My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bucks/Wolves?

Lost all cred right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another contender will pop up next season, maybe the following season tops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Insane how well positioned they are. Don't have the transcendent player yet that the Bucks have (and I guess the Wolves/Hornets), or a player with Embiid's potential if he can ever stay healthy plus the pieces around him, but their depth is ridiculous and Stevens can push out so many different lineup combinations. They need to go for broke this offseason because their pristine cap situation starts getting clouded next summer with Bradley being a FA and Isaiah eligible for a huge pay raise.

It just makes it tougher to manage the draft not knowing what they'll be able to haul in FA. Given Hayward and Blake may be the most likely and the prospects at the top of the draft, they almost certainly go PG that can play with IT (size).
    Not only that, but if you can nab Hayward and PG for example, they will get a 4 year contract. That means, by the time they are up for extensions, their 1st overall pick would be up for his. Plus Horford contract would have ended. Essentially they have 4 years to win championships and spend their tax, and if they fall short and things don’t turn out, they can get rid of Hayward/PG/Horford and up their overall first round pick who hopefully will be a star, and their rebuild would be essentially be non-existent. IT would only have 1 more year left as well.

So this year they must sign and trade for big players and I honestly think they keep their 1st pick and still get 2 all-star players while only losing Bradley and perhaps a player like Smart.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop traded his ass. I doubt he comes back, but Sean did.

Imagine coming back to play with the guy you were traded for, who won a Finals MVP and 2 DPOY awards, and 2 all NBA 1st team and All Star starter...Yeah you'd feel important. It would be mentioned every time you went to the line "Spurs traded Hill for Kawhi, what a great trade that turned out to be, but Hill is a serviceable player, a journeyman of sorts, and Pop has found a role for him here on the Spurs bench".
    Hill said he was appreciative of his time here and also was appreciative of where he was traded being an Indiana boy to a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russell Westbrook, the guy you've been singlehandedly self-promoting as the best athlete/pg in the game wouldn't make a difference?

I gotta tune back in tomorrow to see the answer to that one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big name FAs are overrated, especially with a good coach. If Kawhi hadntve gone down we could be putting some real fear into GSW right now so I just think we need to shore up our weaknesses instead of making a big splash. Get G Hill, Stephen Adams, another year of Dejounte and maybe Bertans will flourish. With Kawhi and Pops there's always hope.
    Steven Adams? How the heck would you get him? I'm pretty sure he re-upped with the Thunder last off-season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as the Spurs get a big name free agent, he'll turn to LMA 2.0 tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs don't have the money to do move, before dealing with Parker, Gasol contracts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this year they must sign and trade for big players and I honestly think they keep their 1st pick and still get 2 all-star players while only losing Bradley and perhaps a player like Smart.
    Totally agree with what you said, though not sure you can jettison both Smart and Bradley given how important they are as defenders to offset IT. Crowder is on a solid contract for a role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steven Adams? How the heck would you get him? I'm pretty sure he re-upped with the Thunder last off-season.
    He did re-up. Once this season is over he'll be making like 20 mil a year for the next 4 years. I think the best thing the Spurs can do is draft a big man that's versatile defensively, let Murray and Bertans get some seasoning and wait out the contracts of Pau and Tony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one you mentioned will give a . They are looking for a fat contract. Rings can be purchased at a jewelry store.
    Hate to say it, but I agree with this Everyone says they're focused on winning, but how many guys are really willing to give up tens of millions of dollars for a not-even-guaranteed shot at winning a le? Throw in the fact that SA isn't exactly the most desirable destination from a city standpoint, and it's even more unlikely that they attract big-name FAs.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, doesn't hurt to get the #1 draft pick. Sucks for them it's a weak class. No Tim Duncan out there when they finally get the golden ticket
    It's actually a pretty good year to have the #1 pick. Fultz seems to be a great prospect. Ball is pretty solid too other than his father.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would be perfect to have a cat like Ron Harper was with the bulls..... big and semi athletic point guard...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hill said he was appreciative of his time here and also was appreciative of where he was traded being an Indiana boy to a good team.
    What did you expect him to say?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to get Hayward, but this is impossible salary wise.
    Signing George Hill to big money is just gonna solidify top spot in group behing Cavs, Warriors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep beating the CP3 drum and it's the route that's needed if we want to contend NEXT YEAR and the following. Of course things will be done in order for it to happen so it's literally impossible to try and predict how the roster would construct which is why some don't like the idea....

Putting the eggs in the Murray basket is a HUGE risk imo..I'm comfortable in making him the back up PG or the lead combo guard off the bench. I just don't think you could contend with him being the starting guy and it'd be too much for him to as

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memo to free agents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA for a top 5 pick ?

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA for a top 5 pick ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did re-up. Once this season is over he'll be making like 20 mil a year for the next 4 years. I think the best thing the Spurs can do is draft a big man that's versatile defensively, let Murray and Bertans get some seasoning and wait out the contracts of Pau and Tony.
    I finally found somebody that agrees with me. It's all about Summer 2018 for the Spurs.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The window: 2018-2020 (before Bucks/Wolves become an NBA Finals rivalry)

You really should've left that trash out of your OP. Really diminishes it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another jinxed le, these les have ended our season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Realistically, if the Warriors stay intact, the only way to beat them in the next few years is if the NBA implements some rule changes, tbh..under the current rules and dimensions of a basketball court, only Lebron has a chance against them..

From a personnel standpoint, you would probably need at least 5 West All-Stars to compete with them IMO(assuming you can build chemistry in time, too, which isn't a given)..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha, I don't know how long you've watched the NBA, but you know this isn't true. Things can change fast in the NBA. I'm looking at the Sixers to get good soon. I think the Lakers will still be a dumpster fire so long as Magic is running that show. But this post aside from being funny or trolling is simply ignorant.
    Every game Kawhi played this year the Spurs had 20 point lead. A healthy Spurs team can take them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd amend that to only a James or Leonard led team having a punchers chance in the near future, so long as they have the requisite pieces surrounding them.

The operative word being requisite, but that's the problem. Whether you think he'd give them a shot or not, I'll use Paul as an example since he's oft cited, would fill a gaping hole and I do believe in the right context, would give them consideration. He'd have to take (I believe) about a $53M discount and that's presuming the Spurs carve out max cap space, which would be difficult. They'd have to salary dump Gasol and Parker (probably attaching a 1st, in his case) and probably do something else minor.

The new CBA is going to make it more difficult to form "super teams" in the future, but the part most seem to be missing is, it's going to help the Warriors and Cavaliers, for that very reason because it's more than likely going to ensure that another one isn't formed in the meantime.

Thread Information