Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm fine with him starting. Not so sure about finishing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Murray starts or plays big minutes next season what's the over/under on Spurstalk decompensation, Murray is trash threads?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope not. I'd rather spend that money somewhere else. Murray has proven he can play at this level. The Spurs are too conservative about playing young guards. Seems like half the teams inthe league find some PG that can jump in and play. There's probably 5 or 6 that have backups better than Parker. Sorry...but I think you're dead wrong in Murray.

He will be the starting PG next year. At the least, by the end of the year.
    To be fair he is too raw at this point.. I like him for the flashes he shows, and there is for sure promise but not quite ready for starting role.. Chip E will need to put in some offseason work with him to fix that jumper...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer league will be big for him as well as his ability to focus on the fundamentals of the position. Right now his ball security along with decision making will only get better with continuous play and directive. I feel he will be better year two now that he has an idea of the NBA game speed and skill level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ignorant? Wtf. That's way off. Everyone here saw that . He was a badass. No one has said anything different about his first years.
    Oh really. There are posters here saying Murray has looked better in his rookie year than Parker did.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You look at what he is and you build from there. He has ideal length and size for his position so you ask him to defend first. He's a great rebounder for a point so you have him do that. Offensively he can get to the cup, so every now and then you put him in the pick and roll and see what he can do. All summer I expect him to run pick and roll and work on his shot. Kawhi can bring the ball up too if he starts. I don't know why people think just because he starts he has to be the number two or three option. Just give him the reps like Kawhi and how he was developed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has to learn to handle full court pressure and traps. But he has the speed for sure.

Maybe he spends some time with Jamal this summer and develops some of those handles

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If Pop were smart, he'd give him the keys like he did with an unproven TP years ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Simmons both need to kawhi their outside shooting

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Simmons both need to kawhi their outside shooting
    For reals. DJ out here shooting fadeaway one handers

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    If I was Murray i would just hang out with Kawhi and do whatever he does in the offseason tbh

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The length of the lineup with Murray starting would be amazing​. I'd rather he get a ton of minutes to develop than the spurs bring in some vet scrub. They're not winning the championship next year anyway, so why not give your future a major opportunity for two seasons from now, when the Spurs will really make a run for the championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a better defender at this age than TP, and he has more athleticism and size of course, but TP had several years of pro basketball experience that helped him tremendously in his first year. murray did pick up some great experience in these playoffs and will likely get some time to work on his deficiencies in the summer league. whether he starts or not really depends on what parker's health is (likely out, of course) and the status of mills as an FA as well as whether or not we get another PG (and who that PG would be).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's nowhere near ready(extremely flawed player), but he should be starting and splitting minutes with a veteran PG, next year..unless Mills takes a substantial discount, Spurs should sign a veteran PG who will eat minutes and keep them afloat as a stopgap..

I haven't looked at the FA list, though..I kind of expect Patty to be back, based on Pop's recent comments..
    http://hoopshype.com/2017/04/26/nba-...-point-guards/

Mills is 9th and probably should be 7th ahead of Curry (not leaving) and Rondo)

not a good list.
    Collision maybe?

I'd rather keep Mills and essientially split the work load between the two with Murray starting.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was Murray i would just hang out with Kawhi and do whatever he does in the offseason tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray needs to start. Parker was just as much of a liability when he started. Parker had zero mid range when he started and was not a great passer. Phil exposed that by packing the lane and forcing him to shoot or create.

murray is a way better defender, but still thinks he's playing high schoolers from time to time and makes mistakes. It really sucks that he didn't get more PT during the regular season, because it would have gone a long way for these last few games. I'd rather go through some growing pains next season and have a developed 21-22 yo pg rather than have to wait til he's 25. Not to mention he's on a rook deal. Save that money and go after other weaknesses...

murray is a bargain with amazing upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coachmac87 in suicide watch tbh He's having a stroke at minimum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh really. There are posters here saying Murray has looked better in his rookie year than Parker did.
    Yeah...that's ridiculous. Parker came in to the league with all star handles. But he'd been playing pro ball for a few years already. Way more games than a college kid. But like Parker, Murray has superior quickness. If they can add the skills to go with that, he could be something special.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray needs to start. Parker was just as much of a liability when he started. Parker had zero mid range when he started and was not a great passer. Phil exposed that by packing the lane and forcing him to shoot or create.

murray is a way better defender, but still thinks he's playing high schoolers from time to time and makes mistakes. It really sucks that he didn't get more PT during the regular season, because it would have gone a long way for these last few games. I'd rather go through some growing pains next season and have a developed 21-22 yo pg rather than have to wait til he's 25. Not to mention he's on a rook deal. Save that money and go after other weaknesses...

I'm a huge Murray fan. But Parker was so quick that it was irrelevant that he didn't' have a midrange game. Or couldn't shoot the three or pass.
    That's how damn good he was. He was a one trick pony and still no one could cover him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tp being out, Murray should start even if Patty stays. If playoffs roll around, I could see Pop reinserting TP to start like he usually does with the centers if Murray's production dips

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tp being out, Murray should start even if Patty stays. If playoffs roll around, I could see Pop reinserting TP to start like he usually does with the centers if Murray's production dips
    Yeah. Patty is awful as PG option. Putting him at that position has made him look like . He's begin asked to do things that he cant. Regardless of Murray's weaknesses, he can get in the lane and seems to be able to at least understand when he needs to pass. And he seems to be a decent defender and solid rebounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

murray is a bargain with amazing upside.
    Nailed it, NoBS!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Patty is awful as PG option. Putting him at that position has made him look like . He's begin asked to do things that he cant. Regardless of Murray's weaknesses, he can get in the lane and seems to be able to at least understand when he needs to pass. And he seems to be a decent defender and solid rebounder.
    I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As soon as he can hit the broadside of a barn I'll consent to him starting.

Until then, he needs to be BURIED on the bench. Because right now he's completely out of control offensively and the Warriors are giving him a wide berth because they know he can't shoot. It's embarrassing.
    Parker couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the first 5 years of his career...He started his rookie year...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker couldn't hit the broad side of a barn the first 5 years of his career...He started his rookie year...
    Yeah....but he was an elite ballhandler. Quickest dude in the NBA.

Murray is not that. But he's shown enough (imo) to put him out there. He's consistently shown he can get into the paint at will. Once his decision making improves, he'll be fine.

Thread Information