Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden State isn't Houston. The two situations aren't comparable at all.
    You're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I honestly wish that he would play. I get not risking further injury and completely agree... however, next years team could be far worse than this one. Tony won't be playing but will still be eating (pun intended) his 15 mil contract. Gasol more than likely opts in eating another chuck of salary without producing. We might dump Aldridge this year but even if we don't he will still be the same inconstant player we've grown accustomed to. Manu will likely retire this season. Danny another year older at 30 I believe who seems to be unable to ever become what he was. Patty will probable offered some $$$. Simmons maybe the same. I don't see Spurs luring in Hayward or anyone significant. Lots of turnover and uncertainty for our future outside of Murray.

With all that said, who knows when the next time we get this close. On that hand I would like to see Pop and Kawhi agree on him playing... but if its more serious than what we know I guess this is the right option. Sucky day for a Spurs fan.

With all with all that said said, still cheering them on tonight and have some confidence we can pull out an upset. Gonna need EVERYONE to show up though if we want a chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we'll always have the first half of game 1 to feel good about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well we'll always have the first half of game 1 to feel good about.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I type with emojis like a when I have nothing to say.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge can you at least be successful at taking out Durant this time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    eh..Expected after last night interview, tbh.

The fact that Pop didn't bother with almost extra 10 hours of rest before tipoff to see how he looks then is telling..He is not ready to compete and almost sure done for this series..It has to be a severe grade I sprain close to a II, not just a tweak..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disregard me, I suck

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand Pop. Just reading that quote from him: ''I spoke to Kawhi, we spoke to everybody, we all speak about it. In the end, I guess it's my decision. He's not thrilled he's not playing, but he's not ready.''

That's BS. Kawhi obviously wants to play and feels he can -- let him! Even his presence tonight would mean so much to our fans and players. The MRI revealed nothing structurally wrong, and it's been reported that Kawhi has been walking normally for days. Kawhi even brought a little life and hope back for this series back the other day when he said
    "we're 8 games away from our ultimate goal. That's just my mindset."

I mean, this is a player's league. Other players expected him to play too. Just listen to the Warriors:

“You definitely go in with the mindset that he’s gonna play,” Draymond Green told reporters. “Gonna prepare for him to play … no doubt in my mind that he will play.” - Draymond Green

Durant said he's "100 percent sure" Kawhi Leonard will play tomorrow. Preparing as such.

Pop is a dictator. There's no long-term injury concern with an ankle sprain -- it's not even a high-ankle sprain. Pop gets away with this because he rests players during the regular season if they even sneeze before a game. And the only reason we end up winning anyways is because 90% of the NBA is garbage. Well the Warriors aren't and you saw how ugly last game was without Kawhi. It doesn't matter how hard we play tonight now. It's over and I blame Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever since moon face started growing his hipster beard, we've been in a huge jinx hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't stand Pop. Just reading that quote from him: ''I spoke to Kawhi, we spoke to everybody, we all speak about it. In the end, I guess it's my decision. He's not thrilled he's not playing, but he's not ready.''

That's BS. Kawhi obviously wants to play and feels he can -- let him! Even his presence tonight would mean so much to our fans and players. The MRI revealed nothing structurally wrong, and it's been reported that Kawhi has been walking normally for days. Kawhi even brought a little life and hope back for this series back the other day when he said

I mean, this is a player's league. Other players expected him to play too. Just listen to the Warriors:

“You definitely go in with the mindset that he’s gonna play,” Draymond Green told reporters. “Gonna prepare for him to play … no doubt in my mind that he will play.” - Draymond Green

Durant said he's "100 percent sure" Kawhi Leonard will play tomorrow. Preparing as such.

Pop is a dictator. There's no long-term injury concern with an ankle sprain -- it's not even a high-ankle sprain. Pop gets away with this because he rests players during the regular season if they even sneeze before a game. And the only reason we end up winning anyways is because 90% of the NBA is garbage. Well the Warriors aren't and you saw how ugly last game was without Kawhi. It doesn't matter how hard we play tonight now. It's over and I blame Pop.
    Did u hear Kawhi himself say as of yesterday he wasn't ready?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shut the up I bet every injured player who has half of a heart would want to play even if they were 100% injured.

Just shut up.

And I'm a Pop critic btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did u hear Kawhi himself say as of yesterday he wasn't ready?
    Kawhi did't say HE wasn't ready, he said HIS ANKLE wasn't ready.

Like I've said before I'm not a big fan of playing injured players. There is no need to put at risk the future of franchise for just one series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Like I've said before I'm not a big fan of playing injured players. There is no need to put at risk the future of franchise for just one series.
    Essentially saying the same thing, but yea. His ankle wasn't ready.

Im on the fence about it. I think he can twist it at anytime. There must some pain tolerance element to it too. I just figured these guys had the stuff to help with that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some people man... in pathetic. Like their lives depend on Kawhi playing and the Spurs' success. He's hurt, he won't play, the spurs will lose the series, who gives a . Like this is the last NBA season ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously his ankle is still messed up. It's a must win game tonight in the WCF and he was ruled out 10 hour before didnt even try team shoot around. He reinjured an already injured ankle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He need some milk

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

He's not sure of his pain level? on already!!! I mean, this is a guy who sat out a regular season game because of a toothache. Maybe his pain threshold is a lot lower than we thought. If he's truly injured and can't play, I'd have more respect for the gray bearded ass hole and Kawhi if one of them came out and said the season is over rather than BS'ing the fans into thinking there's a chance when in actuality, there's none. If he can't make it back after 5 days rest, another two days isn't going to make a difference.

Edit: Damn autocorrect

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not sure of his pain level? on already!!! I mean, this is a guy who sat out a regular season game because of a toothache. Maybe his pain threshold is a lot lower than we thought. If he's truly injured and can't play, I'd have more respect for the gray bearded ass hole and Kawhi if one of them came out and said the season is over rather than BS'ing the fans into thinking there's a chance when in actuality, there's none. If he can't make it back after 5 days rest, another two days isn't going to matter.

Edit: Damn autocorrect
    That'd be some weak ass if anyone comes out and says the season is over. Not even the biggest pussy player or coach would say that. That kind of give up isn't what gets someone to the NBA. That being said, I can see Durant thinking gay like that.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That'd be some weak ass if anyone comes out and says the season is over. Not even the biggest pussy player or coach would say that. That kind of give up isn't what gets someone to the NBA. That being said, I can see Durant thinking gay like that.
    Kawhi's season, not the Spurs season.

In other news, Danny Green says Parker's looking good. If he can play at 2%, that would still be an upgrade over Mills at the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some people man... in pathetic. Like their lives depend on Kawhi playing and the Spurs' success. He's hurt, he won't play, the spurs will lose the series, who gives a . Like this is the last NBA season ever
    For sure. That's my mindset. And it's not like this team hasn't given us joy. It was a good season. Just gotta enjoy what's left of Spurs basketball. He'll be back better next year and I'd like to think ferociously angry, particularly vs this Warriors team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's season, not the Spurs season.

In other news, Danny Green says Parker's looking good. If he can play at 2%, that would still be an upgrade over Mills at the point.
    Ah. My bad.

Yeah...Mills is awful as a PG. He seems to have the quickness but it's apparent that working on his handles was never a priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sometimes the coaches know better. Players at times have irrational desire to play. He's tweaked his ankle three times in 2 weeks. Really no reason to risk it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doris Burke just said she heard that yesterday Kawhi Leonard's ankle was still significantly swollen still. And believes that it's just not the ankle that's bothering him, most likely his knee

Thread Information