Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Ridley Scott is a genius. People can't complain about the characters taking off their helmets on a strange planet if they aren't wearing helmets to begin with.

Lots of dumb people making dumb decisions, Oram especially. He knows David is evil, but he follows the android to a secluded area without telling anybody, listens to his evil rants, and then looks directly into a facehugger pod because David--whom he compared to the devil three minutes ago--told him it was safe.

The beginning could have been cut down. Either that or put the scene with the crew's introduction back into the movie, so there could actually be somewhat of a reason to cast James Franco. I don't know why that was taken out or the scene between David and Shaw.

Actually, why tease Shaw searching for the Engineers if David was just going to kill her and all of the Engineers anyway? It was like Alien 3 all over again.

Why was the Alien franchise turned into an evil android origin story? When I think of "Alien," I don't think of some crazy genocidal android having super fistfights with another android. I don't mind David, but he should not be the creator of the Xenomorphs. The Engineers were wasted, and the movie retroactively s up franchise continuity.

Also, why have both the Xenomorphs and Neomorphs? If the writers were going to put both in the movie, there should have been some interaction between the two. Oram shoots the last Neomorph with over 30 minutes left, and they are neither seen nor heard from again. Why even create the Neomorphs? Why did they and the Xenomorphs grow so fast? Why did the Xenomorphs skip the chestburster phase? They looked like tiny versions of themselves when they were born. Why did David have that unintentionally funny exchange with the tiny Xenomorph? It's setup that he can communicate with the aliens, but then he helps Daniels and Tennessee kill the Xenomorph at the end. Why is every protagonist of these movies a woman with short hair? Ripley having short hair was a coincidence. Short-haired females don't tell me that I'm watching an "Alien" movie; the aliens do.

tl;dr: I don't know how Ridley Scott could manage to let people down even harder after Prometheus, but he did.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Scott made space jaws, it was Cameron that made that franchise pop.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Alien >>>> Aliens

You use "space jaws" as if it was an insult.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was alright.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That's how I felt. As far as the feel the first one gave me, I thought it did a decent job capturing that.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    "Aliens" --- that's it & that's all. That one is manifested to be personal & it delivers point blank.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It didn't completely suck.

It's the best Alien movie since Aliens is a nicer way of putting it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    That's how I felt. As far as the feel the first one gave me, I thought it did a decent job capturing that.

Thread Information