Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their precious "culture" and antiquated roster/style cost them not only Paul, but will cost them any available superstar or star in the future. They're already up against it in a non destination city and this militaristic, holier than though, we don't play the behind the scenes schmooze fest game, only exacerbates matters. Leonard and Pop, in particular, better start playing it, or they can watch more teams pass them by, while clinging to hopes that Murray turns into a star and they can attract some unicorn down the line.

It's also the latest indication that, as much as most everyone claims to respect them, they don't really want to play for them. They got Aldridge, a second tier star, out of cir stance and even then, he had to be talked out of the irrelevant Suns. They had a greater need for Paul and just closed out Rockets sans Leonard and Parker and he still choose them. That speaks volumes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans are to spoiled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Mods, can we get a sticky please?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs "got with the times" two years ago.

They signed Aldridge.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans are too spoiled.
    Grammar police gotcha covered

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you explain to me how this "cost them Paul"? They were obviously his second choice based on several reports today - which means he had them ranked ahead of a bunch of other teams. The Spurs got an interview with Durant last summer.

Seriously, you're all acting like we LOST an in bent star. Imagine being a Thunder fan, a Clippers fan, etc. Heck, the Lakers had Dwight walk years ago.

Everyone shut up and wait until FA shakes out, then come complain if things look dire. Spurs have a top 5 player in the league without question, and probably a top 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey is making moves now to put HOU above SA on paper. Even so, I have almost complete confidence that the Spurs will be the better team. I have my problems with Pop and even Kawhi, but I don't think they did anything wrong here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you explain to me how this "cost them Paul"? They were obviously his second choice based on several reports today - which means he had them ranked ahead of a bunch of other teams. The Spurs got an interview with Durant last summer.

Seriously, you're all acting like we LOST an in bent star. Imagine being a Thunder fan, a Clippers fan, etc. Heck, the Lakers had Dwight walk years ago.

Everyone shut up and wait until FA shakes out, then come complain if things look dire. Spurs have a top 5 player in the league without question, and probably a top 3.
    He's clearly the second best player in the league, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The precious culture has given us twenty 50 wins seasons, 5 les, lengthy playoffs runs. Too many teams get short sighted and go all in. Twolves went all in with Cassel and spreewell and have looked awful since. Jazz have slowly rebuilt since Derrick Williams prime days and are about to lose their star. Lakers went all in on Dwight and Nash and have not got close to the playoffs since. And the Nets are behind for the next 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morey is making moves now to put HOU above SA on paper. Even so, I have almost complete confidence that the Spurs will be the better team. I have my problems with Pop and even Kawhi, but I don't think they did anything wrong here.
    CP3 and Harden are going to eat our young guards and slow-footed bigs alive.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets probably wanted him more than the Spurs did tbh. They love a big splashy move. Hasn't worked for them yet.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been waiting for your cutting yourself thread

Was not disappointed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah the second best team in the league needs to get with the times, I agree!

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death, taxes, and Spurs fans whining on Spurtalk when the Spurs don't air all their offseason plans with ESPN/Twitter before July 1 even gets here.

Best thing everyone could do is log off and spend time with your family, friends, go buy a dog, something, until July 1.

Bunch of ty babies around here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 and Harden are going to eat our young guards and slow-footed bigs alive.
    Not worried about that. CP3 will have to be completely different player to make this difficult. With Kawhi, Green and even Simmons on the wing, they have the horses. And Murray being 6-5 means he can guard Ariza everywhere but in the post. Plus, D'Antoni.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their precious "culture" and antiquated roster/style cost them not only Paul, but will cost them any available superstar or star in the future. They're already up against it in a non destination city and this militaristic, holier than though, we don't play the behind the scenes schmooze fest game, only exacerbates matters. Leonard and Pop, in particular, better start playing it, or they can watch more teams pass them by, while clinging to hopes that Murray turns into a star and they can attract some unicorn down the line.

It's also the latest indication that, as much as most everyone claims to respect them, they don't really want to play for them. They got Aldridge, a second tier star, out of cir stance and even then, he had to be talked out of the irrelevant Suns. They had a greater need for Paul and just closed out Rockets sans Leonard and Parker and he still choose them. That speaks volumes.
    There's more to it. IMO

CP3 knows Melo likely going to HOU too. That played a big part in the decision. He's close w/ Melo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not worried about that. CP3 will have to be completely different player to make this difficult. With Kawhi, Green and even Simmons on the wing, they have the horses. And Murray being 6-5 means he can guard Ariza everywhere but in the post. Plus, D'Antoni.
    Once again, I love your optimism, but Danny is declining and we still don't know what happens with Simmons. Murray is great, but asking him to shut anyone down right now is asking a lot.

Easy buckets and assists for CP3 and Harden are incoming...

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

The media hype machine bagged another. CP3 jumped ship so fast to Houston, he didn't even wait around to hear what the Spurs had to say. Second choice? He literally told the Clippers he was signing with Rockets immediately after Clippers declined the 5th year of his mx deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once again, I love your optimism, but Danny is declining and we still don't know what happens with Simmons. Murray is great, but asking him to shut anyone down right now is asking a lot.

Easy buckets and assists for CP3 and Harden are incoming...
    Danny is declining, but so is Paul. We don't even know if he'll make it to the playoffs the way his body is going. Murray is not likely to shut anyone down, but he's big enough to contest Ariza's shots. I agree about the bigs if Gasol comes back. They need a defensive big pretty badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B-b-but loyalty and the Spurs way ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not even July 1st yet. Relax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny is declining, but so is Paul. We don't even know if he'll make it to the playoffs the way his body is going. Murray is not likely to shut anyone down, but he's big enough to contest Ariza's shots. I agree about the bigs if Gasol comes back. They need a defensive big pretty badly.
    Paul will still eat anyone not named Kawhi on this team alive. If Simmons comes back, I like our chances, but things don't look good if Pau does indeed come back - and I think he will.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    There's more to it. IMO

CP3 knows Melo likely going to HOU too. That played a big part in the decision. He's close w/ Melo.
    There's no way CP3 could know this. I'm having a hard time believing that it's a fact that Melo will be bought out by New York after Phil's firing. PG on the other hand....

Thread Information