Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think we can land him? Dude has the tools.
    Both Bolden and Jackson are projected in the secound round in various mock drafts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love the spurs to try and George Hill'd Kyle Anderson into a pick around 20.
    If we are going to loose Simmons, sign trade him for a pick could be an option?

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think we can land him? Dude has the tools.
    Very likely if we wanted him. I'm sold on this kid. objective was the first I know to mention him but I love his skill set. But it really depends which direction the Spurs want to go. As manutres has been campaigning for 1pg 3wing 1c and I agree completely. He could play 4/5 in small ball lineups and 3/4 in big lineups. He's just very versatile.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fraschilla has been talking Bolden up, he's probably going to be on the rise when he can get in workouts.

I only watched 2 full games and didn't see him as the screener in pick and rolls, but did see him as the ball handler a few times. He's a grab and go player, good handle, he can penetrate for his size at the Adriatic level at least, great range. Open space finisher.

I mentioned in the think tank that the Adriatic League is great for bigs, and the Spurs have plucked a lot of talent from there (Baynes, Boban, Milutinov, Dangubic)

I probably won't watch more though pre-draft as I'm now watching more Milutinov, saw a game against Efes last night.

He's pretty damn good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dabom

watch this one bro. This is the most recent scouting report. This is the one i meant to share...
    This guy is everything we'd want Anderson to be. I see a Lamar Odom like role for him with his skill set...
    Last edited by raybies; 05-26-2017 at 10:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I see this guy as a Mills replacement on steroids. Offensively he has a similar game to Klay imo. But I see this guy as a combo guard that can play potentially with Murray. He can help bring the ball up and he can space to floor. This guy knows how to attack the rim and is a good finisher. Darrel Morey would love this guy. Threes and layups. He also has some flavor. He's doesn't have great vision but he could definitely fill a role as a combo guard. He could play same role as Patty but with higher upside. He struggles with consistency...

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Far and away the best shot-blocker in the draft and one of my favorite prospects as well. His interior-D was the reason Oregon upset Kansas in the Elite Eight. He was the leading shot-blocker in the PAC-12 this season at over 3 per, led the conference in both Def. Rating & Def. Win Shares, and was named 2016-17 PAC-12 DPOY. He was the heart and soul of that Oregon team. Good, explosive athlete who's just a really high-motor guy that plays with a ton of heart, and every team can use a player like that.

Problem is, he's an undersized C at only 6'9 230 lbs, with a 7'0 wingspan and only an 8'9" standing reach. And he's 22 years old with a limited offensive game. That's why I don't think the Spurs will take him. He's still projected as a late 1st-Rounder though and is expected to go somewhere between 25-30. Spurs will likely work him out. (For the record, his measurements are very similar to Ben Wallace's coming out of college).

There is no such thing as a 6'9 rim protector, no matter what he did in college.

If we can't get a rim protector then we need a dead-eye shooter.

We really need BOTH. We are so limited offensively because barely 2 people on the team can move with the ball in their hands, and at the same time, our big guys are so soft that their length is nullified by pussyness.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no such thing as a 6'9 rim protector, no matter what he did in college.

We really need BOTH. We are so limited offensively because barely 2 people on the team can move with the ball in their hands, and at the same time, our big guys are so soft that their length is nullified by pussyness.
    FWIW, Jordan Bell measured only 6'8.5" in shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Isiah Thomas like. You keep posting these "highlights" that just show he doesn't have NBA talent. I'd rather they give Keifer Sykes or Bryce Cotton another shot in summer camp rather than waste their time on that 26 year old who will never be an NBA player.
    Campazzo is really good, tbh. Only reason he isn't on the NBA right now is because of his size, but that might change this upcoming season, lots of teams have shown interest on him. He is more talented than many of the PGs that are on the NBA right now, he's definitely waaaay more talented than Lapro, who the Spurs got last year (and many spurs fans still think could be serviceable).

Campazzo has that Manu "it" factor. He makes his presence felt with plays that energizes the crowd and teammates.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Campazzo has shot 38% from the field over the last 2 years in Europe. Quit mentioning that Mexican on this forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want a euro tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably won't watch more though pre-draft as I'm now watching more Milutinov, saw a game against Efes last night.

He's pretty damn good.
    Do you think that he's finally ready to come over?

Bringing over Nikola will really effect who they should draft. With him here they can go for a SF/PF or a combo guard to (possibly) replace Simmons.

I'd be all for them bringing Jonathan back and drafting a SF/PF instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean, Ben Wallace was 6'9 and is a 4x DPOY and one of the greatest rim-protectors of all time... Not saying Jordan Bell is Ben Wallace, but there are definitely similarities in their games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    B.S. That there's "no such thing as a 6'9 rim protector". If anything, they exist now more than ever. The league is playing small when the games count and 6'9 - 6'10 guys who can guard the basket, switch on pick and rolls, and (ideally) shoot the ball are in high demand.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what I like from Bell? His body control, coordination and hands. Just watched about 30mins of footage and he always looks aggressive on the court. Defense and O. From what I saw he's a good finisher with little or a lot of contact. For a player of his height and body type he handles the ball very well which tells us that he has good hands and coordination. The same can be said of his ability to catch the ball either in transition or in the paint.

He's an interesting prospect for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that he's finally ready to come over?

Bringing over Nikola will really effect who they should draft. With him here they can go for a SF/PF or a combo guard to (possibly) replace Simmons.

I'd be all for them bringing Jonathan back and drafting a SF/PF instead.
    He's ready, but cir stances could keep him away. He'd have to pay $325k of his own money on the buyout of his contract. He'd be locking himself into rookie scale. If he waits one more year, he can do a Splitter and possibly make more money and get to free agency earlier, while also not having to pay a buyout.

His game is like the screening toughness of Baynes with the size and length of Pau, and some of the nimbleness of Splitter only less of course.

A big knock on him when drafted was his lack of rim protection but he's improved big time, doubling his per 40 pace adjusted blocks.

He could replace Dedmon and i wouldn't worry about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's ready, but cir stances could keep him away. He'd have to pay $325k of his own money on the buyout of his contract. He'd be locking himself into rookie scale. If he waits one more year, he can do a Splitter and possibly make more money and get to free agency earlier, while also not having to pay a buyout.

His game is like the screening toughness of Baynes with the size and length of Pau, and some of the nimbleness of Splitter only less of course.

A big knock on him when drafted was his lack of rim protection but he's improved big time, doubling his per 40 pace adjusted blocks.

good info.

Heard he is an above average rebounder too and runs the floor well. I assume that he stays over another year, though it would be nice to add him on the rookie deal now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think he can effectively switch on picks?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think he can effectively switch on picks?
    A lot better than Pau.

Not as good as Splitter.

He's long enough and big enough to play the Pau "sit back and wait" defense against Harden but fast enough to get out, show, and get back with a vertical contest much better than Pau.

Higher basketball IQ than Dedmon. Dedmon can jump higher, probably faster, but when one guy doesn't touch a ball until he's 18 and the other is born and incubated in the Serbian basketball pressure cooker with years upon years of camps and national junior teams and lots of time against grown men ...

I'd rather have Milutinov to be honest. Watch his games on YouTube, there's i think 3 full recent games on there against good compe ion. Guy can play with his size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot better than Pau.

Not as good as Splitter.

He's long enough and big enough to play the Pau "sit back and wait" defense against Harden but fast enough to get out, show, and get back with a vertical contest much better than Pau.

Higher basketball IQ than Dedmon. Dedmon can jump higher, probably faster, but when one guy doesn't touch a ball until he's 18 and the other is born and incubated in the Serbian basketball pressure cooker with years upon years of camps and national junior teams and lots of time against grown men ...

I'd rather have Milutinov to be honest. Watch his games on YouTube, there's i think 3 full recent games on there against good compe ion. Guy can play with his size.
    please link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can watch Milutinov here me thinks

comes in 31:13
    comes in 1:05:30
    Last edited by raybies; 05-27-2017 at 04:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot better than Pau.

Not as good as Splitter.

Watch a few highlights. He looks like he has a lot of positives. Almost all the offense was around the basket and the pre-draft write up had his mid range shot as iffy. Has he improved on that?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/M5weu899VfU

Euroleague playoffs. Quite a few instances of him on defense vs pick and roll.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch a few highlights. He looks like he has a lot of positives. Almost all the offense was around the basket and the pre-draft write up had his mid range shot as iffy. Has he improved on that?
    If he has improved it, i wouldn't be able to tell. Don't remember him shooting any in the games i watched. More of a Splitter on offense, with less falling over flipping underhand shots from waist high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol Isiah Thomas like. You keep posting these "highlights" that just show he doesn't have NBA talent. I'd rather they give Keifer Sykes or Bryce Cotton another shot in summer camp rather than waste their time on that 26 year old who will never be an NBA player.
    WHat about this other midget?

Thread Information