Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Still butt hurt after all these years
    No, not really. I'd rather him wear in silver and black instead of booger green and white.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who plays any team sport wants their team to be the best it can be. No one is trying to make winning harder than it has to be.

Durant saw the opportunity to have that, and went for it. Don't blame him one bit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody who plays any team sport wants their team to be the best it can be. No one is trying to make winning harder than it has to be.

Durant saw the opportunity to have that, and went for it. Don't blame him one bit.
    This.
    Even DK said : these kids today, they have opportunities we didn't have back then

People seem to forget MJ and Barkley publicly calling out their GMs

LeBron wasn't the 1st to do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have went to Boston tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah sure I would have left my company where I was CEO and lose millions of dollar to go to another company for a job of assistant of the CEO

wtf lefty ? what a fail of OP tbh... oh boy

Last edited by Brazil; 05-24-2017 at 04:38 PM. Reason: to add another :lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah sure I would have left my company where I was CEO and lose millions of dollar to go to another company for a job of assistant of the CEO

wtf lefty ? what a fail of OP tbh... oh boy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    I never had a problem with what Durant did tbh. If that's what he wants to do that's his perrogative.

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with what Durant did. I have a problem with league compe iveness.

Example: I just got a call yesterday for my tennis clubs progressive doubles league which I am a subs ute for (in case of injury etc.) and one of the players did injure himself. The player is extremely good and plays on the top court. Instead of taking the position of being on the top court, I asked to be moved down to the lowest court so I can work my way up.

It is just different for me. I play sports for the thrill of the compe ion. Not necessarily to always win. I just like competing. If I lose, oh well. If I win. Sweet! Of course it would be better to win, but the grind to the top is fun as and I would be selling myself short for bypassing it. Besides. I can learn about the weaknesses in game and fix them as I will have to compete every single night.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with what Durant did. I have a problem with league compe iveness.

Example: I just got a call yesterday for my tennis clubs progressive doubles league which I am a subs ute for (in case of injury etc.) and one of the players did injure himself. The player is extremely good and plays on the top court. Instead of taking the position of being on the top court, I asked to be moved down to the lowest court so I can work my way up.

It is just different for me. I play sports for the thrill of the compe ion. Not necessarily to always win. I just like competing. If I lose, oh well. If I win. Sweet! Of course it would be better to win, but the grind to the top is fun as and I would be selling myself short for bypassing it. Besides. I can learn about the weaknesses in game and fix them as I will have to compete every single night.
    It's hard to imagine that mindset, x. You should be proud of yourself.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So STFU

When you leave a job for another one, you do it because better pay, or location, or work environment etc... So what you feel is best for you

Durant felt GSW was what's best for him so he joined them.
    son I've got a at my office who thinks the same, she sucked half the s on our floor trying to get upstairs the corporate ladder ... what I'm trying to say is that a is still a , even if she has a nice position, everybody still treats her like a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    son I've got a at my office who thinks the same, she sucked half the s on our floor trying to get upstairs the corporate ladder ... what I'm trying to say is that a is still a , even if she has a nice position, everybody still treats her like a .
    What's her extension?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the Spurs "learn to toughen up" with a top 50 player on their roster when they tanked for Duncan?
    I was actually happy with that team. I followed all the games that season and they played hard and physical. They didn't get many wins, but they played hard every night.

I think they deserved the reward for not tanking by playing hard. They earned that number 1 pick and the Basketball gods obviously agreed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What's her extension?
    one line(r).

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was actually happy with that team. I followed all the games that season and they played hard and physical. They didn't get many wins, but they played hard every night.

I think they deserved the reward for not tanking by playing hard. They earned that number 1 pick and the Basketball gods obviously agreed.
    GTF - y'all didn't deserve back det year. Boston was genuinely a bad team and deserved Jim. Now granted, I'm glad Jim went to SA and not Boston for obvious reasons, but no way in did y'all deserve #1 overall pick with a top 50 all-time player on the roster. But that's just me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTF - y'all didn't deserve back det year. Boston was genuinely a bad team and deserved Jim. Now granted, I'm glad Jim went to SA and not Boston for obvious reasons, but no way in did y'all deserve #1 overall pick with a top 50 all-time player on the roster. But that's just me
    The Lakers deserve Kobe, Randle, D'Bust, and LaVar though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His move to GS have people talking more about him than they would've had he stayed in OKC.

Whether it's positive views or negative views against him, it still got the desired result.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So STFU

When you leave a job for another one, you do it because better pay, or location, or work environment etc... So what you feel is best for you

It was a beta move. That others would've done it doesn't erase that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Lakers deserve Kobe, Randle, D'Bust, and LaVar though.
    Lavar is the new Jack tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh no, I would not have. I would never have gone to a 73 (record breaking) win team if I hadn't won a Championship before and I was a top 5 player in the league. That's just pathetic. I hated what Lebron did, but what's crazy is, this now in comparison makes that not seem that bad at all. That's how egregious this is. To top it all off, you've got a tweet from KD taking a shot at Lebron back then too. lol. What a ing tool.

It really is flagrantly bad on every level. KD can try and spin this all he wants, but all the spinning in the world isn't going to make this look any better.

I think I'd have a modi of respect for him if he just came out and said that he wanted it easier.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He doesn't want to end up like Barkley, on a TnT set with his in one hand and no NBA le in the other. Sure, it ain't like it used to be where ring count was everything. Now? They pick & choose their victims. Durant has been targeted. I'd tell them to go back and their mothers some more if I were him, or, if I were Trump. Especially Trump.

Whether you're this Ball pappy, or, Durant, do what's best for you & your line of blood because the only help you're gonna get is when they help you down into the ground.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So STFU

Lefty, just because someone does what they want to do doesn't mean everyone wants the same things. For example, you might like to suck a so you'll go suck a . Others here will likely go have a beer, but you're both doing what you want to do, putting something in your mouths that satisfies you, so technically it's the same thing, but in reality you're a got and we're just beer drinkers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was never about going to the Warriors; it was about leaving the Thunder. Most superstars and stars, that have moved on from their initial team, did so primarily because they had no chance to contend for a championship. Had he been in that situation and went to the Warriors, I still would have hated it because it still would have destroyed the league, but I'd have understood it. What I don't understand, is how any supposed compe or could leave arguably the second best team in the league to join the best, especially when they came within' a hair of beating them last season and could have going forward. I also don't understand how you could derive any satisfaction from winning, when you have no compe ion.
    Last edited by TD 21; 05-28-2017 at 05:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was never about going to the Warriors; it was about leaving the Thunder. Most superstars and stars, that have moved on from their initial team, did so primarily because they had no chance to contend for a championship. Had he been in that situation and went to the Warriors, I still would have hated it because it still would have destroyed the league, but I'd have understood it. What I don't understand, is how any supposed compe or could leave arguably the second best team in the league to join the best, especially when they came within' a hair of beating them last season and could have going forward. I also don't understand how you could derive any satisfaction from winning, when you have no compe ion.
    Oh that's easy:

He's on an island now. Ibaka, Harden, Durant and even Brooks are gone. Only KD is in a better spot.

Thread Information