited to 2 players that can't stay on the floor against Golden State

Go be the Rose in this anic, Kawhi. Go before it's too late.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    98M commited to 2 players that can't stay on the floor against Golden State

Go be the Rose in this anic, Kawhi. Go before it's too late.
    But I bet you when he carries his scrub teamates, media will be

RC and Pop and culture

Just go home to LA kawhi you dont deserve this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I bet you when he carries his scrub teamates, media will be

RC and Pop and culture

Just go home to LA kawhi you dont deserve this.
    Already heard it in the summer league. "Pop will be the key in how far this team goes"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would any spur fan want this?
    people should be spur fans not player fans

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would any spur fan want this?
    people should be spur fans not player fans
    They are not spur fans. They are Kawhi fans. Most of them are bandwagon jumpers from '14. Also a lot of them are trolls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are not spur fans. They are Kawhi fans. Most of them are bandwagon jumpers from '14. Also a lot of them are trolls.
    Neither, they are hunting for attention. Get with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither, they are hunting for attention. Get with it.
    Then they are trolls which I already pointed out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put it in one word: yup.

They're needed here though. tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO fluffer mod deleted your thread apalisoc_9

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not all of them are trolls. Both you and Ducks should know of a different angle as I think the three of us grew up watching David Robinson.

When I was a kid I was heartbroken watching D-Rob have to carry a team all season and then saw him break down by the time the playoffs rolled around, or even if he was healthy, watch him be humiliated in the playoffs by teams with players that weren't better than him individually, but the opposing players' teams had much better supporting casts. I hated seeing that and watching him go through that to the point where his body broke down and his prime didn't last as long as I think it should have. I don't want to see that happen to Kawhi. He's worked his ass off to get to this point and I wouldn't want to see what happened with D-Rob happen to him.

That's why I wouldn't be upset with Kawhi if he left. I want him to compete for Championships and have a long career. He saved us by helping Tim get number 5. I really do feel Tim should have had a minimum of 5 rings, so I am forever grateful for that. It just wouldn't have sat well with me if he had less than Kobe, Magic Johnson and some of those guys. I think we should have had 6-8 rings, but we had some bad luck along the way, and also the re-tooling/reloading after some of the Championships wasn't good enough to repeat with the supporting casts he had to work with (2006 being the exception, the Spurs were the best team that season and should have won it). Kawhi helped the Spurs get that 5th one to make sure TD cemented himself as one of the top 5 players of all-time IMO, which is where I always thought he should be when he started his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PATFO fluffer mod deleted your thread apalisoc_9
    How did you get a new avatar?

Thread Information