Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd compound the fall of "The Beautiful Game" for sure. He'd reduce Kawhiso, though, and Leonard is a good enough off-ball player to still get his points
    Meh idk if hed compound it tbh. It takes touches from lma and pau will pass or dribble with a purpose

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3's age and health problems make this an obvious pass, tbh.
    Re is cheaper and would fit in better (if you really, really want a FA guard).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul created a CBA rule that will directly help him maximize his potential earnings, tbh he's taking as much money as he can..
    this thread will reach 100 pages and CP3 will sign his max deal with the clippers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris Paul created a CBA rule that will directly help him maximize his potential earnings, tbh he's taking as much money as he can..
    Right but that's if Clippers offer and he takes the 5th year... any player making 40+ at 36-37 is tough for a franchise. Wouldn't surprise me if a 2-3 year deal woul be a possibility nobody is really thinking about..

He'd still clip $100M with that deal which is more than the previous CBA deal was...so yeah he can still benefit and contend if he REALLY wants to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It feels weird having star players seriously consider the Spurs. I'm still stuck in the days where with all the cap space in the world, our big FA signing was ing Rasho.

If CP3 wants to be here you do everything possible to make it happen though. You worry about fit and paying him an exuberant amount towards the tail end of the contract later on.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried to tell everyone and I feel I'm the bus driver of CP3 to SA....

Lowe is sometimes questionable regarding predictions of how teams play etc but he's connected for sure and has legit sources..probably more than anyone still with ESPN tbh..

But Woj started this whole thing and since he did I know it's real...it's just about the moving parts Simmons,Pau, Parker, Dedmon, Mills, Manu etc that make it hard to really comprehend what it'll take..

But we're fans and aren't in the Spurs or Paul camp so we don't know what the true priorities are...but there's toooooo much smoke going around for it to not be real..

Paul wants a ring and KD has made it easy for others to jump ship without criticism tbh..
    If they can salary dump Aldridge for capspace and could just squeeze in about a $31 million offer to Paul, assuming Gasol, Dedmon, and Lee don't opt out. Then Ginobili, Simmons, Mills walk and the roster looks like

G Paul
    G Green
    F Leonard
    F Anderson
    C Gasol

6 Murray
    7 Lee
    8 Dedmon
    9 Bertans
    10 Forbes
    11-13 minimum salary player

IR Parker (with hopefully a return in the second half of the season)

I don't think that's a team that could beat Golden State and if you sign Chris Paul you have to win right away because of his age and injury history.

Now if they could get Gasol to opt out of his deal to sign something like a 3 year, $30 million contract they might have a chance to keep Simmons.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs best chance is if the Clippers fail to renew Blake and then choose to go rebuilding mode, going back to being, "the clippers".

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pau would have to opt out and spurs would have to get rid of LMA's contract to pay cp3 what he will want.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't doubt it, but it's just not practical. It's not just the 5th year, it's the Spurs' extremely difficult path to max cap space. Salary dumping Gasol would be a given and probably relatively easy too, but Parker would require attaching a future protected 1st and severing ties. I can't imagine them doing that or Paul being on board with it, considering they're long time friends . . .of course, considering it's a clear cut top 10 player and their greatest positional need, they should still pursue it to the fullest through the back channels and have a meeting anyway.

Once that fails though, they should lock in on Hill, who they should have been pursuing through the back channels since he got traded. He'd be an ideal bridge from Parker to Murray and can play with either on both sides of the ball. He'd also only require them to move Gasol, as far as significant salary and obviously move on from Mills. Both would be fine, since neither can really play against most of the best teams anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please, PATFO, pass on him.

Millsap would be money better spent
    Good call.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re has already started his decline spiral, his production numbers collapsed and probably keep falling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop was secretly complimentary and showed his admiration for CP3 when he suggested Murray to study him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The he needs to learn is like bringing a once paralyzed person into being self sufficient, someone from recovering from a stroke. He cant pass, he cant score when it matters, he cant defend, he cant rebound. He CANT EVEN SET A GOOD PICK. , he doenst even make contact on 80 percent of his pick attempts.... the system cant teach him how to function at basic levels. Hes a loser, out of shape, and just a .

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Red is already 32 and doesnt have much outside of his ability to shoot, hes already started declining. He will easily get 20 million a season though and that sure as is not a worthy or necessary move for SA imo...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=LkrFan;9028853]

i never said Pau was going to opt out. I simply answered the question of what would need to happen to open up enough cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Red is already 32 and doesnt have much outside of his ability to shoot, hes already started declining. He will easily get 20 million a season though and that sure as is not a worthy or necessary move for SA imo...
    "Ideal"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever happened to "Built not bought"?

Maybe there's a reason why the likes of RJ, LMA, Pau etc. haven't worked out as envisioned.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whatever happened to "Built not bought"?

Maybe there's a reason why the likes of RJ, LMA, Pau etc. haven't worked out as envisioned.
    Spurs and a transcending star linked. Knew the inevitable "built not bought" fans would show up. apalisoc_9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    enough of these old guys...the NBA is a young man's league now...we have Murray...lets send our money elsewhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not to mention CP3 is a perennial choke in the playoffs...ill pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does no one, outside of the merits of spending money on CP3 at his age, have concerns with his fit? Kawhi has the ball a lot and would SA really adjust their offense by taking the ball out of Kawhi's hands to be in CP3's?

CP3 is a high usage, ball-in-the-hand to create for others player and I don't see him changing. Could SA function and both Kawhi/CP3 change their style of play?
    Absolutely they could. Kawhi and CP3 are both selfless players who would make it work. And tbh the Spurs would be dumb not to try to attain him if it's a realistic possibility. With that said, I don't think he's coming here. Too much money to turn down from the Clips. And if he did, I think it would hinder Kawhi's chances at an MVP award in the next couple seasons (not that it really matters if it gives us a better shot a ring, but just saying).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want to see Anthony Davis join the Spurs and play with Kawhi. Wont be a free agent till 2020 though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great we need another overpaid 33+ year old

Thread Information