Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is so funny how the media is so hesitant to give credence to his impact not being felt on the same level as all the other superstars of the league..... This will only Spur ( no pun intended ) him on to crucify the league in the coming years!! Hold your heads up fellow fans, we're just getting started!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cosign!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't accurate. Plenty of sportswriters give him love.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The media does love Kawhichael but they still act like GS-CLE was a formality. Like it was still a certainty that GS would've gotten past a healthy Spurs team. Even the local sports talk guys treat it like a formality.

Can you imagine if the Spurs got past a Curry-less GS? That would be all the media would talk about for the whole week leading up to the Finals, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what happened after he left game 1 shows who the true MVP of the league was. There was no way the Warriors were coming back into that game with Kawhi still playing. He's reached the level of the greatest players where he can control the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yer game 1 pretty much showed the wider audience what Spurs fans already knew. There are still some beaten on who it's as clear as the handle on ya door have not watched Kawhi play this season yet alone witnessed his ascension to greatness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't know anything about KL if you think his motivation is his critics or lack of attention. His motivation comes from within.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't know anything about KL if you think his motivation is his critics or lack of attention. His motivation comes from within.
    Maybe your smartest post ever.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually.......... Most people including Kawhi garners motivation externally as well. People said he couldn't do things so he got better and did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA1GYjD1yHo

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That KD bull about being a system player motivated him as well I would think......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That KD bull about being a system player motivated him as well I would think......
    You'd think wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually.......... Most people including Kawhi garners motivation externally as well. People said he couldn't do things so he got better and did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA1GYjD1yHo
    There's a difference between critics and scouts. If all he needed was someone saying he didn't have this or that, he would have had it before he entered the league. He's said plenty times his motivation comes from within, doesn't read or listen to media pundits. When a scouting report says he has weak handles and cannot shoot, don't you think he has to work on that? He couldn't care less what you and I think, nor what Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharpe think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unrelated but here's an NBA.com article his rookie season i recently read. It was after his first real "shutdown" game where he locked K Martin up during OT.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/12..._kawhi_leonard

What was the first "wow" moment you guys had with kawhi? For me it was during his rookie season during a game against the Thunder.

He jabbed stepped right, drove baseline and then threw down on Ibaka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlQAiAtxaLA

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice le, OP. How many hours did you spend coming up with that one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what happened after he left game 1 shows who the true MVP of the league was. There was no way the Warriors were coming back into that game with Kawhi still playing. He's reached the level of the greatest players where he can control the game.
    It was beautiful...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't accurate. Plenty of sportswriters give him love.
    Disagree. Nothing but love for warriors who swept 3/5 of spurs. No mention that if kl and tp were healthy spurs would have rang. Media = trash, just see 48moh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anybody in the media underestimates Kawhi anymore, not sure what videos you're watching, bro..

Most people regard him as an MVP candidate and elite player..all the old-school former players love him..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anybody in the media underestimates Kawhi anymore, not sure what videos you're watching, bro..

Most people regard him as an MVP candidate and elite player..all the old-school former players love him..
    Then the narrative shouldnt be how great the warriors are... not sure why you arent intelligent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Except Bowen. They never say one of the best players in the league. It's always, one of the best two way players. It's like they are so ing hesitant to say it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard about how KD is the best player in the world against the corpse of Lebron James defense!! Aside from playmaking, where are these other clowns better than Leonard? The media swear we are all sheep.....

Thread Information