Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why don't you just say it? You think they're overlooking him because he's gay, don't you?
    What you did there, I see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the deepest draft in a few years. There's still going to be quality talent on the board at 29. Hopefully Spurs don't blow it. Lots of big man depth and some quality PG's too. Wish we had an early 2nd round pick too tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some prospects who could still be available when we pick, and who I think the Spurs will have real interest in. Some really good players here because it's such a deep draft:

PG's:

Juwon Evans - Ok. State
    Frank Jackson - Duke

SG's:

Terrance Ferguson - Europe
    Derrick White - Colorado
    Hamidou Diallo - HS (one of the best athletes in the draft; high-flyer)

SF's:

Semi Ojeleye - SMU (beast; could be the next Draymond Green)
    Rodions Kurucs - Barcelona

PF's:

DJ Wilson - Michigan
    Jordan Bell - Oregon (best defensive big in the draft, but a little undersized)

C's:

Ivan Rabb - Cal
    Anzejs Pasecniks - Europe
    Harry Giles - Duke (was projected as a Top 5 pick before 2 knee surgeries)
    Bam Adebayo - Kentucky
    Jonathan Jeanne - France

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Express has us drafting Jawun Evans (PG Oklahoma St) at #29.

Sophmore stats:
    29.3MP, 19.2ppg, 6.4apg, 1.8stl, 43.8FG%, 37.9 3P%, 27.3PER, .206 WS/48

He's 6'0 and will be 21 next year. Wouldn't mind drafting him and having him and Murray battle it out next year instead of maxing out second/third tier PG's like George Hill, Derrick Rose, and Jrue Holiday

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sophmore stats:

He's 6'0 and will be 21 next year. Wouldn't mind drafting him and having him and Murray battle it out next year instead of maxing out second/third tier PG's like George Hill, Derrick Rose, and Jrue Holiday
    We're not draftin another PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not draftin another PG.
    Why not? Parker is out till at least ASB and Pity Mills is walking

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just not gonna happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sophmore stats:

I like Evans quite a bit. Watched him play a few times last year before his shoulder injury, and he carried that OK State team (they went 1-10 after he went down). His game reminds me a lot of Chris Paul (poor man's version obv). I think the Spurs will take a good look at him because he was the best PnR PG in college basketball last year, and it could potentially be a position of need.

With that said, I think they eventually are turned off by his size and up selecting a big or wing at 29.
    Last edited by BatManu20; 05-25-2017 at 03:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the Spurs are going to sign some experienced Euro trash PG on the cheap. You know Pop isn't going to have Murray and a rookie manning the starting PG and backup positions until Parker returns whenever that may be. Like BatManu20 said, they'll probably select a wing or big.

Unless the Spurs become super Kawhiso heavy next year due to the lack of a natural PG. This team seriously needs another playmaker in the worst possible way.

Anyone know who's the potentially best playmaker late in the draft regardless of position?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the Spurs are going to sign some experienced Euro trash PG on the cheap. You know Pop isn't going to have Murray and a rookie manning the starting PG and backup positions until Parker returns whenever that may be. Like BatManu20 said, they'll probably select a wing or big.

Unless the Spurs become super Kawhiso heavy next year due to the lack of a natural PG. This team seriously needs another playmaker in the worst possible way.

Anyone know who's the potentially best playmaker late in the draft regardless of position?
    Since they are working out guys projected to e in the 16-24 range we must be considering moving up. He's not talked about much here but Luke Kennard is in that range and is a combo guard that can run some pnr and is the best shooter in the draft. He has to be on our radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on board with Evans. Hope he's available but several draft "experts" have him going before the Spurs pick. Solves the Spurs backup PG needs for a few years and given Murray's size, particularly if he can add weight, the two can play together giving the Spurs two penetrators like prime Parker & Manu days and three who can create their own shot with Kawhi. Probably the 4th best PG in a very, very strong PG class.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on board with Evans. Hope he's available but several draft "experts" have him going before the Spurs pick. Solves the Spurs backup PG needs for a few years and given Murray's size, particularly if he can add weight, the two can play together giving the Spurs two penetrators like prime Parker & Manu days and three who can create their own shot with Kawhi. Probably the 4th best PG in a very, very strong PG class.
    Who is the best pg?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is the best pg?
    Fultz or Ball....I prefer Fultz but both are way out of where we can move up to.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    immediate impact players? you mean like parker, Kawhai, and dejounte?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahead of Evans are Fultz, Ball, Fox and Dennis Smith. Fultz is concensus one and is going to Boston short of some blockbuster trade. Most have Ball two but some thing Smith is the better prospect. In terms of depth of quality at the PG position this is an epic draft. Evans in a normal PG year would be higher. He's short but has long arms to compensate somewhat and is a gritty hard nosed defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Know next to nothing about college ball so any P5 draftee would be welcome.

Also Spurs being stuck at 29 despite not making it to the finals. Nba should mirror football in slotting le teams with last 2 picks. As is Cavs will pick 28 after their finals beatdown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with dabom, I highly doubt we draft a PG. Dejounte is probably gonna get a lot of run but Pop's gonna want a more proven guy as the other option. We're not gonna have two inexperienced players running the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with dabom, I highly doubt we draft a PG. Dejounte is probably gonna get a lot of run but Pop's gonna want a more proven guy as the other option. We're not gonna have two inexperienced players running the point.
    Agreed. This a big laden draft in the 25-40 range, spurs need prospects at C for the future. Parsecnics, Adebayo, Lessort or Bell all would be solid prospects.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want our first pick to be a PF or C.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a wee little lad from a far off planet located in a solar system yet to be discovered by our planetary society. Rest assured if he is out there Pop & RC will find him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think we need someone who fits into the scheme of the modern NBA so it doesn't matter what position although someone with length and the ability to shoot the ball would be ideal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barnett should be a pass rushing force on the right side to replace the underwhelming Vinny Curry, but I'm not impressed at all with their draft. Sidney Jones won't even play this year and they're in win now mode with their elite but very old offensive line. They should have stolen Mixon, he really would have made their offense scary this year. They got a just-a-guy corner in the 3rd round but there's still a big problem there. And they wasted their 4th round pick on yet another scat back to add to their already heaping pile of scat backs... they need a tough one cut back, and I'm afraid Blount won't get it done...

...and they totally neglected linebacker, even though Nigel Bradham may be in prison before the start of the season. Dumb move.
    As an Eagles fan (don't kill me around here, I'm from up north) don't agree they're in win now mode ... have a few years before the Wentz deal gets expensive, like the Cowboys do with Dak. Still dealing with some of the cap consequences of the Kelly era and cleaning it up. I was surprised they didn't address another tackle in the draft with Peters aging but they'll get a lot younger next year as there's a ton of o line depth. Kendricks and Kelce are as good as gone, as will Ryan Mathews once he's healthy enough to cut.

4th rounder is going to replace Sproles long term. I don't place value in drafting backs unless they're of Zeke's ability level. Linebacker in the 4-3 isn't a high value position. With how crappy the CB position has been since peak Asante years, they needed to spent two picks on the position.

Cowboys draft was definitely solid, and I liked Washington's. No idea what the Giants are thinking. If there's a team that should be in win now mode it's them.

Onto the Spurs draft, I'm fine with BPA. Ambivalent to which position they play. Prefer they stick to more upside than a day 1 rotation player, which we know doesn't happen in Pop's system.

Any PG drafted at 29 isn't contributing next year anyway. Just sign a vet for the minimum or the BAE.
    Last edited by cjw; 05-25-2017 at 03:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

However, there are better videos on youtube than that one..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's foolish for a team with such a late pick to make plans on who they WILL draft. Can only make a board and go from there.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shot blocker and rim protector is an absolute hole on this team that has to be filled if we are going to be a serious team.

Don't know if that's available late first, but it's what we need most.

Thread Information