Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shot blocker and rim protector is an absolute hole on this team that has to be filled if we are going to be a serious team.

Don't know if that's available late first, but it's what we need most.
    I agree. I just don't think you can find those guys this far back int the draft.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's foolish for a team with such a late pick to make plans on who they WILL draft. Can only make a board and go from there.
    Yeah, most probably they go like "This are our priorities: 1) Fultz, 2) etc, 3) etc..." That till 29) when they select the lowest priority they had written/studied.

Unless some interesting trade offer comes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we not pick some slow white Euro goon please.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the deepest draft in a few years. There's still going to be quality talent on the board at 29. Hopefully Spurs don't blow it. Lots of big man depth and some quality PG's too. Wish we had an early 2nd round pick too tbh.
    We could buy a high second round pick like the Dubs did last year and then selected McGaw....but wait, we are the Spurs.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shot blocker and rim protector is an absolute hole on this team that has to be filled if we are going to be a serious team.

Problem is, Pop would never trust them to anchor our D, not in the regular season and sure not in the playoffs (at least not as a rookie).

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any 6' 9'' guys that can dribble? A SF that can play the PF position, but that can dribble the ball. Attack the basket in transition. Any of those guys in our range?

I think that's what I would get.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just described Bertans.

Dude needs to play point next season. I'm saying it now. Before anyone in ST. Needs to play more point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me. They should draft me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

However, there are better videos on youtube than that one..

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Campazzo has shot 38% from the field over the last 2 years in Europe. Quit mentioning that Mexican on this forum

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this meant as a joke? Midget looks like trash even in his "highlights".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree. I just don't think you can find those guys this far back int the draft.

Far and away the best shot-blocker in the draft and one of my favorite prospects as well. His interior-D was the reason Oregon upset Kansas in the Elite Eight. He was the leading shot-blocker in the PAC-12 this season at over 3 per, led the conference in both Def. Rating & Def. Win Shares, and was named 2016-17 PAC-12 DPOY. He was the heart and soul of that Oregon team. Good, explosive athlete who's just a really high-motor guy that plays with a ton of heart, and every team can use a player like that.

Problem is, he's an undersized C at only 6'9 230 lbs, with a 7'0 wingspan and only an 8'9" standing reach. And he's 22 years old with a limited offensive game. That's why I don't think the Spurs will take him. He's still projected as a late 1st-Rounder though and is expected to go somewhere between 25-30. Spurs will likely work him out. (For the record, his measurements are very similar to Ben Wallace's coming out of college).

Last edited by BatManu20; 05-25-2017 at 11:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oregon's Jordan Bell shined in the 5 on 5 portion on day 1 of the Combine, flying around on defense while also showing a budding offensive skill set. He continued to stand out in the athletic testing, particularly in the lane agility and shuttle run drills, both of which are typically dominated by guards. His shuttle run time of 2.83 was fourth overall, just six tenths of a second behind the top score held by Frank Jackson. He also posted a lane agility time of 10.63 seconds, which would be the third best time per our database of any power forward drafted, trailing only Joel Bolomboy and Quincy Acy. Bell's do it all defensive and rebounding style of play has definitely played well at the Combine and it would not be surprising to see him potentially get looks from NBA teams at the end of the first round of some draft boards. Bell initially registered a shuttle time of 2.56, which would have been the best mark in the history of our database, but for some reason that was disqualified. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jordan-Bell-70316/ ©DraftExpress

13 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 assists, 3 turnovers, 5-7 2P, 3-5 FT, 25 1/2 minutes Jordan Bell posted perhaps the most impressive stat-line of the entire day, doing a little bit of everything for his team, and like Frank Mason, seeing them completely collapse (+3 when in, -21 when out) once he went to the bench. He did all the usual things scouts have come to expect from him, flying around on both ends of the floor, protecting the rim both on the ball and rotating from the weakside, playing lockdown defense on PFs and Cs alike, closing out aggressively on the perimeter, and holding his ground in the post. He mixed that in with some nice flashes on offense, particularly with his passing on the move, and even finding some success with the ball in his hands on short isos and post-ups en-route to an efficient 13 points. It was beneficial for Bell to play such a solid game in front of quite a few NBA head coaches that likely had never seen him before, as his high-effort, but still very consistent and solid style has to be very attractive to teams looking to solidify their rotations picking in the late first or early second round portion of the draft. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jordan-Bell-70316/ ©DraftExpress

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this meant as a joke? Midget looks like trash even in his "highlights".
    This Isaiah Thomas like midget can score, pass and defend, do you need anything else? He is much much better than Lapro, he deserves at least a test in summer camp.

If Spurs can't get CP3 and Patty goes away this "midget" is a good and very cheap option.
    Last edited by kuato; 05-26-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an Eagles fan (don't kill me around here, I'm from up north) don't agree they're in win now mode ... have a few years before the Wentz deal gets expensive, like the Cowboys do with Dak. Still dealing with some of the cap consequences of the Kelly era and cleaning it up. I was surprised they didn't address another tackle in the draft with Peters aging but they'll get a lot younger next year as there's a ton of o line depth. Kendricks and Kelce are as good as gone, as will Ryan Mathews once he's healthy enough to cut.

4th rounder is going to replace Sproles long term. I don't place value in drafting backs unless they're of Zeke's ability level. Linebacker in the 4-3 isn't a high value position. With how crappy the CB position has been since peak Asante years, they needed to spent two picks on the position.

Cowboys draft was definitely solid, and I liked Washington's. No idea what the Giants are thinking. If there's a team that should be in win now mode it's them.
    Quality post.

1. This was the worst draft in league history for offensive linemen -- especially tackles. There were zero quality tackles in this year's draft, perhaps for the first time in a long time if not ever. Best to wait until next year when Peters' retirement is more imminent, and also draft a guard to replace the solid but aging Barbre on the left side as well. Agree that Wizenski (sp?) is ready to take over for Kelce immediately.

2. Not many backs are Zeke's caliber level coming out of the draft, like the one the Jaguars got is decent but way overdrafted. Maybe a bit tougher to bring down than Zeke at the line but that's it, he's much slower and much less agile/athletic. That said, a three-down back and a solid running game with a bell cow is definitely something that corresponds with excellence on a team, barring injury. Sidney Jones was not the corner to invest in that early in the 2nd round due to his injury. Probably should have taken Awuzie instead.

3. Giants had many holes to address. Some might say they neglected their OL, but they do have a very good interior OL despite mediocre tackle play. Again, 2017 was the worst draft year for tackles, so they focused on getting the best value for their team which was correct. They really needed a tight end who could do more than catch 3 yard passes (Will Tye), and Engram addresses that. They already signed a very quality blocking tight end in Rhett Ellison, think of present day Brent Celek (not Celek from 5 years ago) or Geoff Swaim. They also needed an under DT to replace Hankins who got overpaid by the Colts, and they got an improvement in the 2nd round. Should be the best front 4 in the NFL. They also still have one of the best secondaries in the league. Their linebacker play is decent but not great but that's fine if you don't value the 4-3 LB that much. RB could be a lingering problem but still better than last year with Perkins - Perkins - Vereen instead of Jennings who was just too slow. I like the Giants to go 11-5 this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Isaiah Thomas like midget can score, pass and defend, do you need anything else? He is much much better than Lapro, he deserves at least a test in summer camp.

If Spurs can't get CP3 and Patty goes away this "midget" is a good and very cheap option.
    lol Isiah Thomas like. You keep posting these "highlights" that just show he doesn't have NBA talent. I'd rather they give Keifer Sykes or Bryce Cotton another shot in summer camp rather than waste their time on that 26 year old who will never be an NBA player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any 6' 9'' guys that can dribble? A SF that can play the PF position, but that can dribble the ball. Attack the basket in transition. Any of those guys in our range?

Yep. It wouldn't hurt to have Bertans and another similar piece though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe lozo made him look better then he is but Ike Anigbogu is the youngest player in the draft and figures to make an impact with his energy right away.

His physical profile is really good with a 7'6 wingspan, high motor, energy on the glass and shot blocking.
    He plays D and has really good co-ordination when closing out and recovering

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ike-Anigbogu-84426/

Currently projected mid first round on DX but you never know

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't really watch college basketball, but can anyone tell me why John Collins (PF, Wake Forest) is projected so late? I'm looking at some mock drafts and he's around the high-teens/low-twentys...

Sop re stats:
    26.6MP, 19.2ppg, 9.8rpg, 1.6bpg, 35.9PER, .256 WS/48

Only 19, the best Pick&Roller in the draft, hard screener, great rebounder, athletic as , runs the floor fast, potential on D with fast feet and a good blocker.

Try to Larry Bird that Bulls front office and give them Danny Green (at most include our 29th pick) for their 16th, or trade Danny to Portland for their 20th pick
    If CP3 gives us the thumbs up behind closed doors then I think we need to move up the draft and pick this guy. He's the type of player that thrives with a point guard like him.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has all the strengths I asked for. We need to get this guy.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude has all the strengths I asked for. We need to get this guy.
    i'm really high on this guy and Frank Jackson... depends what the Spurs plan to do

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe lozo made him look better then he is but Ike Anigbogu is the youngest player in the draft and figures to make an impact with his energy right away.

His physical profile is really good with a 7'6 wingspan, high motor, energy on the glass and shot blocking.
    He plays D and has really good co-ordination when closing out and recovering

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ike-Anigbogu-84426/

Currently projected mid first round on DX but you never know
    I like him too, energy guy, who can protect the rim...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm really high on this guy and Frank Jackson... depends what the Spurs plan to do
    You think we can land him? Dude has the tools.

Thread Information