Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duh..

He's two days removed from an ankle sprain. That ankle is still in pain.

It's just a sign that he's recovering and that the injury wasn't too serious. He's carrying heavy bags.

I guess you just can't help being a . He can't put enough weight on it to walk down a flight of steps normally, and somehow you've made up your mind that he's going to be fine to play basketball. SMDH.

I cant' help wonder how a couple of you pinheads know how heavy that backpack is. Lotsa ing psychics on ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok my photographer friend in SA just said on fb that kawhi is out for g3 however there are no sources here. Good good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok my photographer friend in SA just said on fb that kawhi is out for g3 however there are no sources here. Good good.
    Does he work for the spurs?

Unless the injury is severe, these sprain injuries typically are all game-time decisions.

He's got three full days left to recover.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not surenif this means anything at all. We're basically begging for am update now. We'll get an update tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just spoke to my friend's dad's boss' mistress' husband who happens to know the Spurs' team doctors. Kawhi will need to have his foot amputated at the ankle. Game-time decision for Game 3, however.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just spoke to my friend's dad's boss' mistress' husband who happens to know the Spurs' team doctors. Kawhi will need to have his foot amputated at the ankle. Game-time decision for Game 3, however.
    you know that guy too? small world, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needs to go Lavar Ball and sell his shoes at a crazy price point. Like 100 bucks.
    I'd definitely drop $100 for some Kawhis, tbh.

I hate to say this, but watching him come down the steps it's pretty obvious which leg is hurt. He puts his left down soft, and drops hard onto his right. I'm not going to argue with anyone who wants to argue about it, but it's there.
    I don't think any one of us would argue that his left ankle is in as good of shape as his right ankle. I don't see a noticeable limp though, honestly. And that grimace could just as easily be him wincing at the sun since it looks like it's sunny out (guys on the ground are wearing shades). Maybe I'm just being an optimist though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully he is good enough to play, and if he does elect to play, I hope he's closer to 100% than not.

Ridding the world of Alien Scum...Relentlessly. Man In Black's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate to say this, but watching him come down the steps it's pretty obvious which leg is hurt. He puts his left down soft, and drops hard onto his right. I'm not going to argue with anyone who wants to argue about it, but it's there.
    I don't see the right drop as hard as you but I do notice a slight hitch in his gait. He was dragging his luggage with his left arm and his gait didn't look any worse to me.
    At any rate, we all want him to first, to be sound and ready to play and second, to finish the game with no additional pain or injury. Even if he doesn't dominate, I am hopeful he gives the Spurs a Willis Reed effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he work for the spurs?

Unless the injury is severe, these sprain injuries typically are all game-time decisions.

He's got three full days left to recover.
    He works for kens5. He seemed pretty sure in FB but there's no news

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's carrying a fully loaded backpack and dragging luggage. Muther er will 100% play Saturday.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's carrying a fully loaded backpack and dragging luggage. Muther er will 100% play Saturday.
    ^ this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe I'm just being an optimist though.

Okay, I damn near horked my iced tea through my nose. Of course you're an optimist. With such a sunny disposition, how could you not be?

No - in fairness, it could have looked a lot worse, I guess. I wasn't trying to sound all gloom and doom. Just pointing out that he does show signs from the sprain.

Even when the scans come back clean, they put athletes through a physical workup to test strength and flexibility. It's a lot more than walking over flat pavement without a limp. Going down stairs that way just says that the ankle is still weak. If that video was on game day, he wouldn't play. I hope he's good enough to go at game time.

There... see? That's the kind of comments I was responding to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I think we can all agree that if you have ever sprained your ankle before, those first few seconds you think your going to die the pain hurts that bad, then goes away to a degree. To me his 1st facial expressions looks to be the same we've all had a few seconds after tweaking our ankles. Dam I have twisted my ankles in pickup games at the "Y" and wanted to cry like a baby, but help it in those 1st few seconds.. I think that is all it is.. He will have blood in the tissue and swelling.. How much of movement & stability and pain tolerance he has will be key..
    Look at it this way he is a million dollar product - he will have everything medically available to him as far as advanced med's, equipment and treatment known to man, around the clock treatment... Us weekend warriors do not have access to those goodies, he should be go to go by Sat @ least 75% health if not 80%...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A long time ago in HS, went up for a three, came down with full weight on dudes foot and rolled ankle.

Being young and stupid, went to locker room, taped it back up, went back into game. It was a tourney so played the next day too. Hurt like , but still did it. Never rehabbed it or anything. Not a macho thing, just really wanted to play. Dumb.

To this day, my ankle still looks like a grapefruit still bothers me. No support in the ligaments. If I step on a small rock the wrong way without knowing, my ankle will suddenly twist. I don't sprain it, but I'm sure it looks funny to people around me.

When I wake up, or get up from sitting for awhile, it takes a few light steps to loosen it up. Once it's warmed up though, I'm fine. Can still play ball, but I pay for it later that night.

Of course, I wasn't a million dollar athlete with the entire future of a franchise and city riding on my ankles, so nobody gave a damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a macho thing, just really wanted to play. Dumb.

Heh. Yep. I'm sure a lot of people here can relate. It's like a Pavlov thing - "There's a game. I'ma go be in it."

The one thing I'm pretty sure of is that they'll have to fight Kawhi tooth and nail if they want to keep him from playing.in Game 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but it's also pretty likely he will reinjure it again during the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you do this 1 or 2 of these options... 1st option - You dress him and put him on the bench but do not start.... You see if that along with the home crowd, and energized role players is enough to get you started good. And play KL sparingly.
    2nd option - You start him limit his minutes, and see how the energy in the building is, sparingly play him the remainder of the game..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Timmy's in that bag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Timmy's in that bag

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kawhi looks perfectly fine to me..He is not walking in a boot and his gait doesn't seem to be hindered by the sprain..
    LOL what?

He's OK for walking, not running, jumping and putting strain on the ankle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL what?

He's OK for walking, not running, jumping and putting strain on the ankle.
    Exactly... he will not be ready to play against world class athletes at 100% but will probably try even at 70% like he did game 1.
    Let's hope the team backs him up and in a perfect scenario, wins game 3 big so KL doesn't have to play 30-40 minutes and can rest up for game 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only "doubtful" makes me hopeful he'll be ready for Game 3..

The is gonna be tied 2-2 a week from now..I'm calling it..
    '03 Duncan aint walkin through that door.

Thread Information